PDA

View Full Version : District 24 AAA scrim report anyone Manor,Giddings,Elgin,Hutto,Lg

tigerSville_04
08-17-2002, 07:11 PM
can u tell me alil about the scrimming plz................

bigcat8
08-18-2002, 02:25 PM
Elgin and Luling ended 1-1. Steen for Luling was impressive as was Isom and Roberson for Elgin. Isom is freakin quick.Steen is powerful.

Chopblock
08-18-2002, 04:57 PM
Luling looks alot stronger than 1st thought.
Elgin on the other hand, had better find someone who can throw the ball. Isom is a running back being played at the QB spot.
IT will come back to haunt sometime in the season.
Roberson is a quality brusing back that will make a diffrence

tigerSville_04
08-18-2002, 05:35 PM
how about the D for Elgin?

bigcat8
08-18-2002, 06:19 PM
I thought Isom threw the ball well and is tremendously improved from 2001 in that category. The stacked I looks dangerous with him at QB. That offense hasn't haunted LaGrange down the road and they do not throw it much at all. Any suggestions at QB? Do you know their personnel???

Chopblock
08-18-2002, 09:11 PM
Elgin has a young QB I hope they bring along

Anderle can throw the ball

tigerSville_04
08-19-2002, 12:09 AM
last year he could throw the ball that good

OrangeBlood
08-19-2002, 08:40 AM
I saw Giddings scrimmage East Bernard on Saturday. They won 3 scores to 0, but didn't look extremely impressive. Their no huddle offense was effective at times, but they did seem to give up too many sacks even though East Bernard did not blitz much, if any the entire contest. I was very impressed with one of their quarterbacks....don't know his name, but he was a smaller black kid....this young man seemed that he could cause alot of problems for their opponets with his feet...On one play he sprinted out to the right and ran about 50 yards for a score...very good speed that can be used because they spread the defense with 4 wideouts pretty much the entire time...on defense they, at times, looked good against the run, but not too impressive as a whole....East Bernard moved the ball some, but fumbled quite a few times...

[This message has been edited by OrangeBlood (edited August 19, 2002).]

tigerSville_04
08-19-2002, 08:30 PM
Any strong points on D how about thier Lb??

OrangeBlood
08-20-2002, 06:43 AM
As far as defensive strongpoints are concerned, I'd say their secondary looked pretty good...good tacklers and didn't allow many passing yards at all...linebackers didn't impress me all that much....a good running team could probably have success against them...

buffalo booster
08-20-2002, 10:11 PM
Jonathan Green was the QB (2nd string) that broke a couple of long runs against East Barnard. He will probably line up as tailback when the season starts. I agree with your assessment of the game, Orangeblood. Giddings will get a sterner test against Bellville on Thursday...