PDA

View Full Version : Have any of yall had back surgery for disc problems?

kaorder1999
03-13-2007, 05:15 PM
If so tell me about it

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2007, 05:18 PM
My dad and youngest brother have. I can get some info for you if you want - it's been a few years.

kaorder1999
03-13-2007, 05:19 PM
im going to go through my second round of injections tomorrow...im sick of it...back pain SUCKS!

bobcat1
03-13-2007, 07:51 PM
I thought you were over it????????? Dang it. I hate to hear that. I think today is a lot better than 1981, 1983, neck 1987 were. I hear they can do a laminectomy arthroscopically now. They disc surgery wasn't bad, it was the cutting from can until can't that hurt and took forever to heal. The nerve pain was gone in a few days but that cut........dang. The 3rd day they got me up to walk. I hear they get you up the next day now. So just get the dang thing fixed and quit being a wuss about it. :p

kaorder1999
03-13-2007, 07:53 PM
the first injection helped a lot and yesterday I was cleaning the kitchen and the pain hit me. I dont know if I twisted weird or what. Sucks!!!

bobcat1
03-13-2007, 10:02 PM
You are just malformed, defective, spent, ruined, done in. It was fun spearing them kids in high school though wasn't it. Do you remember the stars you saw but didn't let anyone know you saw them? I do. LMAO!

jason
03-13-2007, 10:08 PM
no, its because he is a traitor and coaches and crandall....thats what you get....

kaorder1999
03-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by tall gay boy
no, its because he is a traitor and coaches and crandall....thats what you get....

i now wish a severe case of jock itch upon you!!!

lepfan
03-13-2007, 11:39 PM
My dad has had 3 back surgeries...the first was for a ruptured disc...he was on his back in a hospital bed for almost 3 months (this was back in the 70's...the second he was down for just a few weeks...and the third was to remove bone fragments from the second surgery that 'got lost' and then attached to some nerves...can you say OUCH!!! I do remember he took LOTSA pain meds for the first and then before he had the third one he lived on percoset or percodan (I think that is how to say them)...today he is pain free and living life largely

Good luck with whatever comes down the pike for ya! PAIN SUCKS!!!!!

c-town_balla
03-14-2007, 01:10 AM
I hope I dont have to go down this road. I hurt my back bad my freshman year so badly i couldnt walk for 2 days. Now this year I hurt it in powerlifting and i couldnt run for about 2 weeks and I still havent done squats since then and this was January.

shankbear
03-14-2007, 08:24 AM
Senior golfer, Peter Jacobsen, had laser back surgery done and competed in a golf tournament a week later and came in 3rd. It is done with the scope and the laser is snaked into the disk center and some of the material is blasted out and it relieves the disk pressure allowing it to go back into its normal space. From on your back to playing golf in a week is amazing.

duckbutter
03-14-2007, 08:42 AM
I had a microdiscectomy due to a ruptured disc in 1995 and would do it again in a heart beat. Scar is only about an inch and a half long and they had me up walking as soon as I was awake enough. Full recovery took me about 6 weeks with the first 2 weeks being pretty bad (I know, I'm a wuss). I still have problems with my back sometimes but NOTHING like it was. Wife tells me its from riding way to many crazy broncs. I told her they only break my arms and ribs and don't hurt my back. Anyway, if it hurts bad enough you will end up getting it done, just find the best doctor that you can.

Ranger Mom
03-14-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i now wish a severe case of jock itch upon you!!!

I'm sorry you are in pain KA....but your creative "editing" in his quote cracked me up!!

bobcat1
03-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm sorry you are in pain KA....but your creative "editing" in his quote cracked me up!! I missed that! LMAO!!!!!!!! TGB LMAO!!!!!!!

the first injection helped a lot and yesterday I was cleaning the kitchen and the pain hit me. I dont know if I twisted weird or what. Sucks!!!
Probably wouldn't have hurt your back if you hadn't been doing woman's work. LOL!!!!!!!!!

pirate4state
03-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I missed that! LMAO!!!!!!!! TGB LMAO!!!!!!!

Probably wouldn't have hurt your back if you hadn't been doing woman's work. LOL!!!!!!!!!

I missed it too :doh: :D :D

kaorder1999
yeah...p4s missed it too!

carter08
My mom had disk surjury about 15 years ago

bobcat1
03-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by carter08
My mom had disk surjury about 15 years ago
Boy that 5th grade edumacashun is coming in handy huh Carter? :p :D

jason
03-14-2007, 08:33 PM
the first injection helped a lot and yesterday I was cleaning the kitchen and the pain hit me. I dont know if I twisted weird or what. Sucks!!! we're going to play golf at the TPC of Kemp, Texas tomorrow...

ie Kings Creek...

got to play at The Trails of Frisco today, it's pretty nice...

www.thetrailsoffriscogc.com