PDA

View Full Version : Columbus, TX comes to Kansas

lepfan
03-13-2007, 03:18 PM
It seems the new superintendent for Holcomb, KS (just a skip down the road from me) is from Columbus, TX. Robert O'Connor has been chosen to by USD 363 to be their leader. I hope his family likes the smell of cow chit. :)

Gobbla2001
03-13-2007, 04:21 PM
the worst I've ever smelled is outside of Gonzales at Graham Cattle Company (is that it?), that is the worst, ddoesn't even smell like cow chit anymore, smells like dead chickens, cow chit, old granny farts and boiled eggs mixed into one... but it depends on the time of year... during the cooler months it isn't so bad, but during the summer bwoooo...

Phil C
03-13-2007, 04:30 PM
The Steve Martin movie Leap of Faith takes place in Kansas.

scotty
03-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Surprised that O'Conner would make such a move. He has such family ties in and around Bellville I thought maybe he would throw his hat in the ring for sup. at Sealy. He used to coach in Sealy. His son, a senior, was Bellville's quarterback last year.

KL3
03-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Coach O'Connor was coaching at Bellville when I was in high school. He then moved up to Kansas to coach, b/c I'm pretty sure he has family up there. He then moved back down to Columbus but his son transferred to Bellville I believe in junior high, and like Scotty said, was Bellville's QB the last 2 years. Coach O'Connor was always one of my favorites, you got a good one.

44INAROW
03-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
the worst I've ever smelled is outside of Gonzales at Graham Cattle Company (is that it?), that is the worst, ddoesn't even smell like cow chit anymore, smells like dead chickens, cow chit, old granny farts and boiled eggs mixed into one... but it depends on the time of year... during the cooler months it isn't so bad, but during the summer bwoooo...

it will smell 100%WORSE after all this rain...... eewwww.....

ILS1
03-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
it will smell 100%WORSE after all this rain...... eewwww.....

What about the smell driving thru Luling??

Ewwwwwwwwwww!!!

:confused: :confused:

sinton66
03-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Try US67 between Ballinger and San Angelo. The feedyard at Miles is one of a kind. Heard a couple truckers on the CB one day as they went by. One said they might as well turn around and go back to Ft.Worth. The other asked "Why?" The first said "Cause it smells like everyone in San Angelo is DEAD"!!!

lepfan
03-13-2007, 11:33 PM
http://testing.gctelegram.com/view.cgi?cat=News&state=story&id=51326

Here is the article....I think it said he taught in Kansas years ago.

Holcomb also has a big Tyson (beef) plant. That place can emit some pretty stinky odors also!

Holcomb has a VERY NICE new school...They have some $$$