PDA

View Full Version : As Much As I Do Not Like The Longhorns!!

pirateman98
03-15-2007, 11:05 PM
When ever they play anyone other than A&M, I will cheer them on. I just want to see the State of Texas be represented well.

GO AGGIES!!
GO Longhorns!!

Do Texas proud.

Adidas410s
03-16-2007, 12:37 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

bobcat1
03-16-2007, 04:46 AM
I pull for any team Mack Brown:mad: doesn't coach at Texas. When they can him, I will pull for the football team again, but absolutely not until then. :foul:

injuredinmelee
03-16-2007, 06:26 AM
(cant wait to hear this explanation)... and why is it you hate Mack Brown?

bobcat1
03-16-2007, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
(cant wait to hear this explanation)... and why is it you hate Mack Brown? One Major reason is all. His handling of the Applewhite/Simms deal was wrong and there was no excuse for it.

Hansum Stranger
03-16-2007, 07:10 AM
Hopefully UT A&M and UNT can make Texas proud. We all know TT couldn't.

bobcat1
03-16-2007, 07:47 AM
That's 2

Phil C
03-16-2007, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
One Major reason is all. His handling of the Applewhite/Simms deal was wrong and there was no excuse for it.

GET OVER YOUR GRUDGE! WE WON A NC!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

LH Panther Mom
03-16-2007, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

:mad: :mad: :mad: Not with Applewhite or Sims. ;) People aren't required to "like" UT or Mack Brown because of a NC. Shocking, I know. :eek:

mwynn05
03-16-2007, 08:06 AM
your forgetting two teams....

bobcat1
03-16-2007, 08:10 AM

:mad: :mad: :mad: Who cares about a NC. What about character Dr. Phil? Show some compassion!

injuredinmelee
03-16-2007, 08:15 AM
I am the biggest Applewhite fan in the world. Hell i named my son Major, but in Macks defense. Simms had the tools to be three times the QB that Major was. Truth be told he probably shouldnt have stuck with Simms as long as he did but I give him kudos for making a decision and sticking with it. I also believe that Mack learned from that episode of his career in how he handled the McCoy/quitterboyafraidofcompetitionandwantsarosterspotha ndedtohim from Stephenville duel last fall.

injuredinmelee
03-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Major was the kind of person you admire for accomplishing what he did with the limited tools he had physically. Applewhite has a sharp sharp sharp mind and its just too bad that Simms didnt.

LH Panther Mom
03-16-2007, 08:25 AM
I am the biggest Applewhite fan in the world. Hell i named my son Major, but in Macks defense. Simms had the tools to be three times the QB that Major was. Truth be told he probably shouldnt have stuck with Simms as long as he did but I give him kudos for making a decision and sticking with it. I also believe that Mack learned from that episode of his career in how he handled the McCoy/ quitterboyafraidofcompetitionandwantsarosterspotha
ndedtohim from Stephenville duel last fall.
He stuck with his decision until Simms stunk it up against Colorado (wasn't it?), then put Applewhite in to save the day. And strictly my opinion, but I don't think he learned it until the VY/Chance Mock timeframe. ;)

injuredinmelee
03-16-2007, 09:07 AM
The VY/Chance thing was an easy decision on who had the tools to get you to the top. Simms had the tools, Applewhite had the know how and the heart of a lion.

Txbroadcaster
03-16-2007, 09:14 AM
If you hate Brown for how he handled the Simm/Applewhite decision...Then you got to hate Landry for how he handled the Staubach/Morton decision or the White/Hogeboom decision.

Actually Landry could NOT make a decision..at least Mack Brown stood by his choice

And for the record Simms was hurt agianst Colorado and that was why Applewhite replaced him.

It is not like Simms was a terrible QB while Applewhite could do no wrong, even though that is the perception people have now.

LH Panther Mom
03-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
If you hate Brown for how he handled the Simm/Applewhite decision...Then you got to hate Landry for how he handled the Staubach/Morton decision or the White/Hogeboom decision.

Actually Landry could NOT make a decision..at least Mack Brown stood by his choice

And for the record Simms was hurt agianst Colorado and that was why Applewhite replaced him.

It is not like Simms was a terrible QB while Applewhite could do no wrong, even though that is the perception people have now. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. Coaches have to make these types of decisions every single season, and generally more than once. It has to be what's best for the team overall, not who the "favorite" is.

