PDA

View Full Version : Name some of the Top Restuarants you've eaten in lately.

Fotbol
03-14-2007, 10:48 AM
I must say I love to Eat and here is my tope 5 Restaurants I've eaten in in 07'
Sweet Georgia Browns (Dallas Texas Lancaster Rd)
Some of the Best Soul Food you will ever taste
Boudreaux's (Houston Based Restuarant only 4-6 Restuarants)
Some of the Best Seafood for the Money
Whup's Bar-B-Que (Marlin Texas Bennett St) The best Bar-B-Que in Central Texas
Cheddars(Anywhere Texas) A nice blend of spices and the chef's are great
La Fiesta's (Waco Texas Franklin st.) The best Mexican Resturant in Central Texas.

Ranger Mom
03-14-2007, 10:49 AM
WOW!! The last time I ate in a restuarant was on the way to the State Championship. We stopped at The Cracker Barrel in Abilene.

Fotbol
03-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
WOW!! The last time I ate in a restuarant was on the way to the State Championship. We stopped at The Cracker Barrel in Abilene. I had dinner there Sunday, I like the cornbread, and biscuits they bring out before the meal, but I wasn't impressed with the food.

Ranger Mom
03-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol
I had dinner there Sunday, I like the cornbread, and biscuits they bring out before the meal, but I wasn't impressed with the food.

I know I thought my meal was good, but for the life me, I don't remember what I ate!!

SintonFan
03-14-2007, 11:19 AM
WOW!! The last time I ate in a restuarant was on the way to the State Championship. We stopped at The Cracker Barrel in Abilene.
Cracker Barrel is good. But there are waaaaay to many crackers there.

carter08
03-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Baytown Seafood- West Columbia

piratebg
03-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Has anyone tried that new seafood place in Sinton yet? Just curious. :)

pirate44
03-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Has anyone tried that new seafood place in Sinton yet? Just curious. :)
really, where??

piratebg
03-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
really, where??

It's by Taqueria Leon, where the old Buster's Video Store(or Maverick Market if you can remember that far back) used to be.

AP Panther Fan
03-14-2007, 11:56 AM
I know I thought my meal was good, but for the life me, I don't remember what I ate!!

I always get the roast beast with mashed potatos and gravy... I am now officially hungry. :doh:

I just ate at Texas Roadhouse again the other day...one of my regular favorites.

pirate44
03-14-2007, 11:56 AM
It's by Taqueria Leon, where the old Buster's Video Store(or Maverick Market if you can remember that far back) used to be.
oh, i never go that way. i dont like trying brand new r3estaurants anyway. so ill wait a bit first.

CHS_CG
03-14-2007, 12:01 PM
I love to eat at Landry's but I havent ate there in like close to 3 years.. their food is sooo good!

piratebg
03-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I love to eat at Landry's but I havent ate there in like close to 3 years.. their food is sooo good!

Same here, but I haven't been there in almost 5 years. :D

CHS_CG
03-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Same here, but I haven't been there in almost 5 years. :D

The first time I ate there my bf(at the time) tried to get me to eat their Oysters Landry.. with their cheese sauce and crab meat... I didnt go as far to try to oysters but I did eat some crab meat which was delicious!

Heyoverthere
03-14-2007, 12:15 PM
i had the Bee Hive last night it was good:D

Gsquared
03-14-2007, 12:34 PM
III Forks
Al Biernatz's
Nates
Marys
Babes
Mitchell General Store Fish Fry
Daddy Jacks

Thats the last couple of months

IHStangFan
03-14-2007, 12:35 PM
only place I've eaten at lately was Salt Grass w/ BDR and Amanda this past weekend.

Bullaholic
03-14-2007, 12:47 PM
My perennial fav in the Metroplex:

Uncle Julio's in Ft. Worth. You can't go wrong with the "Plato Gordo" platter:

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/gordo.jpg

Gsquared
03-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
My perennial fav in the Metroplex:

Uncle Julio's in Ft. Worth. You can't go wrong with the "Plato Gordo" platter:

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/gordo.jpg
OMG, I could punish that Plato Gordo right now. Think thats where im gonna go Saturday night!!!

