Halftime

BOS 54
DAL 44

Yeah they smell like a winner......

106 Mavs

101 celts.

kepdawg
03-16-2007, 10:26 PM
They must have hit the showers at halftime and washed the stink off!

BILLYFRED0000
03-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
They must have hit the showers at halftime and washed the stink off!

What got me the other day was watching the Spurs losing to the Bucks. I could see Nellie beating the mavs and the same for the Suns. But I don't understand the Bucks on the Spurs.

kaorder1999
03-16-2007, 11:48 PM
it seemed like Dirk played his worst game of the year but by the time it was over he had his average and also had 12 boards or so.

Fal44
03-17-2007, 12:25 AM
go mavs :D

Maroon87
03-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
What got me the other day was watching the Spurs losing to the Bucks. I could see Nellie beating the mavs and the same for the Suns. But I don't understand the Bucks on the Spurs.

It's the NBA. Sometimes it's just the other teams' night.

Bullaholic
03-17-2007, 09:51 AM
My $.02---They play too many games in the NBA. They should either cut the schedules down, or shorten the season. By the time most of the teams make it to the NBA Playoffs, they are worn completely out. Mental and physical fatigue is a big factor in losing games in the NBA.

JasperDog94
03-17-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
My $.02---They play too many games in the NBA. They should either cut the schedules down, or shorten the season. Not likely...

Leopards,class of 75
03-17-2007, 12:35 PM
The Mavericks are doing really great this year! Hopefully this year they will win it all like they should have done last season.

Emerson1
03-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
My $.02---They play too many games in the NBA. They should either cut the schedules down, or shorten the season. By the time most of the teams make it to the NBA Playoffs, they are worn completely out. Mental and physical fatigue is a big factor in losing games in the NBA.
They really can't. They play each team from their conference 4 times, then each team from the othet twice.

It's usually only teams like the suns who rotate 7 guys in a running offense that tire out.

eagles_victory
03-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
They really can't. They play each team from their conference 4 times, then each team from the othet twice.

It's usually only teams like the suns who rotate 7 guys in a running offense that tire out. they didnt wear out the other night in a 2 ot game

Macarthur
03-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Yeah, and did you see that the Suns got drilled by Detroit.

Seems like both teams were a little drained after that huge game Wednesday night.

Emerson1
03-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
they didnt wear out the other night in a 2 ot game
Is it the playoffs?

Matthew328
03-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Suns typically do wear down in the playoffs

Bull's-eye
03-17-2007, 02:44 PM
With travel days and no back-to-back games, teams don't need a deep roster to win in the playoffs. In the long regular season, a deep team definately has the advantage. Phoenix actually played 8 players vs Dallas.

Bull's-eye
03-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Suns typically do wear down in the playoffs

Last year they didn't have Stoudemire.

Txbroadcaster
03-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
With travel days and no back-to-back games, teams don't need a deep roster to win in the playoffs. In the long regular season, a deep team definately has the advantage. Phoenix actually played 8 players vs Dallas.

I see your point, but I disagree..A team to be succesful in the play-offs need to be able to consitently rotate 8-10 players..Not just because of wear and tear but because of match up situations.

The ability to go small, or big and getting the mismatch is huge in a long play-off run. That is why Dallas beat SA last year, the ability to use the speed they had to wear down SA. They had a mismatch and used it correctly.

eagles_victory
03-17-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Is it the playoffs? didnt hurt them two years ago in the playoffs when they chased the mavs in 6... yea the mavs won last year but i believe the suns were missing mr stoudamire

Matthew328
03-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Also in the playoffs you play the same team for nearly 2 weeks straight...you have time to really scout a team and break them down in detail...in the regular season you don't have that luxury..

When you only play 6 or 7 guys its not near as much to prepare for as it is when you play 10...it always catches up with Pheonix and I think it will again this year...

And it may not be about the Suns wearing down as much as it is Nash wearing down..

