PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Coach search

sinton66
03-10-2007, 03:38 PM
I heard this week there have been a total of 77 applicants for the HC/AD position at Sinton. The field has been narrowed to twelve. The finalists will interview with the board at the next meeting either this Monday or next Monday night (not sure when the meeting is). No names have been mentioned that I'm aware of.

kaorder1999
03-10-2007, 03:40 PM
All 12 will interview with the board? That sounds like a whole lot to interview. I would guess they would narrow it down to about 4-5 finalists and take them to the board but I may be wrong!

swarm
03-10-2007, 03:48 PM
They will start interviewing next Monday and Wed.

kaorder1999
03-10-2007, 03:49 PM
ok..maybe i misread it!! I didnt realize they hasnt even started interviewing yet. I guess they will narrow down the 12 to 4 or five now and those will go to the board!

pirate4state
03-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Sounds like we may actually get a coach before the month is out!! :eek: wow :D

kaorder1999
03-10-2007, 04:00 PM
there is nothing wrong with taking time to find the right man...especially in 3A when there is no Spring Ball.

piratebg
03-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sounds like we may actually get a coach before the month is out!! :eek: wow :D

Now that's what I'm talkin bout. Hopefully sooner than, depending on how fast our excuse of a board works.

kaorder1999
03-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Now that's what I'm talkin bout. Hopefully sooner than, depending on how fast our excuse of a board works.

excuse of a board?? why so harsh? ;)

pirate4state
03-10-2007, 04:05 PM
:eek: ouch..................................... :evillol: :o

anyway......

I am hoping we get someone without ANY ties to our community - that would be SWEET!! :clap: :thumbsup:

kaorder1999
03-10-2007, 04:07 PM
:eek: ouch..................................... :evillol: :o

anyway......

I am hoping we get someone without ANY ties to our community - that would be SWEET!! :clap: :thumbsup:
when you have ties to the community as a new incoming head coach, 9 time sout of 10 you are setting yourself up for failure.

pirate4state
03-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
when you have ties to the community as a new incoming head coach, 9 time sout of 10 you are setting yourself up for failure. :thinking: :thinking: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

kaorder1999
03-10-2007, 04:18 PM
but im a idiot so who cares?

pirate4state
03-10-2007, 04:21 PM
but im a idiot so who cares? LOL - on this one item....I DO!! :)

Phil C
03-10-2007, 05:28 PM
when you have ties to the community as a new incoming head coach, 9 time sout of 10 you are setting yourself up for failure.

As the great chess player Bobby Fischer once said of the game "Nine times out of ten the bishops are better than knights but still one has to be alert to when they are not."

Phil C
03-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Still they should be able to get a good coach. I just hope he doesn't get rid of those who have been successful in other sports.

Phil C
03-10-2007, 06:22 PM
One thing to remember is that we have a good committee reviewing the applicants and I am sure their decision will not be easy but ultimately the final selection is done by the school board.

sinton66
03-10-2007, 11:56 PM
but im a idiot so who cares?

Why didn't you apply?;)

maroonpirate04
03-11-2007, 03:10 AM
Finally :clap: Curious about who's gonna sail our ship and not sink it

District303aPastPlayer
03-11-2007, 11:21 AM
i just wish the Interim would want the full time permanent job...

pirate4state
03-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i just wish the Interim would want the full time permanent job...

if only......

sinton66
03-11-2007, 04:18 PM
The San Pat paper this week says there were 74 applicants. They have been narrowed to ten plus two standby. The search committee will begin interviewing the ten to twelve finalists this coming week. Applications close tomorrow. The committee will narrow the choices to three, and those will interview before the board the following week.

sinton66
03-12-2007, 09:20 PM
5 interviews conducted today, five more coming.

IHStangFan
03-12-2007, 11:25 PM
let me finish this statement...."Sinton Coach Search....is bordering on absurd...77 applicants?!?! HIRE SOMEONE ALREADY!!" :D

piratebg
03-13-2007, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
HIRE SOMEONE ALREADY!!" :D

I'm normally a pretty patient person, but damn it this it taking too freakin long. :mad:

maroonpirate04
03-13-2007, 01:40 AM
Tell me about it seems like the whole state already hired their coaches and were the only school that haven't found someone:(

pirate4state
03-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Well, Mitchell just left. Jeez. They should've started looking when they tried to tell him how to run his program. :o oh, did I say that out loud? :kiss:

Phil C
03-13-2007, 10:51 AM
PATIENCE!! SINTON HIGH SCHOOL WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

District303aPastPlayer
03-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
PATIENCE!! SINTON HIGH SCHOOL WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

it was built in 3 :D

Sinton94
03-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Any names being released:thinking:

Phil C
03-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
Any names being released:thinking:

Patience 94. These things take time.

pirate4state
03-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Any names being released:thinking: I hope not ;)

IHStangFan
03-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Patience 94. These things take time. TOO much time, I also think its funny that not even candidate names have been released....you know releasing the top candidate names would compromise national security and all... :D I hope they make a move soon! I'm curious!!

kaorder1999
03-13-2007, 07:08 PM
TOO much time, I also think its funny that not even candidate names have been released....you know releasing the top candidate names would compromise national security and all... :D I hope they make a move soon! I'm curious!!

names shouldnt be released. Sinton is doing a great job keeping it silent...