Bullaholic
03-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
OMG, I could punish that Plato Gordo right now. Think thats where im gonna go Saturday night!!!

There's beef and chicken fajita meat & veggies under that rack of ribs, G2. The downside is that it is always about an hour wait time on weekends.

Spray a lil' shaving cream around the skunk's mouth and let him stroll about for a couple of minutes and you'll have a seat in no time. :D

IHS Fan
03-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Monday night we ate at Water Street Oyster Bar in C.C. Pretty good food. Before that it was Barketts in Seadrift. They have the best soft-shelled crab i have ever eaten.

Bullaholic
03-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
Monday night we ate at Water Street Oyster Bar in C.C. Pretty good food. Before that it was Barketts in Seadrift. They have the best soft-shelled crab i have ever eaten.

Man, that really hurts. You can't find any soft shell crabs anywhere but the coastal areas. I used to love em' when I lived in New Orleans---especially on a po boy spread with lots of butter.

Gsquared
03-14-2007, 01:09 PM
There's beef and chicken fajita meat & veggies under that rack of ribs, G2. The downside is that it is always about an hour wait time on weekends.

Spray a lil' shaving cream around the skunk's mouth and let him stroll about for a couple of minutes and you'll have a seat in no time. :D
Ewww, wonder if they will take the veggies off the plate for me.

pirate4state
03-14-2007, 01:13 PM
There's beef and chicken fajita meat & veggies under that rack of ribs, G2. I was gonna say....you go to a Mexican restaurant to eat ribs??? :eek: :D

That is ALOT of food!! :eek: Whoa.

I wouldn't exactly call Golden Coral and Taq. Alcapulo "top restaurants" but those are the last 2 restaurants I've had dinner. LMAO!

Piratebg: I have not tried the new seafood place, but I've heard nothing but good things.

Bullaholic
03-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Ewww, wonder if they will take the veggies off the plate for me.

grilled onions, green peppers, and jalapenos?----put yours on my plate anytime---but just let me know for sure which ones you have bitten into already---I don't want that "vongo" you said you were fighting yesterday. :D

slpybear the bullfan
03-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Claimjumper in Fremont, CA
Hou Chou's in Fremont, CA...

...and another TBD tonight in Fremont, CA.

(Yes, I am ready for TEXAS!)

big daddy russ
03-15-2007, 01:02 AM
For seafood, Shells in Port Aransas. Best restaurant I've ever eaten at and quite possibly my favorite restaurant period... just ate there today for the first time in over a year.

For home cooking, either the old Floyd's Ranch House in Ingleside (the former owner died a few years back... nowhere near as good as it was in it's heyday) or the Brush Country Inn down in Riviera. OK, so I haven't eaten at either recently, but I had to throw them in there for memories. I'm back in SoTex for the week and it's all coming back. Best I've eaten at recently is probably the Country Inn over in Somerville.

For steaks, the Saltgrass. Like IHStangFan said, we ate there the other day. And I know it's a chain restaurant and I usually try to stay away from them, but dang are those steaks good.

For BBQ, McKenzie's in Huntsville. I used to be big on the Zion Baptist Church BBQ up there, but discovered McKenzie's poboys a few months back and haven't been back to Zion since. Have yet to try their ribs, but their sandwiches are just too good to pass up.

pirate44
03-15-2007, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
For seafood, Shells in Port Aransas. Best restaurant I've ever eaten at and quite possibly my favorite restaurant period...
:clap: i agree. to beat it, ya gotta go to vegas and eat at Emerils fish house.

piratebg
03-15-2007, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Piratebg: I have not tried the new seafood place, but I've heard nothing but good things.

Cool. I may stomach up the courage to try that place on tomorrow since I'm doing the whole "meatless Fridays" thing right now. :)

piratebg
03-31-2007, 11:27 AM
I finally tried that new seafood place in Sinton, Lotts of Seafood, and the food was good. The service sucked but the catfish was pretty darn good. :)

Diocletian
03-31-2007, 06:14 PM
I finally tried that new seafood place in Sinton, Lotts of Seafood, and the food was good. The service sucked but the catfish was pretty darn good. :)

well if it's better than Butter Churn i'll have to start going there when i'm in the area instead

Bull19
03-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Best I've eaten at recently is probably the Country Inn over in Somerville.
For BBQ, McKenzie's in Huntsville. :clap: TWO VERY EXCELLENT CHOICES. ESP. COUNTRY INN.

