PDA

View Full Version : American Idol junkies.. explain something...

TexasHSFootball
03-14-2007, 08:36 PM
How in the blue hell is Sanjaya still on American Idol? The twerp should have been gone in the first week of the Top 24!

crabman
03-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Check out the website www.votefortheworst.com That will explain it all. There are tens of thousands of people voting for pretty boy just because he sucks so bad. They like to screw up the show. He did get the second to the lowest total this week so next week should really be the end.

I don't know if you saw it tonight but his expression as he went back to the group was priceless. He had that "oh crap" look of dread knowing that he would have to do it all again next week.

Rabbit'93
03-14-2007, 09:16 PM
It's the hair

Gobbla2001
03-14-2007, 10:19 PM
this is one reason I hate the show... the majority of voters aren't voting to reward the greatest efforts and performances, they've either already chosen their favorite, or are just following some trend to vote for the horrible ones...

Freakin' William Hung or whoever got popular because he sucked...

I think it's cool and funny in a way, like it this were a "nicest smile" competition for a high school yearbook... but when it comes to one of these nobody's losing the shot of a lifetime because people purposely voted for the ones who sucked I think it's f'd up...

Sftball4Life
03-15-2007, 12:23 AM
The voting system will NEVER work until they change it. I don't even watch results night (except for the very last one). I just watch the performance night.

In my opinion, you should vote for who you think should go home and the two with the highest amounts of votes should get cut.

That's the best way I can think of to judge the talent and not make it a popularity contest. Not everybody agrees on who they think is best - but I think more people would agree on who they think is the worst each week.

Emerson1
03-15-2007, 01:02 AM
The read on that website about the auditions is interesting.

Ranger Mom
03-15-2007, 07:31 AM
I watch AI faithfully, but I don't vote. I do, however, have a 16 y/o niece who will text her vote in for the solid 2 hours.

Those little teeny-boppers have a big say who stays, IMO....and they think that Sanjaya is HOTT!! (I don't think he sings that well and is too "Michael Jackson-like" for me!)

I am with the judges though, Melinda and LaKisha are in a class of their own!

CHS_CG
03-15-2007, 08:12 AM
As soon as Brandon went home I picked up the phone and called Kellye (but she didnt answer lol) Honestly, Sanjaya is awful. He seems to be comfy when they are all preforming on stage on the result night but when hes alone he just cant do it. Brandon had an horrible preformance Tuesday night but there is no way in hell he shoulda gone home over Sanjaya!! I guess I am goin to have to start voting now. When it gets down to the end I have the house phone my cell phone and my moms cell phone voting for 2 hrs. Hell one night I kept track of how many votes I gave the 3 or 4 people that were good and it was like 100 each lol

burnet44
03-15-2007, 08:22 AM
I have quit watching it
trying to have a life
now if I can stop posting here

Ranger Mom
03-15-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
As soon as Brandon went home I picked up the phone and called Kellye (but she didnt answer lol)

Haha....I KNEW that was why you were calling.

I was at Lori's and she had it TIVO'd...we were eating and had only watched the first 10 minutes, there was no way I was going to answer the phone for fear you were going to blurt it out. At that point, they only had Brandon and Phil pulled down on the stage!!

I called you back when I left, but you didn't answer!:p

CHS_CG
03-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Haha....I KNEW that was why you were calling.

I was at Lori's and she had it TIVO'd...we were eating and had only watched the first 10 minutes, there was no way I was going to answer the phone for fear you were going to blurt it out. At that point, they only had Brandon and Phil pulled down on the stage!!

I called you back when I left, but you didn't answer!:p

haha yeah thats why I was calling, the first thing outta my mouth was gunna be "WTH WHY IS SANJAYA GETTIN TO STAY" lol I was pissed!

Ranger Mom
03-15-2007, 08:37 AM
haha yeah thats why I was calling, the first thing outta my mouth was gunna be "WTH WHY IS SANJAYA GETTIN TO STAY" lol I was pissed!

