PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 updates

Jacket2000
09-04-2002, 08:11 PM
Top 10, weekly picks, games of the week, and team of the week are done!
J2K

eye of the tiger
09-04-2002, 08:50 PM
Congtrats to Gilmer as team of the week. They surprised me beating Gladewater.

WpSr03
09-04-2002, 10:55 PM
Games of the Week don't seem to be up, I've reloaded the page tons of times and emptied my cache.. everything else seems to be updated though, what's the deal?

sinton66
09-04-2002, 10:59 PM
WpSr, they came up for me just now, don't know what the problem is. Good luck.

eye of the tiger
09-04-2002, 11:02 PM
It worked for me also.

WpSr03
09-04-2002, 11:05 PM
Hmmm, still not working... Could anyone do me a favor and paste the content for the Wills Point Lindale game? Thanks a bunch guys!

eye of the tiger
09-04-2002, 11:08 PM
POTTSBORO VS DECATUR
Friday, Sept 7
7:30, Decatur
Pottsboro finished last season with an impressive 9-2 record, and looks to pick up right where they left off when they travel to Decatur. The Cardinals will be led by all-state RB Ryan Cowley who rushed for over 1,800 yards last season. Spearheading a defense that caused 59 turnovers last season will be all-district DL Rocky Phillips and Scott Badget.
Decatur is coming off a win over weak 4a team Birdville, but expects to beat much better teams behind the running of Paul Warren(865 yards). On defense, the Eagles are particularly strong in the secondary with FS Mitchell Flippin(76 tackles) and DB Laramie Huddleson(4 INTs). Unfortunately, by the time these guys get to Cowley, it'll be too late.
My prediction: Pottsboro by 12

LINDALE VS WILLS POINT'
Friday, Sept 7
7:30, Wills Point
Might wanna bring a radar to this game, 'cause there's gonna be speed to burn in Wills Point this friday night. Wills Point is coming off of a total whitewashing of 4a Athens and looks to keep the momentum with WRs Quinton Cunigan and Jake McDougle. The defense also isnt lookin' too shabby with DT Jeremy McGee and LB Cody Fenley.
Lindale had a tough time with Crandall last week, so I expect them to be in a rather nasty mood. Of course, the Eagles are absolutely loaded with 7 offensive starters and 8 defensive starters returning including QB R.J. Brey(900 yards). This should look somewhat like a track meet, but I think Lindale will get to the finish line just ahead of the Tigers.
My prediction: Lindale by 4

DAINGERFIELD VS GLADEWATER
Friday, Sept 7
7:30, Gladewater
The Daingerfield Tigers(the Down Low #1 region 2 team) looked good in their win over rival Pittsburg last week, and I expect the trend to continue this week. The Tigers' defense is very tough(imagine that!) with 8 starters returning including all-district DB Jermaine Mitchell. On offense, they return 6 starters, but are headlined by newcomer Nick Wallace at RB.
For Gladewater, it's sink or swim time this week. The Bears looked less than impressive in their loss to Gilmer, but Im not sure if it was first game jitters or a sign of things to come. Either way, Im going with Daingerfield in this one.
My prediction: Daingerfield by 17

KENNEDALE VS CRANDALL
Friday, Sept 7
7:30, Crandal
This looks to be one of the best games in the state this week, which is probably why it's a Game of the Week in 2 different regions. Oh well, Im covering it anyway. Kennedale looks to be in good shape to repeat their performance from last season with the return of QB Rocky Smith(1,264 yards), RB Rex Harper(1,554 yards), and WR Jason Tomlinson. Smith also headlines on defense where he registered 110 tackles.
The Pirates are coming off a heartbreaking loss to #6 Lindale and will be looking to rebound with a win this week. They return a total of 9 starters including LB Kyle King(113 tackles, 2 INTs, 4 fumble recoveries) and RB John Trammell(976 yards as a sophmore) and can fill in the holes with a 10-0 JV. This is game is pretty much a "pick'em", but since I gotta make a prediction, here goes....
My Prediction: Kennedale by 2