Hogeboom.... :hairpunk:

bobcat1
03-16-2007, 09:25 AM
The VY/Chance thing was an easy decision on who had the tools to get you to the top. Simms had the tools, Applewhite had the know how and the heart of a lion. So which one would you rather lead your team if you were a coach? ZACTLY!

bobcat1
03-16-2007, 09:28 AM

It is not like Simms was a terrible QB while Applewhite could do no wrong, even though that is the perception people have now. Landry's decision was educated. Brown's was money motivated. Simms sucked and still does. Major was a player with Heart! The team played better for him, didn't they? I guess you would want a stupid athlete over a smart player that had heart. I guess you never played with kids that lacked skills but made up in heart and smarts what they lacked. :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
03-16-2007, 09:28 AM
So which one would you rather lead your team if you were a coach? ZACTLY!

Well seeing as Simms and Applewhite had almost identical records as far as wins to losses it is a wash. Again Simms put up amazing numbers..BUT that was expected of him. Applewhite comes out of nowhere so anything good he does is vaulted to legendary status.

bobcat1
03-16-2007, 09:32 AM
So you would bench a senior Leader in favor of a NFL ex QB's son that really had done nothing for you yet?
My opinion is different than yours. Sorry this thread got Hijacked. GO State of Texas teams in basketball!

Txbroadcaster
03-16-2007, 09:40 AM
So you would bench a senior Leader in favor of a NFL ex QB's son that really had done nothing for you yet?

Applewhite was coming off of a knee injury and was exposed very badly in the Cotton Bowl. Simms had a great spring and had great physical tools. Mack Brown played who he thought was best and some feel it did not work out.

I dont think with Applewhite at QB in 2001 things change greatly. It is not like we can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that Texas wins a NC with Applewhite.

Again I LOVED Major..but he has become so overrated in the eyes of a lot of people because of the QB controversy

BuffyMars
03-16-2007, 09:42 AM
I hated Simms! :rolleyes: :hand:

Txbroadcaster
03-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
I hated Simms! :rolleyes: :hand:

Oh he frustrated me as well..But so did Major in games like the loss to NC State, or the loss to Stanford.

IMO I would have stuck with Applewhite..BUT I am not going to act like Brown made such a terrible decision after the fact. He did what he thought was right for the team.

BuffyMars
03-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Oh he frustrated me as well..But so did Major in games like the loss to NC State, or the loss to Stanford.

IMO I would have stuck with Applewhite..BUT I am not going to act like Brown made such a terrible decision after the fact. He did what he thought was right for the team.

I didn't really care for Applewhite either. I probably should have mentioned that, lol.

Phil C
03-16-2007, 09:46 AM
bob why don't you like Coach Brown.

Txbroadcaster
03-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
I didn't really care for Applewhite either. I probably should have mentioned that, lol.

Your just a Vince fanboy errr fangirl

BuffyMars
03-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Your just a Vince fanboy errr fangirl

Don't get me wrong, I love Vince. I just thought that was a crappy time for Texas as far as QB's go. I can't help but remember a loss to Colorado in the Big XII Championship. It still haunts me. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Those boys were vastly overrated, IMO.

bobcat1
03-16-2007, 02:08 PM
bob why don't you like Coach Brown. Lack of character in throwing away Applewhite in his senior year. Why do you ask Two Dogs?

Txbroadcaster
03-16-2007, 02:13 PM
Lack of character in throwing away Applewhite in his senior year. Why do you ask Two Dogs?

How is it lack of character?

bobcat1
03-16-2007, 02:15 PM
He did what big money made him do, start Phil Simm's baby boy.

Txbroadcaster
03-16-2007, 02:17 PM
He did what big money made him do, start Phil Simm's baby boy.

All depends on what rumors to believe

bobcat1
03-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

pirateman98
03-16-2007, 05:16 PM
This wasn't where I thought this thread was going to go!! :D

Emerson1
03-16-2007, 05:43 PM
How is it lack of character?
Lack of character by still honoring an offer to a player who can never again play the sport of football.

bobcat1
03-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Lack of character by still honoring an offer to a player who can never again play the sport of football.
Right, that is PR and that scholarship will be paid for with sweat and work. We agree again Emerson!:p