PDA

View Full Version : Adidas, all the other Pat Green fans on the board...

big daddy russ
03-19-2007, 04:02 AM
Heard the first PG song that I've liked in almost six years the other day. That new one of his is a great song... Dixie Lullaby I think. A little less commercial than most of his new stuff. It has a little bit of a Texas feel to it all over again.

CHS_CG
03-19-2007, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Heard the first PG song that I've liked in almost six years the other day. That new one of his is a great song... Dixie Lullaby I think. A little less commercial than most of his new stuff. It has a little bit of a Texas feel to it all over again.

I like a select few of his songs but Dixie Lullaby is a good song. It makes a great dancing song when u are out to lol

Maroon87
03-19-2007, 08:10 AM
I'd heard that song on the radio several times and never knew it was Pat Green until a few weeks ago.:doh:

It's a very good song.

ol country boy
03-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Saw pat this past weekend and thought he sucked. He was a lot better about 5 years ago.

Adidas410s
03-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by ol country boy
Saw pat this past weekend and thought he sucked. He was a lot better about 5 years ago.

Yeah...he only played for about 2 hours in Corpus Christi this weekend...crappy indeed!!! :rolleyes:

pirate4state
03-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Yeah...he only played for about 2 hours in Corpus Christi this weekend...crappy indeed!!! :rolleyes:

I don't know how long he played, but Kevin Fowler was the best part of that concert!! Hell, even RRB performed and got the crowd going more than Pat did. ALOT of people left after Kevin Fowler. Even more left after Pat sang "Carry On". As we were leaving people were starting to throw beer around. :rolleyes: I was parked like 2 miles away so we left a little early and missed "Wave on Wave & Dancehall" :( I don't care much for his new songs.

I noticed that Kevin Fowler is gonna be in Odessa in April when I'm in Midland!! WOO HOO! Gonna try and get tickets. :) I think he only played for like 40 minutes, but the crowd was RABID CRAZY for those 40 minutes. :clap:

ol country boy
03-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

I was there and he just puts on a different show than he used to. I did not think he played for 2 hours though.

I did notice how a bunch of people left after Kevin Fowler.

Adidas410s
03-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
As we were leaving people were starting to throw beer around. :rolleyes:

Welcome to ANY PG concert in Texas these days. It's frustrating indeed. I've resorted to only catching him at places like Billy Bob's, Gruene Hall, and Floores as those are the only remaining places in Texas where you can truly enjoy the show without a bunch of drunk HS kids (and sometimes older people too) ruining the crowd atmosphere for everybody. Sad times indeed... :(

CHS_CG
03-19-2007, 02:59 PM
I watched him last year at Chilifest and the poor guy looked like he was gunna pass out.. he is getting to old and not in good enough shape to keep his preformance up to me. I like some of his songs still but I dont care for seeing him in concert

Txbroadcaster
03-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
he is getting to old and not in good enough shape to keep his preformance up to me. I like some of his songs still but I dont care for seeing him in concert

OLD?!?!? he is like 34 or 35...If Mick Jaqgger can run around like a 5 year old on stage I hope Green is not over the hill at his age lol

stangGirl2007
03-19-2007, 03:07 PM

I noticed that Kevin Fowler is gonna be in Odessa in April when I'm in Midland!! WOO HOO! Gonna try and get tickets. :) I think he only played for like 40 minutes, but the crowd was RABID CRAZY for those 40 minutes. :clap:

Like I said before.. we are going to a concert together!:D We should be down there that weekend too so I would love to go to this concert!:inlove:

pirate4state
03-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by stangGirl2007
Like I said before.. we are going to a concert together!:D We should be down there that weekend too so I would love to go to this concert!:inlove:

Tell your dad to get us tickets!!!! ROFLMAO!

stangGirl2007
03-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Tell your dad to get us tickets!!!! ROFLMAO!

