PDA

View Full Version : Wharton Co. Game Warden Killed

CheerMom
03-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Last night a Wharton Co. game warden was shot and killed during a high speed chase. He would have turned, 34, today. He is survived by a wife and 4 month old baby.
Please keep this family in your prayers.

44INAROW
03-17-2007, 11:14 PM
I was just going to post this - so sad :(

injuredinmelee
03-17-2007, 11:21 PM
terrible tragedy. Game Wardens probably face the most dangerous task. YOu have to automatically assume that everyone they encounter has a weapon. THere is a reson that they have so many legal powers. God Bless this man family in their time of need.

JJ7997
03-17-2007, 11:22 PM
My prayers are with his family. I hate tragedies like these, I hope they catch and cook the b*%@ards that caused this.

turbostud
03-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Not trying to be insensitive but why was a game warden involved in a high speed chase. Are they trained for that? I would think they would leave that up to the Highway Patrol or Sheriff's. Agencies like Border Patrol are not allowed to pursue.

Reds fan
03-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Our prayers to his family. Game wardens are so under appreciated and have one of the riskiest jobs in law enforcement.

Reds fan
03-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Not trying to be insensitive but why was a game warden involved in a high speed chase. Are they trained for that? I would think they would leave that up to the Highway Patrol or Sheriff's. Agencies like Border Patrol are not allowed to pursue.

Yes, they are trained in all aspects of law enforcement and many are called on to assist in chase situations.

JJ7997
03-17-2007, 11:37 PM
Your absolutely right. My Dad is a federal Game Warden at Ft. Hood and about five years ago was persuing a fleeing subject out in a remote section of the range and rolled the truck he was driving. I am so thankful he wasnt hurt but I so wanted to get my hands on the individual that was running.

Who-dun-it!!?
03-17-2007, 11:45 PM

As a highway patrolman myself, I can vouch for the Game Wardens. I have proudly worked along side them my entire career, and I have every confidence in there abilities. I have been assisted many times by game wardens, and I have assisted them as well. As a piece officer, we're all in this together, it is a brotherhood, and sadly we have lost two of our brothers this week in Texas alone. A Trooper was also killed in the line of duty this week in an pursuit related accident.

Crow22
03-17-2007, 11:55 PM

Game Warden's have as much jurisdiction as anybody in the state.

turbostud
03-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
As a highway patrolman myself, I can vouch for the Game Wardens. I have proudly worked along side them my entire career, and I have every confidence in there abilities. I have been assisted many times by game wardens, and I have assisted them as well. As a piece officer, we're all in this together, it is a brotherhood, and sadly we have lost two of our brothers this week in Texas alone. A Trooper was also killed in the line of duty this week in an pursuit related accident.
No need to vouch for them. I have worked with Game Wardens myself. I just didnt know if they were trained in pursuit situations.

lepfan
03-18-2007, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Crow22
Game Warden's have as much jurisdiction as anybody in the state. If not more!!!!

One of my friend's (when I was growing up) dad was a GW...he would tell us how he approached people and vehicles...he said he was trained to always assume there was a loaded weapon... and in SE Oklahoma there usually was always a loaded weapon, a bunch of beer, and a lot of red necks involved in a mountain stop...I guess that guy had the right attitude...he dodged a few bullets himself ---

bobcat1
03-18-2007, 06:01 AM
Tragic loss. I pray God comforts and cares for his friends and family. :(

CheerMom
03-18-2007, 10:47 AM
Actually, this warden was back up to the officer who initially caught someone hunting from off the side of the road. He called in for help and this young warden along with the DPS and Wharton Co. Sheriff's Dept. were in pursuit. Evidently there were rounds fired from both sides and the warden and the suspect were both shot. The suspect is in the hospital.