Matthew328
03-17-2007, 02:54 PM
It doesnt seem to catch the Suns until the Conf. Finals...maybe that's Nash's limit?? Suns didn't have Stoudemire but I don't think the Mavs were near the team they are now..

I wasn't too worried about Dallas' loss the other night...they played Pheonix to a standstill and they lost their best on the ball defender early on and they didn't have George who is a key defender as well...

Bull's-eye
03-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I see your point, but I disagree..A team to be succesful in the play-offs need to be able to consitently rotate 8-10 players..Not just because of wear and tear but because of match up situations.

Miami won last year basically using 7-8 players. :thinking: It really depends on the talent. If you have to play "Hack-a-Shaq", your team will need a deep roster.

Matthew328
03-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Miami had a strong 8 man rotation...come playoff time Pheonix will wittle their rotation down to basically 6

garageoffice
03-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
II wasn't too worried about Dallas' loss the other night...they played Pheonix to a standstill and they lost their best on the ball defender early on and they didn't have George who is a key defender as well...

Good points! I did think the Mavs looked tired during the 4th quarter. However, the game came down to one of those situations I really hate. Down by 5, Nash comes down for a 3...Josh Howard jumps at him and does a GREAT job avoiding jumping into him, BUT Nash actually jumps sideways INTO him, not making a legitimate shooting attempt and gets the call. Of course, Nash ALWAYS gets the calls. After making the 3 FTs they were only down by 2, with a great shot at tying it. Don't get me wrong, I like Nash and think he's a great PG, but he gets more calls his way than any player I can think of.

Sure, it never should have come down to that, but I really hate refs making calls like that.

Emerson1
03-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by garageoffice
Good points! I did think the Mavs looked tired during the 4th quarter. However, the game came down to one of those situations I really hate. Down by 5, Nash comes down for a 3...Josh Howard jumps at him and does a GREAT job avoiding jumping into him, BUT Nash actually jumps sideways INTO him, not making a legitimate shooting attempt and gets the call. Of course, Nash ALWAYS gets the calls. After making the 3 FTs they were only down by 2, with a great shot at tying it. Don't get me wrong, I like Nash and think he's a great PG, but he gets more calls his way than any player I can think of.

Sure, it never should have come down to that, but I really hate refs making calls like that.

No, that is just the NBA for you. It's like when a defender jumps straight up on Kobe or Dwade, and they take a step into them and throw a shoulder into the guy for the defensive foul.

Bull's-eye
03-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Did anybody notice that Stoudemire was 16-19 for 41 points vs the Mavericks? The Mavericks achillies' heel may be the lack of a quality big man. Yao Ming was 12-16 for 36 points in his only game vs Dallas. How has Duncan faired against the Mavericks?

kepdawg
03-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Did anybody notice that Stoudemire was 16-19 for 41 points vs the Mavericks? The Mavericks achillies' heel may be the lack of a quality big man. Yao Ming was 12-16 for 36 points in his only game vs Dallas. How has Duncan faired against the Mavericks?

I don't mean this to come across the wrong way, but duh!

Bull's-eye
03-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I don't mean this to come across the wrong way, but duh!

:confused: All the talk was about Nash and how the Suns will wear down, but Dallas needs to focus on their interior game. Stoudemire outscored Dampier and Diop 41-13.

kepdawg
03-17-2007, 10:45 PM
:confused: All the talk was about Nash and how the Suns will wear down, but Dallas needs to focus on their interior game. Stoudemire outscored Dampier and Diop 41-13.

Sorry! Like I said I didn't want it to come across the wrong way. I just don't think it's breaking news or anything that the Mavs inside is weak.

JR2004
03-17-2007, 11:17 PM
That ridiculously weak inside game of the Mavs will ultimately be what keeps them from going back to the Finals. As long as Stoudemire stays healthy, he'll be the difference against Dallas in the Western Finals.

I think the combined efforts of Jet and Harris can come close to negating Nash, but I think Phoenix wins because they'll have more weapons to work with that can score around the basket.