PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain something to me?

Maroon87
03-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Why do celebs (i.e. Madonna & Angelina Jolie) insist on adopting kids from 3rd world countries when there are plenty of orphans here in the U.S.?

On the other side of the coin, why does the media insist that we know about this?:thinking:

pirate4state
03-15-2007, 08:49 AM
First question - who knows? Maybe cause it's easier to adopt children from 3rd world countries than it is here?? :confused:

Second questino - Same reason the media feels the need to tell us when some crazy girl shaves her head. :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
03-15-2007, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Second questino - Same reason the media feels the need to tell us when some crazy girl shaves her head. :rolleyes: And attacks a car with an umbrella..... :doh:

Ray_BearKat
03-15-2007, 08:50 AM
they're trying to be trendsetters...what sounds more exotic, adopting a kid from war torn Africa or one from Houston, Texas?

Its the new designer accessory for them I guess...

piratebg
03-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Why do celebs (i.e. Madonna & Angelina Jolie) insist on adopting kids from 3rd world countries when there are plenty of orphans here in the U.S.?

Because until interplanetary adoption exists, this is the closest thing they will have to adopting an alien. This is probably why the aliens and UFOs don't stick around too long. They know if they do, their children will suffer the agony of a celebrity adoption.

GOFOR2
03-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87

On the other side of the coin, why does the media insist that we know about this?:thinking:

What's the tax break for adopting one from abroad? Is it any different for foreign orphans? Maybe they think foreign parents/relatives of these orphans are to dumb to come after them for money, unlike American parents/relatives. Who knows?

pirate44
03-15-2007, 11:26 AM
my two cents...
celebs will have less of a problem with birth parents in the future wanting $$. plus they get the incentive of having a multi racial family, which means they care about other races. and that is so pc.

GOFOR2
03-15-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
my two cents...
celebs will have less of a problem with birth parents in the future wanting $$. plus they get the incentive of having a multi racial family, which means they care about other races. and that is so pc.

I have to agree with you there. Kinda like "look at me, I care about other people other than myself, so dont hate me and buy more or my movies and CDs."

BuffyMars
03-15-2007, 11:29 AM
I have no problem with celebs taking in those kids. I think its wonderful! They get to grow in loving families who can provide for them, whereas if they were adopted over there they probably would not receive even 1/4 of what the celebs can provide for them.

When you fall in love, you fall hard. I honestly believe she would adopt every child if she could.

Angelina is one of the few celebs out there who puts her fame to good use. I say more power to her! :thumbsup:

I wish more celebs would do it out of love rather than publicity.

GOFOR2
03-15-2007, 11:38 AM
maybe she is trying to share the love with children that she wishes she had when she was a child, without "disfiguring" her body by experiencing pregnancy and child birth.

GOFOR2
03-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
maybe she is trying to share the love with children that she wishes she had when she was a child, without "disfiguring" her body by experiencing pregnancy and child birth.

I'm just saying. I don't know.

pirate44
03-15-2007, 11:40 AM
like michael jackson, just different. he enjoys disfiguring his body.

Txbroadcaster
03-15-2007, 11:41 AM

Well she has one bio kid

GOFOR2
03-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Well she has one bio kid

She needs to have more if they are gonna turn out looking like her.

pirate4state
03-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Well she has one bio kid Are we really sure though? ;) :D It could have all been fake!!

pirate44
03-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Are we really sure though? ;) :D It could have all been fake!! :thinking:

Txbroadcaster
03-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Are we really sure though? ;) :D It could have all been fake!!

ok carter :D