PDA

View Full Version : Big restaurant to hit Bryan/College Station

CHS_CG
03-19-2007, 09:36 AM
College Station is home to many big restaurant chains. And now Bryan may get in on some of the action, with the anticipated opening of a Hooters restaurant.

Although just in the beginning phases, the restaurant known for its wings, and scantily-clad waitresses, is looking to open its doors in time for the Aggies' first home football game.

No construction has begun, but plans are already underway. A small TABC sign speaks of the restaurant's intentions to serve customers in Bryan's new North Park Plaza shopping center.

"We're currently working on an architectural plan, a site adaptation. We have a standard store we put in, so we just have to adapt it to that site," said Mike Herrick, VP of Texas Wings, the franchise owners of Hooters in Texas. "So we're working on that and as soon as we do that we'll submit that to the city for approval."

When Hooters opened its doors in Waco, it wasn't welcomed by all in the community with open arms. But officials say the restaurant giant could attract more people to Bryan.

"I think anytime there's a major nationally recognized chain that comes into your community there's a potential to have a positive impact," said Royce Hickman, president of the Bryan-College Station Chamber of Commerce.

Some local residents agree with the potential for positive impact, while others have differing opinions.

"Just because they're named Hooters, everybody gets the wrong impression of them," said Brazos County resident James Steckman.

"I think it would be good for the economy. It's just another restaurant. We have quite a few already but I don't have a problem with that," said Margaret Hernandez.

"It's horrible! I don't think it's a very good idea, there are other things that could be done or put up in place of that," said Angelia Banks. "I think it's just a waste of money."

As for Hooters' signature color of orange, Herrick, whose wife is an Aggie, says he knows well that many in the Brazos Valley bleed maroon.

"We're very aware of a hatred for the color orange," said Herrick. "I'll put it that way."

Herrick says the company prides itself on being community-oriented and will cross that bridge when they come to it.

Funk-d-fied
03-19-2007, 09:44 AM
is it going to be maroon like the McDonalds? Guess we will see.

neck_06
03-19-2007, 09:58 AM
BBDE just found a new favorite place to eat! sorry Roadhouse....

CHS_CG
03-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
is it going to be maroon like the McDonalds? Guess we will see.

they are actually redoing that mcdonalds as we speak lol.. and hooters is goin to be in bryan bc appently college station didnt want it.. (who gives a damn, its the same town anyway)

big daddy russ
03-19-2007, 11:58 AM
I'd always heard rumors that Hooters had already tried to put up a place in CS, but a local city ordinance would've required them to put maroon on their building and they didn't want to do that. May just be local legend, but it would help explain why they're going to Bryan.

Anyone know where it's going to be? Are they thinking of putting it out by the new movie theater?

Emerson1
03-19-2007, 12:09 PM
lucky

burnet44
03-19-2007, 12:19 PM
will the sheep at the BCS Hooters wear tops?

DU_stud04
03-19-2007, 12:28 PM
winghouse is better :D ....even if it is a direct copy of hooters

CHS_CG
03-19-2007, 12:41 PM
They said the new north park plaza in bryan.. i think its on texas ave. not sure where it is but i see them building out there all the time.

tortilla_man
03-19-2007, 09:25 PM
it's on texas in the new shopping center going toward bryan from cs, on your left hand side, across the street from the A&M building the houses admissions etc...

mistanice
03-19-2007, 11:32 PM
just paint a maroon stripe like the whataburger in CS.

fireman1
03-19-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
just paint a maroon stripe like the whataburger in CS.

or even the Home Depot it had to change its colors also but I hope its up and running before the annual fire school in July that would be great :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-19-2007, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by burnet44

We like to sheer our sheep and show off their bare flesh, get it right. :mad:

c-town_balla
03-20-2007, 07:41 AM
i know this is off topic.......but is anyone else mad that 103.9 is rap now?

CHS_CG
03-20-2007, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
i know this is off topic.......but is anyone else mad that 103.9 is rap now?

umm 103.9 is still rock.. trust me I listen to it.

ej2525
03-20-2007, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
They said the new north park plaza in bryan.. i think its on texas ave. not sure where it is but i see them building out there all the time.

You pick up an application there yet T? JK! :D

CHS_CG
03-20-2007, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by ej2525
You pick up an application there yet T? JK! :D

i dont have the boobs...

piratebg
03-20-2007, 08:04 AM
I love HOOTERS and so do my boys. Heck, even my wife craves HOOTERS every so often. :D

JJ7997
03-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by burnet44

Just like the He-She's in Austin do.

theyoefnshow
03-20-2007, 10:23 AM
heh....104.3 is now spanish and that makes me laugh because that station sucked.

ALso.....for the record Hooters is overrated. If I wanna see chicks runnin around like that, I'll go to Joy of Austin....the food is way better.

BullFrog Dad
03-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by fireman1
I hope its up and running before the annual fire school in July that would be great :D That is probably a little early but it will definitely be in business before the Aggies win the National Championship.

CHS_CG
03-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
That is probably a little early but it will definitely be in business before the Aggies win the National Championship.

I like the way you think
:clap: