PDA

View Full Version : Stray cats enter home, attack women, boy

TexasHSFootball
03-15-2007, 03:13 PM
NORTH PLATTE, Neb. - Two stray cats attacked three people after they got into a house in North Platte. "I thought I had seen it all, but I have never seen anything like this," Chief of Police Martin Gutschenritter said Tuesday. A call for help Monday took animal control officer John Pettit to the home of Melissa Breva, Gutschenritter said. Breva told Pettit she had captured two cats in a bedroom.

"She said the cats had gotten into the house when the front door was open," Gutschenritter said, then attacked two women who were visiting Breva.

One, Wendy Holliday, suffered scratches, the chief said, and she was bitten on both ankles, both knees and on her left calf.

"She told the officer it happened when the two cats entered the residence and attacked her for no reason," Gutschenritter said.

The other woman, Rebecca Cheever, was bitten on the right calf.

After talking to the women, Pettit went to his truck for snares — his "cat catchers."

Then he heard screaming from inside the house.

"When he ran back, he saw a young male with blood over his face," Gutschenritter said.

The cats had attacked a boy who had opened the bedroom door.

"He was bitten on his forehead, nose, left ear and right cheek," the chief said.

After some first aid from Pettit, the three were taken to Great Plains Regional Medical Center for more treatment.

When investigator John Stadler arrived and opened the bedroom door, "he saw a gray and white cat baring its teeth in attack mode," Gutschenritter said. "He shut the bedroom door and returned to his car for a dart gun."

Both cats were shot, tranquilized and taken to the animal shelter, where they were euthanized.

The bodies were sent to Lincoln for rabies checks, Gutschenritter said.

Authorities want to find out who owned the cats.

Under city ordinance, cats may run free if they don't become nuisances.

"I'm on the animal commission, and we've never seen anything like this," Gutschenritter said. "We have dealt with dog bites, but we've never had one with a cat."

JJ7997
03-15-2007, 03:27 PM
More proof that cats are simply the epitome of evil.

pirate4state
03-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
More proof that cats are simply the epitome of evil. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Txbroadcaster
03-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
More proof that cats are simply the epitome of evil.

While I love both Cats and Dogs..I think it is safe to say there are more attacks from dogs each year than cats

pirate4state
03-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
While I love both Cats and Dogs..I think it is safe to say there are more attacks from dogs each year than cats That is probably true, but it doesn't change the fact that JJ & I think cats are evil. :)

AP Panther Fan
03-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Strange...now I am going to wonder about "the rest of the story"...

Reading it just reminded of a nightmare I had last night where our cat was eating the hamster....funny how I didn't remember the nightmare until I read your story...the mind works in mysterious ways.:cool:

BuffyMars
03-15-2007, 03:34 PM
An angel.

http://a39.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/37/m_6c7f9ce147acea9827a31fd1fa5658fe.jpg

JJ7997
03-15-2007, 03:48 PM
You may think so, but if you could just read that beasts mind...

That cats had a hamster or two in its time !

JJ7997
03-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
An angel.

http://a39.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/37/m_6c7f9ce147acea9827a31fd1fa5658fe.jpg

" I'm hungry you lowly human, feed me now !"

BuffyMars
03-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Nope, not this cat. She lives to spend every waking moment with me. She never had a litter but every stray we take in she just takes them under her wing and takes care of them.

She is a sweetheart! :inlove:

piratebg
03-15-2007, 03:58 PM
I have two cats that are afraid of their own shadow. Hell, I can't even get them to take out the bird that chirps by my window at 5am every freakin morning. :mad:

JJ7997
03-15-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Nope, not this cat. She lives to spend every waking moment with me. She never had a litter but every stray we take in she just takes them under her wing and takes care of them.

She is a sweetheart! :inlove:

Keeps em' warm in the winter and shady in the summer !

AP Panther Fan
03-15-2007, 04:06 PM
We adopted a stray cat from the harbor right before Christmas...up until two weeks ago, the cat had not figured out we had a hamster...

When it did finally figure it out, it was relentless in getting to the hamster to the point that I had to adopt the hamster out last week (for it's own safety).

I bet you didn't know that a hamster can scream! I woke up before 6:00 one morning because the cat had knocked the hamster cage over and had it in it's mouth.:eek: I screamed at the cat and scared it so bad that it dropped the hamster, but then we spent an hour trying to find the hamster.....

now you know why I have cat/hamster nightmares....:nerd: :D