Hey who knows.. he might let me go to the concert! I told him last night that I wanted to go down for that weekend..he said he had already planned on it. It could be like.. part of my birthday present.:thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
03-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Hey who knows.. he might let me go to the concert! I told him last night that I wanted to go down for that weekend..he said he had already planned on it. It could be like.. part of my birthday present.:thumbsup:

Don't forget about me.....I wanna go too!!!

stangGirl2007
03-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Don't forget about me.....I wanna go too!!!

Of course! I will be celebrating my birthday and all.. what would it be without you RM?:inlove:

3afan
03-19-2007, 03:31 PM
check out the Friday lineup HERE (http://www.realtexasfestival.com/rtm.html) on 4/27 in Mesquite

only $5 !!!!!

pirate4state
03-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Don't forget about me.....I wanna go too!!! Well, yeah!!

I really want to go!!! :) I forgot about it being Sally's b-day on the 11th!!!! :)

stangGirl2007
03-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Well, yeah!!

I really want to go!!! :) I forgot about it being Sally's b-day on the 11th!!!! :)

Thanks alot.. just forget my birthday like that!:(

:p

pirate4state
03-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks alot.. just forget my birthday like that!:(

:p

Well, it isn't even HERE yet so I'm entitled to forget up until that day!! :p

We should really try and go. He'll be playing at the Dos Amigos in Odessa. Anyone ever been there??

Ranger Mom
03-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Well, it isn't even HERE yet so I'm entitled to forget up until that day!! :p

We should really try and go. He'll be playing at the Dos Amigos in Odessa. Anyone ever been there??

OMG, you are KIDDING me!!!!

It is a tiny little place....that is where my son rode bulls.

pirate4state
03-19-2007, 04:04 PM
OMG, you are KIDDING me!!!!

It is a tiny little place....that is where my son rode bulls.

Nope, not kidding. Small places are the best!!! :D

Bull19
03-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I watched him last year at Chilifest and the poor guy looked like he was gunna pass out.. he is getting to old and not in good enough shape to keep his preformance up to me. I like some of his songs still but I dont care for seeing him in concert

PROBABLY CAUSE EVERY YEAR UP THERE HE HIS HAMMERED ON GOD OLE' JACK DANIELS

Gobbla2001
03-19-2007, 10:15 PM
I don't like most of his newer music, but the man is good... too many people go expecting to hear everything BUT what he's done in Nashville and they don't get it...

the man rocks balls... if you don't like his new chit, don't go to his shows and throw beer cans etc...

Rock on, Pat!!!

Adidas410s
03-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I don't like most of his newer music, but the man is good... too many people go expecting to hear everything BUT what he's done in Nashville and they don't get it...

the man rocks balls... if you don't like his new chit, don't go to his shows and throw beer cans etc...

Rock on, Pat!!!

Seriously...how many other artists could pull this off on stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3YvUPdv6-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koC2mYxP3NA

pirate4state
03-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Not many. I didn't think he totally sucked, but he really killed the crowd energy when he played his new music. :(

Adidas410s
03-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

It's the same old adage...people don't like change. :(

pirate4state
03-20-2007, 10:47 AM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :mad:

Maroon87
03-20-2007, 10:58 AM
I've never understood all this Pat Green criticism. I saw him at the Surf Club in CC in '97 or '98 and I saw him at the Houston Rodeo in 2005 and I enjoyed both shows equally. He's an artist...they tend to evolve over time. Some of them actually get tired of singing about the same stuff and want to break the routine and broaden their appeal. Nature of the beast I guess.:thinking:

bhtrainer
03-20-2007, 12:09 PM
i FINALLY met Pat after the Houston Rodeo...amazing...people were laughin at me because normally i dont shut up...but when i met him i was so happy i couldnt even speak...it was crazy...but defenitly my exciting moment

Adidas410s
03-20-2007, 12:30 PM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :mad:

BROADEN YOUR HORIZONS!!! :mad: