PDA

View Full Version : State Farm Lone Star Showdown between UT & A&M as of 3-10-07

Phil C
03-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Right now UT is winning it by a close 6 to 5 margin. After blowouts the last two years by UT this could be the Aggies year to win it by a narrow margin. Of course this has been a strange year because I never would have thought that UT would lose the football or the Women's Indoor Track and Field (after being NCs last year) or even the Women's Swimming and Diving Competition where UT has been a power in the past. But also there were surprises in that UT won the Women's Soccer point while the basketball teams did the job for UT spliting with the Aggies.

Right now on my prediction I think the Aggies will win it this year by a 10 to 9 score for their first win. Bear in mind there are still 8 points left and some of the teams are so even that one win by one or the other could tilt the cart.

We have the following sports and points (8) left and my analysis.

Softball - I gave the Lady Aggies the point but bear in mind each game is worth 1/2 a point and the way the Lady Horns are playing they could do the job get a split which will change things.

Men's Tennis - I give UT the edge here but the match for the point is at College Station and the Aggies are capable of getting it.

Women's Tennis - it is close but I give the edge to the Lady Aggies. But remember they don't have the home court edge like they had last year and that could make a different.

Men and Women's Golf - I give both points to the Aggies but UT could challenge for the men's golf point. Both are ranked in the top 20.

Men and Women's Outdoor Track and Field - I have a split here with UT getting the Men's Point and A&M getting the Women's point.

Baseball - both teams are playing well but I give the edge to UT to get the point by winning two out of three in the matchup for the point.

Based on my analysis the Aggies will win it by a 10 to 9 margin - as close as it gets. But you never know what will happen and things can change.

Remember if they tie at 9 1/2 each UT wins the title since they won it last year which is the tie breaker much to my chagrin. I emailed them saying that the football game winner should get an extra 1/4 point to break the tie but of course they didn't respond.

The next point availabe is later this month when the two softball teams meet in Austin later this month for 1/2 point. This game could be very important as for as the competition goes.

We will see. Exciting times coming indeed.

Phil C
03-10-2007, 09:06 PM
The softball game in Austin on March 28th is scheduled to start at 6:30 P.M. If any of you are in Austin or close by at that time it would probably be worth your time to go see a great game played by two great teams.

g$$
03-11-2007, 06:43 PM
It will be close to the end. Good analysis.

(FYI Phil, my niece tied for 6th nationally in the pole vault at the Indoor Nationals. We are very proud of her of course.)

Phil C
03-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by g$$
It will be close to the end. Good analysis.

(FYI Phil, my niece tied for 6th nationally in the pole vault at the Indoor Nationals. We are very proud of her of course.)

I am too g$$! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

g$$
03-19-2007, 12:01 AM
Thanks Phil C! She is a special kid all around. I just hope her foot injury is not serious. X-rays are coming this week...

Phil C
03-28-2007, 03:34 PM
We all know about the big softball game that is in Austin tonight. I noticed in head to head competition that in Men's golf at a tournament (not the one for the point) that A&M beat UT by 2 strokes so this could be a highly contested point when they do meet head to head for the real one.

Phil C
03-28-2007, 04:00 PM
I like softball.

SpreadtheRed
03-28-2007, 05:41 PM
moral victories for the aggies

gobblerfan02
03-28-2007, 11:23 PM
ut gains a 1/2 a point!!!

Phil C
03-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
ut gains a 1/2 a point!!!

Right you are gobblerfan! This give UT 6.5 to 5 lead. This could be a big 1/2 point. I think the next scheduled match is Men's tennis next Wednesday for one point.