PDA

View Full Version : Argh!

pirate4state
03-15-2007, 10:20 AM
I keep losing my internet connection!!! :weeping: It is really pissing me off. :mad: I called AT&T and all "John" :rolleyes: could tell me is that there are outages in our area and that there is no set time when the problem will be fixed. So, I ask why the Chamber next door or even out at my house aren't having any problems staying logged on, if there is an "outage" in my area? His response - will they have different lines. My response, no chit sherlock - so don't you think maybe there is something wrong with my phone line - maybe someone needs to come out and check it out?? ARGH! :mad: I was so pissed off that I hung up on him.

What am I missing here?? Besides a steady internet connection??

:hairpunk:

Gobbla2001
03-15-2007, 10:22 AM
be nice to john, he just works there and reads the script...

CHS_CG
03-15-2007, 10:23 AM
lol looks like RM put the curse on u today!

LH Panther Mom
03-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Well "technically", your line would be in "your" area and the Chamber's line would be in "their" area. :nerd: :nerd:

That stinks for you. :(

Ranger Mom
03-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
lol looks like RM put the curse on u today!

My boss is PISSED...he is the only one who can't get on the internet in our office today.

I am holding for a "techie" right now to see if he can walk me through it and get him up and going again.

Thank goodness I am taking off at lunch today!!

pirate4state
03-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well "technically", your line would be in "your" area and the Chamber's line would be in "their" area. :nerd: :nerd:

That stinks for you. :(

:tongue: I can reach out and touch them!! LMAO! I've timed it every 20 seconds, for 5 seconds I lose my internet connection. So annoying. I given up on YIM & AIM and I can't listen to my sirius radio. :weeping:

Ranger Mom
03-15-2007, 11:27 AM
We are all up and running smoothly now...I have no idea what I did, (I think it was just the "re-boot"), nonetheless, my boss just called me a genius!!:D :D :D

pirate4state
03-15-2007, 11:31 AM
I am still having connection problems. *sigh* It is very annoying when you are trying to download forms off the IRS site! :rolleyes:

Blastoderm55
03-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Which forms?

pirate4state
03-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Form 1023 - it is a 28 page form :crazy1: and the SS4 - that wasn't isn't so bad just 2 pages

Blastoderm55
03-15-2007, 11:42 AM
I'd offer to fax it to ya, but my fax has been acting stupid. I can try if you need it urgently.

pirate4state
03-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Thank you, but I don't need it ASAP. :) I've put it off all week - it can keep another day or four. :D

bobcat1
03-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
We are all up and running smoothly now...I have no idea what I did, (I think it was just the "re-boot"), nonetheless, my boss just called me a genius!!:D :D :D
I call my kid genius sometimes.:p :rolleyes:

AP Panther Fan
03-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I'd offer to fax it to ya, but my fax has been acting stupid. I can try if you need it urgently.

Look at how dependent we are on modern technology....you don't realize it until things go WRONG!:D

Blastoderm55
03-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Look at how dependent we are on modern technology....you don't realize it until things go WRONG!:D

Oh to go back to the days when we could trust a dove to deliver our important messages. :p

pirate4state
03-15-2007, 01:50 PM
wow - so I call AT&T again and after spending 3 minutes answering automated questions some "recording" comes on that tells me with all the new customers hold time could be longer than normal :rolleyes:

oh and btw your call could be monitored for quality purposes.

pirate4state
03-15-2007, 01:56 PM
I think I'd fall out of my chair if I ever got someone on the phone that speaks English!!!!!!

pirate4state
03-15-2007, 02:07 PM
:speech: :helpme: :bigcry: "please wait" "please wait" "please wait"

I'm on hold, again and that stupid phrase is on repeat! *pulling my hair out*

pirate4state
03-15-2007, 02:15 PM
"I really don't know what's going on with our network right now"

"Your line is not receiving the signal. I don't know why." "You need to call this # and ask them 'how my line is going to the central office?'" :mad:

WTH!!!!!!

So, now I have to call someone else. :bigcry:

pirate4state
03-15-2007, 02:17 PM
WELL THANK THE GOOD LORD FOR SMALL FAVORS!!!

CHRIS SPEAKS ENGLISH!!!! :D Things are looking up. :)

Bullaholic
03-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I think I'd fall out of my chair if I ever got someone on the phone that speaks English!!!!!!

Rita---you're missing a golden opportunity---start speaking Spanish to them at about the rate that the Cubans speak Spanish and wait til they get the Spanish interpreter on line and then go to perfect English. :D

pirate4state
03-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Rita---you're missing a golden opportunity---start speaking Spanish to them at about the rate that the Cubans speak Spanish and wait til they get the Spanish interpreter on line and then go to perfect English. :D

HAHA --- the only Spanish I can speak at the rate of a Cuban is to tell them where to go and what they could do to themselves when they get there!! :eek: :o

Chris, bless his heart, is already making me feel better!! :)

pirate4state
03-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Because I know you are all worried about my internet issues, I wanted to let you know that after all that a technician will be coming out between the hours of 830A-4P to check out our line.

pirate4state
03-16-2007, 10:26 AM
:o

It turns out there is nothing wrong with our DSL line. My computer is dead. Some little card is not reading/holding the connection. Time for a new computer. :D

My boss will be so happy to hear the news on Monday!!!

Ranger Mom
03-16-2007, 10:33 AM
:o

It turns out there is nothing wrong with our DSL line. My computer is dead. Some little card is not reading/holding the connection. Time for a new computer. :D

My boss will be so happy to hear the news on Monday!!!

That is EXACTLY what happened to one of my bosses laptop. As a matter of fact, he just walked in the door, coming straight from Circuit City, with a brand new one!!

pirate4state
03-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That is EXACTLY what happened to one of my bosses laptop. As a matter of fact, he just walked in the door, coming straight from Circuit City, with a brand new one!!

Well, I have a sneaking suspension that the new computer will be for his office and I'll get his computer. :weeping: :mad:

Blastoderm55
03-16-2007, 11:43 AM
So you're getting a new computer because your NIC is fried. Crazy. :p

pirate4state
03-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
So you're getting a new computer because your NIC is fried. Crazy. :p

I'm sure the card can be replaced, but that computer is REALLY old. This will be the 3rd time we've had to replace/repair something on it. May as well buy a new one.

Blastoderm55
03-16-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm sure the card can be replaced, but that computer is REALLY old. This will be the 3rd time we've had to replace/repair something on it. May as well buy a new one.

Oh ok, then it makes perfect sense. :thumbsup:

pirate4state
03-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Yeah, this is the same one that had the USB ports fried not to long ago. :rolleyes: Before that something with the motherboard was screwed up and before that something with the fan? It just needs to go the way of the fax machine in Office Space. :D :evillol:

Blastoderm55
03-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Yeah, this is the same one that had the USB ports fried not to long ago. :rolleyes: Before that something with the motherboard was screwed up and before that something with the fan? It just needs to go the way of the fax machine in Office Space. :D :evillol:

PC Load Letter? What the **** does that mean?!?!