PDA

View Full Version : Radio Sucks!

BuffyMars
03-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Today I realized just how spoiled I am. I had to listen to radio for the 1st time today in months (however long its been since I have had Sirius)....and it was the worst, crappy selection of stations you could imagine.

I finally settled on a classic rock station. The radio personalities lacked personality, I hate the jingle jangle commercials, and the sound sucks!

With satellite you rarely hear from personalities....that is what talk-radio is for (which I like BTW), the commercials (if there are any) are very short, maybe a 30 second spot with no more than 2 at a time or they just run an ad through your receptor where you can read www.gotoblahblah.com for more info.

And of course the sound is much more clear through satellite!

My dillywhopperthingamajiggy broke on my adapter...its the little ball at the very end. Well it broke! AND IT MADE MY DRIVE TO WORK MISERABLE! Luckily for me, I usually drive home in silence....I dunno, I just really enjoy peace at the end of my day, even if for only 40 mins (that is how long it takes to get from the office to my house).

But honestly, if you have never had satellite, you are missing out! It can be pricey, but with over 200 channels, and the ability to pause, rewind and fast forward radio, its worth it in my opinion!

I can't stand to listen to radio anymore! And we got it because we travel so much and its a pain trying to find a station inbetween towns, and we both love stand-up comedy, talk radio, pretty much all music with the exception of country. And I have been able to skip every country station known to man! Its awesome!

Anyway, that is my $.02 for today.

P.S. You all know Terry is a broadcaster and sports talk is his thing....but I figure they will make the move to satellite eventually as well. I hope! Because the only time we listen to radio is when we go outta town to larger cities and we turn it on AM. I can honestly say, we do not listen to FM radio.

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 02:28 PM
I love my Sirius Radio - love, love, love it!!! :)

I alternate between Hair Nation, the new Lithium channel, Alt Nation, Classic Rewind, The Pulse & Super Suffle :D

Txbroadcaster
03-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I alternate between Hair Nation, the new Lithium channel, Alt Nation, Classic Rewind, The Pulse & Super Suffle :D

Buffy has kept it on the new lithium pretty much 24/7

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 02:30 PM
oh and Octane!!!

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Buffy has kept it on the new lithium pretty much 24/7 OMG! I know --- I LOVE IT! Sometimes, I can't sleep b/c they are playing all these great songs. :nerd: :nerd: :o

Maroon87
03-12-2007, 02:40 PM
I like The Boneyard on XM...:cool:

BuffyMars
03-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Yeah I live for Alt. Nation and now the Lithium channel. :D

Great minds think alike, lol.

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Yeah I live for Alt. Nation and now the Lithium channel. :D

Great minds think alike, lol.

hee hee

Now playing on Octane: Candlebox - Change

mustang04
03-12-2007, 02:46 PM
i dont listen to radio or cd's at all anymore.....it's all in my ipod:)

kaorder1999
03-12-2007, 02:46 PM
http://images.music.com/images/dmc/release/radio_sucks/1/images/bio.jpg

Gobbla2001
03-12-2007, 02:49 PM
I've been tempted to get satellite radio myself... I'm luck to get some good stations where I'm at... I can pick up the Buzz out of Houston and I always had two great texas/alternative country stations out of Victoria... one of those stations has gone classic country, droppin' in some texas/alternative country in maybe once every two hours, and the other one, though I love it, does play some off-the-wall chit at times...

Bull19
03-12-2007, 04:10 PM
IVE GOT XM.....DEFINETLY THE BEST DECISION I EVER MADE.....CANT GOT WRONG WITH U.S. COUNTRY, BLUGRASS TRACK 14, OR X COUNTRY,,,,,,EVEN A LITTLE BIG TRACKS EVERY NOW AND THEN

injuredinmelee
03-12-2007, 04:32 PM
After having XM for the last two or three years I cant listen to regular radio anymore.

Gobbla2001
03-12-2007, 07:02 PM
yah, I think if I got satellite radio it'd have to be XM, I've heard X Country before and I really enjoyed that station... Sirius' Outlaw Country or whatever isn't bad itself, but like X Country mo-better... but aren't they mergin' anyway?

Matthew328
03-12-2007, 07:03 PM
As long as I have The Ticket I am OK

Bull19
03-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
yah, I think if I got satellite radio it'd have to be XM, I've heard X Country before and I really enjoyed that station... Sirius' Outlaw Country or whatever isn't bad itself, but like X Country mo-better... but aren't they mergin' anyway?

WELL THE TWO COMPANYS MERGED BUT I THINK THEY ARE STILL GUNNA STAY SERPATE IF U KNOW WHAT I MEAN,,,,SIRIUS AND XM WILL STILL BOTH BE SOLD AS SEPERATE RADIOS