PDA

View Full Version : Hey PI Tarpon Fans.....

footballgal
09-01-2002, 10:13 PM
Hey PI Tarpon Fans; can someone please confirm the date for the season opener against PSJA Memorial? I keep seeing conflicting schedules, on valleyfootball.com they show it on Friday 9/6. Today we went to the in-laws in PI, and they showed us a schedule that says Saturday 9/7 but it look like someone had created like on word. Didn't ask where they got it from so can someone PLEASE confirm for me which is the correct date?

[This message has been edited by footballgal (edited September 01, 2002).]

sinton66
09-01-2002, 10:28 PM
footballgal, Data Poll shows they play on the 6th, and that is a Friday. Good luck Tarpons!

footballgal
09-01-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by sinton66:
footballgal, Data Poll shows they play on the 6th, and that is a Friday. Good luck Tarpons!

Thanks Sinton66! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif
Since my husband will need get someone to change shifts with him if it's on Saturday. He's scheduled to work 4-12 on the 7th, thats why I really want to make sure.

eye of the tiger
09-01-2002, 10:41 PM
Dave Campbell's site has the game on the 6th also.

TarponR13K
09-01-2002, 11:55 PM
I'm from port isabel and I'm pretty sure the game is on saturday. I havent seen anything that said friday. I'm in band and as far as we're concerned, we're scheduled to be there on saturday. I do believe missile confirming that as well when i asked him just to make sure. and psja usually schedules on saturdays because of how many schools they have.
So...yeah that's basically it. I've seen nothing or heard nothing about Friday. If I'm not mistaken, all signs point to saturday and if its on friday then the players, the cheerleaders, drill team and band are all gonna be a day late. So...I'm pretty sure it's on saturday. so let me stop being so repetitive and get off here...Saturday!

sinton66
09-01-2002, 11:57 PM
OK, footballgal, looks like you need to call the school Tuesday! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

TarponR13K
09-01-2002, 11:58 PM
i dont want to cause trouble or make your husband get someone to fill in for him because it seems as though saturday may be a problem for you but in all honesty...i should be a reliable source considering i am scheduled to be there. And my band schedule says saturday, the schedule on the pride rally says saturday and nothing about friday has been mentioned. I think maybe the mistake is because everyone is so used to game night being friday.

footballgal
09-02-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by TarponR13K:
i dont want to cause trouble or make your husband get someone to fill in for him because it seems as though saturday may be a problem for you but in all honesty...i should be a reliable source considering i am scheduled to be there. And my band schedule says saturday, the schedule on the pride rally says saturday and nothing about friday has been mentioned. I think maybe the mistake is because everyone is so used to game night being friday.

Since your in the band and are scheduled to be there, and you said you confirmed it with a football player missile, I will take your word. So, thanks alot for the info. I will call my husband at work right now, so that he can make arrangements for Saturday. Again Thanks TarponR13K ! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

sinton66
09-02-2002, 11:45 AM
Hope he didn't think I was doubting him either, just trying to think of someway to know for sure. Didn't mean anything by it.

TarponR13K
09-02-2002, 12:04 PM
Hope he didn't think I was doubting him either, just trying to think of someway to know for sure. Didn't mean anything by it.

You're very welcome. and sinton66, im a girl, not a he or a him. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif
peace

sinton66
09-02-2002, 12:07 PM
Thanks for correcting me. Welcome to the board!

TarponR13K
09-02-2002, 01:16 PM
Thanks for correcting me. Welcome to the board!

no problem. thanks. that's a warm welcome right there ****.
So sinton whooped up pretty bad on raymondville, right? i think that's what it was. I dont know, im still kinda asleep

sinton66
09-02-2002, 02:40 PM
Well, 31-6 isn't all that bad. Lots of folks expected more from Sinton, but we haven't exactly gelled yet. Good luck Saturday!

TarponR13K
09-02-2002, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I think I was thinkin about Rio Hondo and prepa. tamps. that must have hurt. The thing is that my simple mind gets the R's mixed up, Rio Hondo, Raymondville and so I was thinkin Raymndvle played you guys so...yeppers. But yeah, you still won so that's good. Thanks, I hope we win Saturday. My only fears about that night are marching on that turf. It's hell but state marching is usually on turf so might as well be gettin used to it. But that has nothing to do with the game so I'm sure they're gonna play pretty well. I have yet to see them play so I'm lookin foward to seein what they can do this year. Good luck with your season.

Kakarot
09-02-2002, 03:33 PM
Im on the Varsity Football team and we play on Saturday at 7 30 i think. I think thats the time but i dont care when i play i just wanna knock some peepz down. Yea well hope everyone can make it to give us alot of support. BYE

TarponR13K
09-02-2002, 06:48 PM
we established that already. thanks anyway niggz

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-02-2002, 08:07 PM
we established that already. thanks anyway niggz

Hey y'all, it's Tarpons1994 from the rgvsports site.....y'all might want to lay off the dissing and the foul language. Unlike rgvsports, you CAN get kicked off of here permanently for posting that kind of mess on here. So PLEASE, we don't need that kind of stuff on here. Port Isabel has been WELL represented on here, so don't ruin it for us, ok?

TarponR13K
09-02-2002, 09:48 PM
i was about to ask you what you were talking about but then i noticed you quoted my last post. Hmm, It's a thing with me, I call everyone negro. Like even when i call up my white boy bf, I say "hey, what up negro". There's my explanation. Don't worry bout it, no harm was meant, instead I'll refer to him as 'fellow human being' jsut in case any other nick name may be considered offensive. check ya later

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-03-2002, 12:03 AM
i was about to ask you what you were talking about but then i noticed you quoted my last post. Hmm, It's a thing with me, I call everyone negro. Like even when i call up my white boy bf, I say "hey, what up negro". There's my explanation. Don't worry bout it, no harm was meant, instead I'll refer to him as 'fellow human being' jsut in case any other nick name may be considered offensive. check ya later

Trust me, i'm not trying to be mean or anything, just telling you just how it is on this site. You'd be surprised how many people WOULD take offense to that stuff. And also, I wasn't picking on just you, it was meant for EVERYBODY that's finding this site from the rgvsport.com site.
There are some CLASS ACTS on here, and we don't need for them to start thinking bad about Port Isabel. Most people on here are really nice, so please be nice in return. It's the Port Isabel way, i'm sure you've heard of that one.......

TarponR13K
09-03-2002, 07:58 PM
alright, that's cool. No, actually I haven't heard of that being the port isabel way but...well I dont know. Anyway, I haven't seen what other people are saying that's been bad so im about to just ask about it on that other post, k? I've been coming here since last year, I just never registered for the board til recently. But anyway, I'm gonna go see what's up on that other thread, k? Lates