PDA

View Full Version : Celina standaround looking good so far

BILLYFRED0000
03-14-2007, 02:43 PM
The boys of baseball (several fb'ers play on the team) are looking good with a 11-0 start and the ability to play both big and small ball. Good pitching staff with .67 era from the number one spot.
I was hoping they would win it all last year and they were close but it looks like this year will be good. 3a baseball is better tho.
I likes to see'em do well.

pirate4state
03-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Your signature cracks me everytime I see it and makes me want to watch The Grail. LOL!

BILLYFRED0000
03-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Your signature cracks me everytime I see it and makes me want to watch The Grail. LOL!

Yes I love Monty Python. Still some of the best stuff out there.
I have a bunch of picks quotes and wave sounds from them.

pirate4state
03-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Yes I love Monty Python. Still some of the best stuff out there.
I have a bunch of picks quotes and wave sounds from them. LOL. You can start a thread. Sorry to hijack your thread about baseball.

I'm curious as to how the Lady Bobcats will fare in softball. I saw them play in Austin last year.

bobcat1
03-14-2007, 05:06 PM
We probably ain't played anybody in Stand Around either.........:rolleyes:

GWOOD
03-15-2007, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
The boys of baseball (several fb'ers play on the team) are looking good with a 11-0 start and the ability to play both big and small ball. Good pitching staff with .67 era from the number one spot.
I was hoping they would win it all last year and they were close but it looks like this year will be good. 3a baseball is better tho.
I likes to see'em do well.

2-0 start in district as well. Looks to be the favorite now that Van Alstyne has tanked. But Prosper has done well so far. Your game with Pilot Point this Friday could be for the district lead.

Billy Fred, have you seen them play? This Friday would be a good one to see and you can give us a first hand report.

bobcat1
03-15-2007, 08:34 AM
GWood, if he doesn't I might make that game. I'll do what I can. I watched them once this year so far and they are pretty salty. May be better than last year. They played Brock pretty tough and Brock went on and got the ring.

LH Panther Mom
03-15-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
We probably ain't played anybody in Stand Around either.........:rolleyes: At least you admit it. :p ;)

bobcat1
03-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
At least you admit it. :p ;) I know, right?:D

GWOOD
03-15-2007, 09:21 AM
GWood, if he doesn't I might make that game. I'll do what I can. I watched them once this year so far and they are pretty salty. May be better than last year. They played Brock pretty tough and Brock went on and got the ring.

That would be great. Is the #1 pitcher Chase Willard? I know he was pretty good last year.

9-3A will be pretty interesting this year. Princeton and Prosper are winning. Pilot Point has been great at times and not so great other times. I don't know what Van Alstyne's problems are but if they get them fixed they will cause some trouble.

bobcat1
03-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
That would be great. Is the #1 pitcher Chase Willard? I know he was pretty good last year.

9-3A will be pretty interesting this year. Princeton and Prosper are winning. Pilot Point has been great at times and not so great other times. I don't know what Van Alstyne's problems are but if they get them fixed they will cause some trouble.

No, we have this 6'6" kid that moved back during football. He can really pitch. Chase is real good but I think he may be 2-3 on the depth chart. The 6'6 kid can really bring it.

pirate4state
03-15-2007, 10:26 AM
We probably ain't played anybody in Stand Around either.........:rolleyes: Does this mean ya'll have been playing with yourselves all this time?? :eek: :D

bobcat1
03-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Does this mean ya'll have been playing with yourselves all this time?? :eek: :D Not in Celina!:D ;)

BILLYFRED0000
03-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
2-0 start in district as well. Looks to be the favorite now that Van Alstyne has tanked. But Prosper has done well so far. Your game with Pilot Point this Friday could be for the district lead.

Billy Fred, have you seen them play? This Friday would be a good one to see and you can give us a first hand report.

They look good. Good bats and good fundamentals. Defense is decent and outfield speed is above average. Overall maybe better than last year's team. Hard to say yet tho. I don't know if the teams we have been playing are that bad or we are that good. You always get a better read later in the season. They can definetly manufacture runs when they need to. They have a 1 - 0 game this year when they were outhit 3 to 2. Pitching is very good. .67 era from top spot. The number 2 and 3 guys are good too. I thought the 1 - 0 win over Princeton was impressive because it was small ball and fundamentals. Last night they scored 12 runs.

turbostud
03-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

BILLYFRED0000
03-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you! http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_sounds/hg/repress.wav

bobcat1
03-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Man what a game. We had a couple of 2 out errors that resulted in a run and then a 2 out 3 run homer on a ball hung up in the strike zone. Chase Willard pitched a heck of a game nonetheless. They lead 4-0 in the 5th. We score 2 on errors and a hit. On to the 7th. Lead off batter beats out a grounder to short. Then we get a base knock. Runners at 1st and 2nd. Sac bunt and a good one. Double scores 2. 4-4 now. Runner at second. Base hit. Runners at the corners. Intentional walk. 1 out. Deep fly ball and BALL GAME!!!!!! Wow what a game and I enjoyed it a lot. It was exciting. I had forgotten how much I loved the game as a kid. All my boys played but we weren't very good at it.

These Cats can play!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Keith7
03-16-2007, 07:17 PM
I remember when I pitched a complete game win against Celina my senior year when you guys were ranked #6 in the state.. what a upset

kepdawg
03-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I remember when I pitched a complete game win against Celina my senior year when you guys were ranked #6 in the state.. what a upset

Sounds like somebody wants a cookie? :rolleyes:

bobcat1
03-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I remember when I pitched a complete game win against Celina my senior year when you guys were ranked #6 in the state.. what a upset Awesome Keith. What school did you pitch for? Memories like that stay with you forever.:clap:

BILLYFRED0000
03-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Man what a game. We had a couple of 2 out errors that resulted in a run and then a 2 out 3 run homer on a ball hung up in the strike zone. Chase Willard pitched a heck of a game nonetheless. They lead 4-0 in the 5th. We score 2 on errors and a hit. On to the 7th. Lead off batter beats out a grounder to short. Then we get a base knock. Runners at 1st and 2nd. Sac bunt and a good one. Double scores 2. 4-4 now. Runner at second. Base hit. Runners at the corners. Intentional walk. 1 out. Deep fly ball and BALL GAME!!!!!! Wow what a game and I enjoyed it a lot. It was exciting. I had forgotten how much I loved the game as a kid. All my boys played but we weren't very good at it.

These Cats can play!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes sir, thanks for the update Bobcat1. These boys never quit and that is what I love about them.