PDA

View Full Version : It's raining!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
03-11-2007, 04:20 PM
We definitely need it. :clap:

piratebg
03-11-2007, 04:21 PM
80% chance of thunderstorms here tomorrow. I'm ready for it. :)

Ray_BearKat
03-11-2007, 04:27 PM
it rained earlier and supposed to rain more later...we needed it as well.

DU_stud04
03-11-2007, 04:46 PM
been raining for the better part of the day, cooled us down to lower 60's upper 50's..... it feels great out :)

Snyder_TigerFan
03-11-2007, 04:47 PM
It's only raining because I spent about 3 hours washing my car yesterday.:(

piratebg
03-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Mother Nature is just teasing us right now. It's cloudy with a sprinkle here and there, but that's about it.

Antec
03-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Could push back some baseball and softball games scheduled on Tuesday up to two days if it rains

And Some softball teams are already playing T hursday instead of Friday

Old Dog
03-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Really coming down hard between Burnet and Bertram right now! It's wonderful.................

lepfan
03-11-2007, 08:19 PM
We had hail last night...three times I had to run home and hide the car in the garage...it rained bunches too.

I went to Amarillo today...it rained on the way down there and back up ....

CHS_CG
03-12-2007, 07:57 AM
It started raining about 10 or 10:30 here and rained all night. Hearne got 7.18 inches of rain... we got about 2-3 here so maybe the farmers that come into the office with stop their PMS'n about the rain now lol

fb_gurl
03-12-2007, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
It started raining about 10 or 10:30 here and rained all night. Hearne got 7.18 inches of rain... we got about 2-3 here so maybe the farmers that come into the office with stop their PMS'n about the rain now lol

No they won't. Now they will gripe that we are getting TOO MUCH rain. They are NEVER satisfied. Better you than me though!

Old Green
03-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Cuero got torn up this morning about 3:00 am. When the thunderstorms blew in, it brought high winds and heavy rains. Houses were struck by lightning, roofs were torn off and power lines knocked down. Looks like a tornado hit. My nieighborhood is still without power:(

44INAROW
03-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
Cuero got torn up this morning about 3:00 am. When the thunderstorms blew in, it brought high winds and heavy rains. Houses were struck by lightning, roofs were torn off and power lines knocked down. Looks like a tornado hit. My nieighborhood is still without power:(

Hope everything is ok in your neck of the woods Val - Terrell St was covered in limbs and moss and the fence at Two Silver Trumpets is completely gone and the power poles at the old Shamrock were knocked down too - I've had 5 claims turned in already (by 8:30am) the fence at the old Highway Dept location across the street from CHS is gone too

Old Green
03-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Hope everything is ok in your neck of the woods Val - Terrell St was covered in limbs and moss and the fence at Two Silver Trumpets is completely gone and the power poles at the old Shamrock were knocked down too - I've had 5 claims turned in already (by 8:30am) the fence at the old Highway Dept location across the street from CHS is gone too My Neighborhood didn't have much structural damage,but a lot trees blown down blocking the street and power lines blocking my street also. Had to use the alley to get out. I heard on the scanner emergency management was passing out vouchers to several families whose homes were severly damaged this mornig.

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 09:35 AM
wow I can't believe Cuero had that much damage! :( Hope everyone is okay!!

lepfan
03-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
It started raining about 10 or 10:30 here and rained all night. Hearne got 7.18 inches of rain... we got about 2-3 here so maybe the farmers that come into the office with stop their PMS'n about the rain now lol We have farmers up here that are pro's at that! They moan and groan about everything and how much money they don't have and how the government needs to hand out more subsidies......then go out and get in their brand new Lincoln pick up and drive to their decked out homes to pick up their bags for their next cruise or trip to Vegas....

These BIG farmers take total advantage of the system!!!!!

44INAROW
03-12-2007, 01:20 PM
there are some pictures of the damage @ www.victoriaadvocate.com - link to the pictures are at the bottom left on the front page.........Wind damage (www.victoriaadvocate.com)