PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero 2 is the greatest thing ever.....

theyoefnshow
03-18-2007, 12:51 AM
My brother n law is spending the night and brought his PS2 along with this game. I've had many beers and my forearms are burning but this is the coolest thing I have played in a long time.....I cannot wait until this thing hits the XBox 360 in two weeks......
In the meantime....I need another beer!!

thatsminty
03-18-2007, 01:28 AM
lolz

i like the weezer in it

theyoefnshow
03-18-2007, 01:30 AM
weezer?? Which song?

thatsminty
03-18-2007, 01:39 AM
i think it's the my name is jonas i forget

Ranger Mom
03-18-2007, 10:32 AM
I played guitar hero II before I played the original Guitar Hero....I think I like the songs on the first one better personally!!

lepfan
03-18-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I played guitar hero II before I played the original Guitar Hero....I think I like the songs on the first one better personally!! I haven't played GH1...but I have heard others say the same thing.

Emerson1
03-18-2007, 12:11 PM
GH2 is still better because of the multiplayer modes. I can't wait for GH 80s edition.

Keith7
03-18-2007, 12:21 PM
just 2 weeks until it is on the 360!!

Bull19
03-18-2007, 01:32 PM
IM STILL WAITING FOR JERRY REED'S "EAST BOUND AND DOWN",,,PERFECT SONG FOR GH

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-18-2007, 01:53 PM
I played guitar hero II before I played the original Guitar Hero....I think I like the songs on the first one better personally!!

The songs on the original are too easy. I beat GH2 on hard and I beat Bark at the Moon on Expert on my first try.

Ranger Mom
03-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
The songs on the original are too easy. I beat GH2 on hard and I beat Bark at the Moon on Expert on my first try.

I can barely get through Bark at the Moon on medium.

Ashton sails right through it and is working on hard now!

My oldest son can play most songs on Expert! I will never get past medium...when they throw the orange button in, I'm a goner!!

CHS_CG
03-19-2007, 08:56 AM

My oldest son can play most songs on Expert! I will never get past medium...when they throw the orange button in, I'm a goner!!

i beat all the songs on easy with 5 stars then i beat medium and trying to go back and get 5 stars are all of those... i tried a hard song and was kicked off the stage lol

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-19-2007, 08:57 AM

Well, you have to learn to slide your fingers down, duh. ;)

The whammy bar on my guitar broke from playing too much, so yeah, I'm disappointed in the overall longevity of the product. Oh well, I'm trying to go for 5 stars on every song on expert on GH2. I only have 12 songs left. :D

Ranger Mom
03-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Well, you have to learn to slide your fingers down, duh. ;)

I've tried that!! I can hit the orange key just fine, it's just having to slide back that gets me!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-19-2007, 09:48 AM
I've tried that!! I can hit the orange key just fine, it's just having to slide back that gets me!

Do you play using your pinky or not?

Ranger Mom
03-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Do you play using your pinky or not?

Well yes....that is my "blue button" finger!!:)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Well yes....that is my "blue button" finger!!:)

Well, when needed, make that your orange button finger.

Ranger Mom
03-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Well, when needed, make that your orange button finger.

I've tried, but it won't stretch that far, so I have to slide all my fingers up.

When I do that and need to get back to the red one, I always seem to only make it halfway there...and end up hitting red and green at the same time!!:(

It's not the sliding up of the fingers that gets me...it's the sliding back down!!

Goodness, that sounds almost perverted!!:eek:

CHS_CG
03-19-2007, 10:05 AM

starting early are we?

Txbroadcaster
03-19-2007, 10:14 AM
I've tried, but it won't stretch that far, so I have to slide all my fingers up.

When I do that and need to get back to the red one, I always seem to only make it halfway there...and end up hitting red and green at the same time!!:(

It's not the sliding up of the fingers that gets me...it's the sliding back down!!

WOWSER..ur trying to get the board worked up this morning

theyoefnshow
03-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Niiiice *thumbs up*

Ranger Mom
03-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
WOWSER..ur trying to get the board worked up this morning

ROFL!!! It was in all innocence.

I typed it and when I read it back, I didn't think "Guitar Hero" for some reason!!:p :p

lepfan
03-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
i beat all the songs on easy with 5 stars then i beat medium and trying to go back and get 5 stars are all of those... i tried a hard song and was kicked off the stage lol Medium...Hell, I can't get past EASY! I am on the short bus for eye/hand coordination!

Emerson1
03-19-2007, 11:42 AM

What I have always done it start off with my entire hand down a button. So instead of having to slide up or down to get orange, your pinky is already on orange and the pointer finger which is easier to use can just stretch to the first button.

Macarthur
03-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Did I dream this or is there a song on GH2 by Buckethead that supposidly no one can beat?

sweetwater07
03-19-2007, 01:48 PM
the songs on the first one are way better..but 2 has multiplayer.......they need to put A Perfect Circle or Tool on the next game though...they never have any industrial ...Maybe even a Manson song would be pretty tight.

sweetwater07
03-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Did I dream this or is there a song on GH2 by Buckethead that supposidly no one can beat?

that song is called Jordan and on expert its unbeatable.!!!

Ranger Mom
03-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
the songs on the first one are way better..but 2 has multiplayer.......they need to put A Perfect Circle or Tool on the next game though...they never have any industrial ...Maybe even a Manson song would be pretty tight.

One has multiplayer, you just can't play at different levels at the same time.

Emerson1
03-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
It's not impossible to beat, there is a video of a guy beating it........with a bucket on his head.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-19-2007, 05:33 PM
that song is called Jordan and on expert its unbeatable.!!!

Yeah, pretty much for me, too. I can beat every song on the game on expert, including the bonus tracks, except for that one. :(

Hupernikomen
03-19-2007, 09:25 PM
I bought the kids one for Christmas and they could care less for it, we hooked it up once. Anyways anyone want to make an offer shoot me a PM, probably going to list it on EBAY soon.

Gobbla2001
03-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
IM STILL WAITING FOR JERRY REED'S "EAST BOUND AND DOWN",,,PERFECT SONG FOR GH

hell yah...

you guys put down the controller and pick up a real guitar, then we'll see who the heroes are... ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
hell yah...

you guys put down the controller and pick up a real guitar, then we'll see who the heroes are... ;)

I have a real guitar. Play it when I get the chance, but I'm not that good at it, but getting better.

Gobbla2001
03-20-2007, 08:44 AM
I have a real guitar. Play it when I get the chance, but I'm not that good at it, but getting better.

rock on...

shoulda heard me a year ago... I was a notch below "yah he's okay"...

I feel as if I'm 100 times better...

Macarthur
03-20-2007, 10:35 AM

Never going to happen. TOOL is very guarded about their music. They would never agree to allow one of their songs used for something that I think they would view as superficial.

theyoefnshow
03-20-2007, 11:46 AM
same for Metallica I would think.

Though trying to get in the opening solo for "Am I Evil" would be impossible anyway.

Imagine if ERUPTION from Van Halen was in there.

Keith7
03-20-2007, 12:07 PM
real guitars are too expensive.. i'll stick to guitar hero

un b weavable
03-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Ive never played but it looks like a game that i could get into. I read that the guitar controller wont work on a PS3 so i guess im out of luck for now. Is there a guitar hero coming out on PS3? If so, when?

Emerson1
03-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by un b weavable
Ive never played but it looks like a game that i could get into. I read that the guitar controller wont work on a PS3 so i guess im out of luck for now. Is there a guitar hero coming out on PS3? If so, when?
Nope, there is nowhere for it to plug into, and as of now there is no date for it to come out on ps3. Chances are you won't see it until GH3 comes out.