PDA

View Full Version : AI Report Card

BuffyMars
03-14-2007, 11:53 AM
I am really close to not watching the rest of this season. I mainly watch it because nothing else is on Tuesdays...but I do watch.

Based on the crappy performaces of last night. Here is what I had to say and Terry already heard it loud and clear:

Brandon Rogers:

It was bleh! Nothing special about it. It was pitchy and he even squeaked during one of his high notes. Sadly, I see why he has always been a backup singer because he can't dance and he doesn't know how to woo an audience even with the uniqueness of his voice.

He needs to go...eventually.

Melinda Doolittle:

I like her. Her voice is amazing, the song was bleh! I don't care for that style of music. Its too motowny for my taste. It needed some revamping, but she did well anyway. She could sing a song about brushing her teeth using toilet bowl water and it would still sound good. My only knock is she is too old school for todays pop world.

She needs to stay. AI Winner contender.

Chris Sligh:

Eh....Great personality. Too much vibrato in his voice. He picks bad songs. And although I liked the arrangement of his song last night (it did sound like Coldplay) the singing did not match. I don't know why he went w/o the glasses. They really do complete his image, and I am not sure what he was trying to accomplish with that move....I think we need to really see what Chris Sligh's style is before its too late...

He needs to eventually go.

Gina Glocksen:

I like they have a semi "female rocker" on the show, because honestly I don't even listen to pop music. I couldn't tell you more than 3 songs from all AI winners..but I still watch the show. (I am a closet singer!) ANd just because she has red in her hair doesn't make her a rocker. However, she screams too much when she sings. I think she has potential but...not enough to win the show. SHe needs to hurry up and do something.

She eventually needs to go.

Sanjaya Malakar:

Are people crazy? Are there that many teenyboppers out there that can carry him this far? I will say he can sing. HOWEVER, he is the WORST performer I have ever seen. He looks like a wooden spoon trying to dance on stage. He doesn't know how to belt. And in this competition that is huge. He is only 17, and in time with A LOT more practice I think he could possibly be something. But until he knows how to turn loose....he ain't gonna cut it.

He needs to go like a month ago.

Haley Scarnato:

Quit your crying, and suck it up. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. She usually picks songs that are out of her league that tend to make her look like she is trying to hard. She has an ok voice, but I won't remember her once this show is over. She is completely forgettable.

She needs to go asap.

Phil Stacey:

Is it just me or is this guy creepy? Grow back the hair dude. You look like a cancer patient! His voice is....ehhh....decent....karaoke? I don't like him. I don't like his style...oh wait...you have to have style first. I don't like his song choices, I don't like his voice. When he sings I want to change the channel. I just don't get what people see in him. When this show is over I will go oh yeah, I remember that guy! He is the one that drove me nuts!

He needs to go asap.

Lakisha Jones:

Duh. She is phenomenal. She is a powerhouse. If people are smart they will keep her. She gives me chills much like Fantasia did.

She needs to stay. AI Winner contender.

Blake Lewis:

I like this guy. He's got style and he reeks Pop! I think he has some serious potential to be a big star. He is definitely unique as far as past Idols go. I just hope people will vote for him because he is up against 3 powerhouses.

He needs to stay. I wish he could be an AI winner contender.

Stephanie Edwards:

This girl can sing. Sadly the judges compare her too much to Beyonce which takes away from her originality. In my opinion she is another powerhouse and should definitely be in this competition. No matter what she will be a star. She just needs to pick better songs to show that!

She needs to stay. She will go much like Jennifer Hudson did.

Chris Richardson:

I guess people don't hear what I do. This boy is completely nasal. And he reminds me of the kid from Backstreet Boys...uh...Nick Carter. Yeah. The bad singer of that group. Look what he is doing now. I get so annoyed everytime I hear him sing! I loved that Simon finally last night said his performace was horrible because I have been saying that from day 1! He might make one album and then never to be heard from again.

He needs to go asap!

Jordin Sparks:

I am not all that impressed with her. She can sing, I will give her that. But when I hear her sing, its so childlike. She is only 16 mind you, but she reminds me of when Christina was singing about Genies in Bottles and Britney was in school girl uni's and singing about Oopsie's. There is no oomph about her other than she can sing. I just get bored listening to her sing. I think she will have a career down the road, I just don't think she's ready to go up against these big girls!

She needs to eventually go.

BuffyMars
03-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Sorry, I am BBB!