GreenGobbla
03-31-2007, 08:53 PM
we recently ate at the Kona Grill at the Domain in austin.

BreckTxLonghorn
03-31-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
we recently ate at the Kona Grill at the Domain in austin.

I heard service/atmosphere there was good, but the food wasn't spectacular. Your thoughts?

Some of my recent Austin eats:
--Manuels (downtown is best, but great hills is nice, too--GREAT drinks and reasonable food)
--Korea Garden (across from the Yellow Rose and looks like a shack from the outside, but amazing sushi)
--Red Robin (the decor annoys the hell out of me, but good burgers)
--Home Slice Pizza (wow)

GreenGobbla
03-31-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
I heard service/atmosphere there was good, but the food wasn't spectacular. Your thoughts?

Some of my recent Austin eats:
--Manuels (downtown is best, but great hills is nice, too--GREAT drinks and reasonable food)
--Korea Garden (across from the Yellow Rose and looks like a shack from the outside, but amazing sushi)
--Red Robin (the decor annoys the hell out of me, but good burgers)
--Home Slice Pizza (wow)

the service and the atmosphere there is great. the calamari made us sick, but all the other food was awesome.

i've been hearing about this place off cesar chavez called One in a Million. i havent been there, but am hoping to soon.

BreckTxLonghorn
03-31-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
the service and the atmosphere there is great. the calamari made us sick, but all the other food was awesome.

i've been hearing about this place off cesar chavez called One in a Million. i havent been there, but am hoping to soon.

Are you thinking of Juan in a Million? Cause you should go. That place is awesome.

JR2004
03-31-2007, 10:16 PM
I love eating at Abuelos...The first time I ate there was in 2001 out in Abilene when I dated a girl who went to ACU. Thank goodness I've now got an Abuelos just a couple of miles up the road from me in Plano to go to now!

burnet44
04-01-2007, 10:49 AM
zentners friday
fuentes sat

they were good
very good
in san Angelo

Antec
04-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Texas Roadhouse just opened last Monday outside of Rosenberg

Ate there on Saturday- foodf very overated

Had eaten at the one in Victoria a few years ago.

Just another chain place like Chili's etc

Service was good but beer was hot

g$$
04-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Lopez Restaurant (Mexican in Houston)

Good food & fair prices, off HWY 59 & Wilcrest.

3afan
04-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Kingsland Roadhouse Cafe, in Kingsland - very good!

MAP (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=&city=kingsland&state=tx&zipcode=)

sinton66
04-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Russ, you guys need to try the A&R Restaraunt in Odem one night. It's where the old Fergusons was. The chef is New orleans trained, and the food is really good. Steaks, Seafood, Mexican, all are good. The Railroad Seafood Station here is pretty good also, a bit pricy, but the food is good, especially the onion rings.

SwtwtrMstngs04
04-01-2007, 08:05 PM
The Ribb Doctor. Clarksville, Tennessee Wilma Rudolph Rd

big daddy russ
04-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Portabella's Italian in Corpus is awesome. Happened to run into 303apastplayer at the movies last night, wound up eating there afterwards. Some of the best Italian food I've had.

big daddy russ
04-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Russ, you guys need to try the A&R Restaraunt in Odem one night. It's where the old Fergusons was. The chef is New orleans trained, and the food is really good. Steaks, Seafood, Mexican, all are good. The Railroad Seafood Station here is pretty good also, a bit pricy, but the food is good, especially the onion rings.
I'll definitely check into the A&R. I've been meaning to try out a few other places when I'm down, too. My family was telling me about the Java Cafe in Rockport, said they have great sandwiches. The Hot Rod Cafe here in Ingleside is supposed to be good, too. Been promising myself I'd make it to one of the two since Christmas, still haven't been.

But thanks for the heads up, 66. If you've seen me lately, you'd know that I never turn down a meal. ;)

Fal44
04-07-2007, 10:48 PM
TGIF has some sweet burgers :D