PDA

View Full Version : Rattlesnake Roundup Article on ESPN

Adidas410s
03-19-2007, 11:13 AM
http://espn.go.com/

Scroll down to "must read" on the left side of the screen. It's a 4 part article...

Snyder_TigerFan
03-19-2007, 11:26 AM
http://assets.espn.go.com/winnercomm/outdoors/i/pg-RSfirstaid.jpg

Nothing like having your hairy back posted on the internet.:)

mustang59
03-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
http://assets.espn.go.com/winnercomm/outdoors/i/pg-RSfirstaid.jpg

Nothing like having your hairy back posted on the internet.:)
Ouch, that looks a little painful. At least someone shaved part of his back.LOL

BILLYFRED0000
03-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Now ya'll be nice there. Ol Denny Ray is just trying to slather a little anti venom in their with a mesquite thorn. Probably hurts worse than the bite did. But Denny knows what he is doin. Up til this year he has never been bitten. And it's funny to cause this is just one of the best good ol boys you will ever meet. Course I am partial a little since I have known him close to 30 years.

DU_stud04
03-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Norman County Convention Center??? where is norman county? i thought sweetwater was in nolan....

BILLYFRED0000
03-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Just readin that article makes me want to go over to Denny's and have some barbecue. And yes Bronte does have a 9 hole golf course. Denny used to be the superintendent when the county ran it but the oil money ran dry and Bronte bought it, or rather some people in Bronte bought it, and Denny had to have something else to do. Ya'll ought to know his family is somethin else to. I sure do miss the old guy. Course if you was talkin to him he still looks 50 somethin. And moves better than that.
I gonna have to go have a look at his little snake farm and see what's new.

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-19-2007, 12:29 PM
I've played the course in Bronte, it's aight.

BILLYFRED0000
03-19-2007, 12:33 PM
It's not much better than a goat track but considering the weather and location it ain't bad. That little course is one of the reasons we had a lot of state titles in golf. While I was there we
won 3 and came in 3rd the other year.

BILLYFRED0000
03-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Ya'll should know that catchin snakes is really pretty easy except for the crawling around in the rocks part. I used to have to shake out my chaps cause the gravel would get in there and then get to itchin. I used to have as much fun catchin the horny toads as I did the snakes.

mustang59
03-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
It's not much better than a goat track but considering the weather and location it ain't bad. That little course is one of the reasons we had a lot of state titles in golf. While I was there we
won 3 and came in 3rd the other year.
So you grew up in Bronte?

BILLYFRED0000
03-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by mustang59
So you grew up in Bronte?

Yes, sorry. I had personal issues for a couple of days. Hard to get to the pc. Yes, 1-12 and then on to ACU. Changed alot in some ways not so much in others.

BILLYFRED0000
03-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Still have family there. Grandmom who raised me and uncles and aunts etc. Have family in Abilene and had some in Sweetwater and Roscoe. Not to mention Winters Trent and Ballinger at different times. Never had any in San Angelo but since it was close we went there a lot for business and such. My little sister lived in Robert Lee too for a while. Needless to say I am kinda familiar with the area. And still love it.

mustang59
03-20-2007, 10:42 PM
My dad lives in Abilene and we lived there for several years before moving here. No family left in Sweetwater.

turbostud
03-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Whats the name of the bar/saloon thats in Bronte right off the highway. We used to go drinking there when I lived in San Angelo. Is it still there? This was back in 1988-1991 before I was of drinkin age.;)

BILLYFRED0000
03-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Whats the name of the bar/saloon thats in Bronte right off the highway. We used to go drinking there when I lived in San Angelo. Is it still there? This was back in 1988-1991 before I was of drinkin age.;)

Ya know it ain't there now. And I don't remember the name at the time. It changed names and hands so many times that it all runs together for me. The building is still there. My uncle lived real close to it for a while.