Blastoderm55
03-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Sanjaya needs to go. Most others improved or were good enough last week to sustain them for another week, but Sanjaya just stinks. He performs like he doesn't even care. Sadly, he'll probably stay and we'll see Stephanie or Brandon leave. I'm not saying they won't eventually leave, but that kid's time was up weeks ago.

Melinda was incredible last night.

LaKisha wowed without overpowering us.

Jordin shocked me. She sang beautifully and got nostalgia points for singing the Land Before Time song.

Haley was surprising. Best performance to date.

Stephanie was pretty generic.

Gina was good, but not great. Much better performer than Hely or Stephanie.

The guys were all MEH. I wouldn't be surprised to see any one of them leave tonight. The ladies have them completely out-classed this season.

Txbroadcaster
03-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Wow nice recap for anyone who might have missed it..I agree with your views

Sadly the voters of America dont always see the talent

AP Panther Fan
03-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Sanjaya Malakar:

Are people crazy? Are there that many teenyboppers out there that can carry him this far? I will say he can sing. HOWEVER, he is the WORST performer I have ever seen. He looks like a wooden spoon trying to dance on stage. He doesn't know how to belt. And in this competition that is huge. He is only 17, and in time with A LOT more practice I think he could possibly be something. But until he knows how to turn loose....he ain't gonna cut it.

He needs to go like a month ago.

Isn't that the truth though! I really hadn't figured out who the heck was voting for him, but the teenybopper theory works for me.:D

Txbroadcaster
03-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Isn't that the truth though! I really hadn't figured out who the heck was voting for him, but the teenybopper theory works for me.:D

I honeslty think it is a combo of people feeling sad for him and the teenage girl vote

AP Panther Fan
03-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I honeslty think it is a combo of people feeling sad for him and the teenage girl vote

I honestly thought it was the convenience store/motel owners.... :eek:

did I say that?:eek:

CHS_CG
03-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

well the teenage girls are sick bc he is not cute at all... he got through when sundance didnt?!?!?!?! Seriously Sundance can sing, and is a much better preformer than Sanjaya. I liked Sundance since the first time I saw him sing lol. I honestly think Blake, Lakisha, Melinda and Gina will make it the farthest

Txbroadcaster
03-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
well the teenage girls are sick bc he is not cute at all... he got through when sundance didnt?!?!?!?! Seriously Sundance can sing, and is a much better preformer than Sanjaya. I liked Sundance since the first time I saw him sing lol. I honestly think Blake, Lakisha, Melinda and Gina will make it the farthest

I did not think Sundance was good either..I felt the judges were forcing him down ourr necks because he had a good day one auditoin.

He SUCKED in Hollywood and IMO should have NEVER got past that round

pirateman98
03-14-2007, 12:27 PM
I agree with all of your picks....except with what you say of Jordin Sparks. I think that girl is a top three contender and has an awesome voice. I have seen people get stronger as the competition goes and she could be one of those who do.

LH Panther Mom
03-14-2007, 12:28 PM

did I say that?:eek: :foul: :foul: Thanks for making me choke! :doh: :D

pirate4state
03-14-2007, 01:24 PM

did I say that?:eek:

I don't watch this show, but you crack me up!! :evillol:

44INAROW
03-14-2007, 01:38 PM
good recab Buffy - we watched last night inbetween the electricity going out due to lightning, but I think the only ones we missed was Chris and Sanjaya - Lakeisha looked stunning in that white dress...... Melinda was ok - I liked last week's song alot better. Blake was ok, but I am not a fan of the pop stuff......... he seemed to "get into" what he was singing though.. he enjoyed performing........ I'd like to see Gina do a Heart song........ she is not a pop artist......

APPF - you are too funny............

AP Panther Fan
03-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Here's another interesting Sanjaya theory....(taken from another message board)....

"As for Sanjaya, there can't possibly be that many tone deaf people in the world. His relatives must be in telemarketing and have put him on automatic vote."

44INAROW
03-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Here's another interesting Sanjaya theory....(taken from another message board)....

"As for Sanjaya, there can't possibly be that many tone deaf people in the world. His relatives must be in telemarketing and have put him on automatic vote."

that would be hysterical if it wasn't probably TRUE :p

Fotbol
03-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Hair

Gobbla2001
03-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Allen Iverson Sucks

Snyder_TigerFan
03-15-2007, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Allen Iverson Sucks

:clap: :clap: :clap: :D