PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Desperados game

BuffyMars
03-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Terry and I got free tickets to see Dallas vs. Tampa Bay Sat. night courtesy of 1310 The Ticket at American Airlines Center.

It was my 1st time at the AAC, and I must say the place is gorgeous.

Of course like any other sporting event facility they have you go through metal detectors. And Terry went through 1st, he had to empty out his wallet, and a whole handful of change. And for some reason he handed both to me.

So when its my turn to go through I had to empty mine and his stuff into the buckets, and mind you there is a huge line behind me. So as I dump the change out onto the table I have to pick up each coin individually. And I keep wondering what is Terry doing? Hes just staring into space....:rolleyes: I finally hollered at him, "Terry! Can you help me out with YOUR change?!?!"

He looked at me and went, "Oh, sorry!" And he kept looking back while picking up the change. He finally said...."That's Dan Campbell, who used to play for the Cowboys, and now plays for the Lions. He is the only Aggie I like because he was a Cowboy."

And of course I am still PO'd about the change....and I say, "So! Help me with the change!" LOL!

It was so cute, he was starstruck for a minute because he was standing right behind us, and we aren't big on running down celebs so we just let him be. He was dressed so down to earth with a backwards baseball hat...just looked like a regular joe and he had his son with him. Oh! And he got just regular seats...he didn't have a premier suite or anything fancy.

Terry overheard his son ask his dad, "Daddy, can you beat these guys?"

Anyways, I had a headache the whole game, but I must say Dallas' intro is freakin awesome!

I am now ready to see the Mavs play! TERRY! :mad: :tongue:

Well after the game was over, we also saw Akin Ayodele & Marco Rivera, and a couple of Jags...I don't know their names.

BuffyMars
03-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Oh, and some dance team from Hutto performed before the game. Or maybe it was at halftime...I can't remember.

Emerson1
03-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Did you enjoy your 3 hour nap?

BuffyMars
03-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Did you enjoy your 3 hour nap?

LOL! I enjoy arena football. ;)