PDA

View Full Version : Should the 'boys trade Jones?

kepdawg
03-14-2007, 08:13 PM
There are reports, which Jerry has denied, that the 'boys are shopping Jones. He will be a free agent at the end of the season. Would you make a trade?

Emerson1
03-14-2007, 08:23 PM
I don't see why they would. Unless he is unhappy that he has to split carries, but any RB that comes here will likely give up alot of redzone stuff to Marion Barber.

ILS1
03-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Heck, the Bears traded his brother Thomas Jones why not Julius. Thomas was more productive and played on a team that won the NFC!!!!

:(

KTA
03-14-2007, 08:26 PM
I say yes. Lets give barber a shot to carry the load. Jones is injury prone, and next year is a unrestricted free agent, so he could leave us empty handed. And lets just say we do keep him hes going to want some better money (that hes not worth, and hasnt earned) next year, the same year we have to resign Romo, and T.Newman. Lets get rid of him now while we can and get what we can while we can.

Macarthur
03-14-2007, 08:30 PM
As with everything, it depends on what you can get for him.

I think Barber could platoon with Tyson Thompson and we might get even more productivity. Thompson actually has more speed than JJ. I would give him away, but if you could get a 2nd or a high 3rd, I would do it.

Keith7
03-14-2007, 08:31 PM
the cowgirls need a new running back, Jones is inconsistent, and Barber is unproven for more then 10 carries..

Emerson1
03-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
the cowgirls need a new running back, Jones is inconsistent, and Barber is unproven for more then 10 carries..
That is why they need jones or another back that can carry the load. Cowboys use a 2 back system which you really have to have now in the NFL.

They should draft Ramonce Taylor. I did in my franchise and he was an 88 right of out college:)

Macarthur
03-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

I don't think Barber is "unproven". I think we know exactly what he is. He is a good short yardage and goal line guy. He is a good changup guy for 10-12 carries a game. Nothing wrong with that.

And Emerson1 is right; team are trending away from the one back to carry the load type of RB.

injuredinmelee
03-14-2007, 08:53 PM
maybe he can make a trade to get up high enough to take Adrian Peterson.

Emerson1
03-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
maybe he can make a trade to get up high enough to take Adrian Peterson.
That wouldn't solve anything. They would just be trading a 4 year injury prone running back for a rookie injury prone running back.

injuredinmelee
03-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
That wouldn't solve anything. They would just be trading a 4 year injury prone running back for a rookie injury prone running back.

I hate Ou and everyting about it but its hard to deny the talent of A.D.

Macarthur
03-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I hate Ou and everyting about it but its hard to deny the talent of A.D.

IM is right. AD is a pretty special back.

And I don't buy the injury prone thing. He had one ankle injury and a freak accident on the collarbone. Had he not had the collarbone, I don't think anyone would give much thought to him being injury prone.

injuredinmelee
03-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
IM is right. AD is a pretty special back.

And I don't buy the injury prone thing. He had one ankle injury and a freak accident on the collarbone. Had he not had the collarbone, I don't think anyone would give much thought to him being injury prone.

I think the Heisman was his if he doesnt break it.

bobcat1
03-15-2007, 05:38 AM
I don't think Jones is the guy we need. I don't know that we could ever get Peterson. He is special as previously stated. What about the guy from Louisville? Michael Bush could be around in the 2nd and could be a steal. He is like 6'1 255 lbs. and can run and cut. He can catch the ball out of the backfield too.

"Bush has an exceedingly rare combination of skills at running back: he's big, powerful, quick, and has tremendous vision for the hole. Add that to a nose for the endzone and soft hands out of the backfield, and you've got yourself a hell of a prospect. He has the power to bowl over linebackers, and the speed and acceleration to run by many safeties in the NFL.

Bush is, as already stated, a rare prospect. The only thing holding him out of a top-20 draft status is the injury. If he has a strong Combine and shows he's healthy and ready to go, his status hits the “elite” level again. If not, he'll slip through the cracks, possibly as low as the late-second, or even the early-to-mid third. However, a team that gets him that late will very likely wind up with a steal on their hands down the line."
Link (http://football.about.com/od/nflplayerprofiles/p/michaelbush.htm)

piratebg
03-15-2007, 07:52 AM
I like the combination they have right now. Is there room to improve? Yes, but they have worse problems in other positions right now. The secondary and the the D-line come to mind.