I figured....I heard my "downlower" ring and looked at my phone and saw your name.

I looked at the clock and it was 8:30...I told Lori, "That's Talena, and I'm sure she is calling about AI, I'm gonna have to call her back"!! :D

3afan
03-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
How in the blue hell is Sanjaya still on American Idol? The twerp should have been gone in the first week of the Top 24!

cause the producers want him/her on, thats why

do you really think the public decides who stays and who goes?

Txbroadcaster
03-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
cause the producers want him/her on, thats why

do you really think the public decides who stays and who goes?

Yep I do, because Jennifer Hudson would not have left when she did.

Also WHY would they want him to stay? If the longer he stays alive the more it hurts the show IMO

BuffyMars
03-15-2007, 09:39 AM
People are retarded thats why. Or just deaf and blind, I havn't decided.

AP Panther Fan
03-15-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Sftball4Life
The voting system will NEVER work until they change it. I don't even watch results night (except for the very last one). I just watch the performance night.

In my opinion, you should vote for who you think should go home and the two with the highest amounts of votes should get cut.

That's the best way I can think of to judge the talent and not make it a popularity contest. Not everybody agrees on who they think is best - but I think more people would agree on who they think is the worst each week.

You know, I think you are absolutely right! I said the same thing last season, you should be able to vote the worst off rather than "splitting votes" among the better performers.

duckbutter
03-15-2007, 09:57 AM
You can all vote how you want but i'm voting for Haley, that girl is HOT!

CHS_CG
03-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by duckbutter
You can all vote how you want but i'm voting for Haley, that girl is HOT!

that is exactly why the system doesnt work.. haley might be pretty but she is not as good as some of the others. This isnt a show to find the hottest singer its a show to find the best singer.

Gobbla2001
03-15-2007, 10:10 AM
But at the same time... aren't the idols of most Americans talented and very beautiful at the same time?

but if you're not talented yet you're still hot, get outta here...

it'd never work, but I'd like to see a true singer/sonwriter version of Allen Iverson...

Ranger Mom
03-15-2007, 10:16 AM
In no way did I think Taylor Hicks was the most talented or anywhere near the hottest last season.

That honor was 100% Chris Daughtry's:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: .....anyway, my personal favorite may not always be the most talented, so if I voted, I would always vote for my favorite.

CHS_CG
03-15-2007, 10:19 AM
In no way did I think Taylor Hicks was the most talented or anywhere near the hottest last season.

That honor was 100% Chris Daughtry's:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: .....anyway, my personal favorite may not always be the most talented, so if I voted, I would always vote for my favorite.

Chris was by far the best last year.. it just so happened that he is one sexy man too! Taylor was fun and carefree but he isnt that talented.

AP Panther Fan
03-15-2007, 10:24 AM

I agree regarding the Taylor Hicks statement and the fact that Chris Daughtry was much more talented (not to mention his good looks)...so in this case, your personal favorite should have been the rightful winner.

I don't know, but it is definitely "all messed up"....:(

I need to look around on the internet... I heard that the goofball, Howard Sterns, was encouraging all of his listeners to vote for Sanjaya...:rolleyes:

CHS_CG
03-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
[B

I need to look around on the internet... I heard that the goofball, Howard Sterns, was encouraging all of his listeners to vote for Sanjaya...:rolleyes: [/B]

goofball wouldnt have been my first choice of words but since we are on the dl.. it works:inlove:

Blastoderm55
03-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Need to limit the votes to 5 per line like they do with Dancing With The Stars.

AP Panther Fan
03-15-2007, 10:31 AM
goofball wouldnt have been my first choice of words but since we are on the dl.. it works:inlove:

lol...it is hard to come up with words that are befitting a man of his stature...

but you're right, goofball is extremely kind...:D

Gobbla2001
03-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Howard Stern

isn't that Anna Nicole's Baby's Daddy?

CHS_CG
03-15-2007, 10:39 AM
no the other howard stern anna's baby daddy is howard K stern