PDA

View Full Version : Rockets win by 50 on the road

Bull Butter
03-18-2007, 09:50 PM
124-74 at Philly.

I know the Sixers are bad, but you'd think they would at least come within 49 on their home court.

Reds fan
03-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Yup, the line was Rockets by 4 1/2!!!

Bull's-eye
03-19-2007, 01:17 AM
Rockets trail Utah by a 1-1/2 for the 4th seed. Since Utah will win their division, I heard they are guaranteed the 4th seed even if the Rockets have a better record. The Houston announcers were saying that if the Rockets pass Utah, they will have the home-court avantage over the Jazz. This is some kind of new NBA rule. In the past, division winner were guaranteed the 3 top seeds. Can anybody clear this up?

JasperDog94
03-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Rockets trail Utah by a 1-1/2 for the 4th seed. Since Utah will win their division, I heard they are guaranteed the 4th seed even if the Rockets have a better record. The Houston announcers were saying that if the Rockets pass Utah, they will have the home-court avantage over the Jazz. This is some kind of new NBA rule. In the past, division winner were guaranteed the 3 top seeds. Can anybody clear this up? That happened a couple of years ago I believe. I heard talk of the NBA changing that rule. I hope so. It was a stupid rule. Who cares if you won your weak division? The team with the best record gets home court advantage.