PDA

View Full Version : Celtics fined for contact with Durants family

injuredinmelee
03-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Danny Ainge you snake (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2803589)

SOrry if this has been posted or discussed already.

eagles_victory
03-18-2007, 05:10 PM
i think Cleveland was fined Lebrons senior year of high school for a similar thing

Phil C
03-19-2007, 09:42 AM
The fine is a joke. It is peanuts to what they can make if they get him. Now you take away a couple of draft picks.

smustangs
03-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
The fine is a joke. It is peanuts to what they can make if they get him. Now you take away a couple of draft picks.

i agree if i get fined a small amount and get to sign someone like durant who will put bodies in the bleachers and points on the board then its worth it

big daddy russ
03-19-2007, 12:01 PM
If my team was as pathetic as the Celts, I'd invest $30K into trying to talk Durant into this year's draft, too.

Emerson1
03-19-2007, 12:11 PM
They make $30,000 on bear sales alone in the first quarter I bet.

eagles_victory
03-19-2007, 01:37 PM
why are they wasting there time the NBA will just rip them off and give the number 1 pick to the Spurs again anyway... Tim Duncan should be a Celtic

Phil C
03-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
why are they wasting there time the NBA will just rip them off and give the number 1 pick to the Spurs again anyway... Tim Duncan should be a Celtic

:)

big daddy russ
03-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Yeah, because San Antonio's such a media hotspot. It makes perfect sense that the NBA hatched a conspiracy to take Duncan away from Boston (the fifth-largest media market in the nation) and give it to SA (the 37th-largest market). The money David Stern made off that deal worked out great for the league in 1999 (fourth-lowest TV ratings for an NBA Finals ever, even with the Knicks on the other side of the court), 2005 (second-lowest rated Finals), and 2003 (lowest-rated Finals).

You just made Mavs fans everywhere look jealous, bitter, and petty. The NBA got it right with the lottery. You shouldn't be rewarded for tanking games, like the Niners did a couple of years ago.

Now go sit in the corner and think about what you said.

eagles_victory
03-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Yeah, because San Antonio's such a media hotspot. It makes perfect sense that the NBA hatched a conspiracy to take Duncan away from Boston (the fifth-largest media market in the nation) and give it to SA (the 37th-largest market). The money David Stern made off that deal worked out great for the league in 1999 (fourth-lowest TV ratings for an NBA Finals ever, even with the Knicks on the other side of the court), 2005 (second-lowest rated Finals), and 2003 (lowest-rated Finals).

You just made Mavs fans everywhere look jealous, bitter, and petty. The NBA got it right with the lottery. You shouldn't be rewarded for tanking games, like the Niners did a couple of years ago.

Now go sit in the corner and think about what you said. this guy thinks he knows it all i thought Addidas was bad and the celtics had the worst record so they should of been the first pick but the stupid lottery strikes again. Oh yea and im not a Mavs fan so check your facts. And the reason they were the lowest rated finals is because people would rather walk into oncoming traffic then watch the boring spurs play

eagles_victory
03-19-2007, 02:14 PM
the warriors and bobcats also got fined for comments made about Durant

JasperDog94
03-19-2007, 02:15 PM
the warriors and bobcats also got fined for comments made about Durant Comments "about" Durant or comments "to" Durant?

big daddy russ
03-19-2007, 02:46 PM
this guy thinks he knows it all i thought Addidas was bad and the celtics had the worst record so they should of been the first pick but the stupid lottery strikes again.
LOL. The Spurs had the second-worst record but they weren't tanking games. That's the beauty of the lottery. It only gives you a shot at number one, not the absolute number one pick. There's still a reason to play hard every game.

Oh yea and im not a Mavs fan so check your facts.
You're not? You talk about 'em a lot.

Oh well, the entire Clipper nation just looked worse because of that comment. Or is it Orlando? Or Washington?

And the reason they were the lowest rated finals is because people would rather walk into oncoming traffic then watch the boring spurs play
Well, that and the fact that SA is one of the five smallest markets in the NBA. That comment about Duncan being "stolen" from the Celts just looks better and better every minute.