IHStangFan
03-13-2007, 07:12 PM
names shouldnt be released. Sinton is doing a great job keeping it silent... why shouldnt names be released? When an NFL team interviews candidates they are released, same with college, and MOST HS teams from my experiences...so what makes this any different? Just curious as to your reasoning.

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2007, 07:14 PM
why shouldnt names be released? Maybe they don't want the Downlow picking them apart beforehand. :devil: :p

IHStangFan
03-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Maybe they don't want the Downlow picking them apart beforehand. :devil: :p LOL, touchet...theres our answer! :) Maybe I'm wrong in my reasoning, but it seems to be standard practice for NFL and NCAA level, it only seems right that HS coaching candidates be released....mainly if for no other reason...If I was a resident of Sinton, and my taxes basically paid the HC's salary, I'd feel like I had a right to know what I was potentially getting for my tax dollars, especially as serious as Sintonites take their atheletic program. just my $.02

Ingleside Fan
03-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Maybe they don't want the Downlow picking them apart beforehand. :devil: :p

But everyboby thinks it's their job! :doh: ;)

kaorder1999
03-13-2007, 07:20 PM
9 times out of 10, names being released for HS jobs are either a result of a Freedom of Information request or a leak within the school. If I were to interview for a job I would definitly tell my present employer that I was interviewing somewhere else. If I dont get the job at least I still have a job where I was up front with my current employer. To the town, to the fans, its just that i'm not happy where I am and was looking to get out.

kaorder1999
03-13-2007, 07:23 PM
LOL, touchet...theres our answer! :) Maybe I'm wrong in my reasoning, but it seems to be standard practice for NFL and NCAA level, it only seems right that HS coaching candidates be released....mainly if for no other reason...If I was a resident of Sinton, and my taxes basically paid the HC's salary, I'd feel like I had a right to know what I was potentially getting for my tax dollars, especially as serious as Sintonites take their atheletic program. just my $.02

there is the major problem...you feel like you have a right to know who is going to be hired. And later on when Sinton has lost a couple of games you will feel like you have a say so as to whether or not that coach stays. When Sinton is in the process of hiring a principal do you let everyone know you have a right to know who is interviewing? When Sinton is in the hiring process for every teacher opening they have do you find out all of those names?

pirate4state
03-13-2007, 07:23 PM
LOL, touchet...theres our answer! :) Maybe I'm wrong in my reasoning, but it seems to be standard practice for NFL and NCAA level, it only seems right that HS coaching candidates be released....mainly if for no other reason...If I was a resident of Sinton, and my taxes basically paid the HC's salary, I'd feel like I had a right to know what I was potentially getting for my tax dollars, especially as serious as Sintonites take their atheletic program. just my $.02

pish posh :p :p

Lucky for the school board, supe, etc...you aren't a resident of Sinton, but I sure would have fun watching you in action against them!!! :devil: :evillol: :D

kaorder1999
03-13-2007, 07:25 PM
didnt realize you werent from Sinton....

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2007, 07:27 PM
If I were to interview for a job I would definitly tell my present employer that I was interviewing somewhere else. If I dont get the job at least I still have a job where I was up front with my current employer. To the town, to the fans, its just that i'm not happy where I am and was looking to get out. And there ya have it. :)

pirate4state
03-13-2007, 07:30 PM
there is the major problem...you feel like you have a right to know who is going to be hired. And later on when Sinton has lost a couple of games you will feel like you have a say so as to whether or not that coach stays. When Sinton is in the process of hiring a principal do you let everyone know you have a right to know who is interviewing? When Sinton is in the hiring process for every teacher opening they have do you find out all of those names?

well said :clap:

Like that HR Block commerical - "I have people" ;) so I'm not sweating it. :nerd: :D

IHStangFan
03-13-2007, 07:35 PM
didnt realize you werent from Sinton.... nah, just orig. from the area. I agree w/ your logic as well. As a HC, you wouldn't want it to appear to your fans, kids, and town that you were looking to bail. That I can agree on, but on the flip side, yes, I believe as a tax payer and an active member of a community, i.e. booster club member, etc. that I would have at least some right to know at least who had been interviewed at some point. Maybe not initially, but somewhere along the way. So I guess I can see and understand both points of view though, very touchy situation. Thanks for "tossing the ball around" w/ me on this one. I enjoy rational, logical, & civilized debate. :) :clap:

IHStangFan
03-13-2007, 07:36 PM
well said :clap:

Like that HR Block commerical - "I have people" ;) so I'm not sweating it. :nerd: :D quit stalking me! I'm not concerned with YOUR take on it, as you don't count. ;)

kaorder1999
03-13-2007, 07:36 PM
dont get me wrong IHStangFan, im the first one who wishes I knew who was up for certain jobs. But at the same time I think about that coaches future where he is, their family and everything else. I worked for a coach that interviewed for another job and he was up front with his staff and his administrators and the school that he interviewed at leaked the names. From that day on he was treated like crap at the school we were at even those it was a no-bainer decision to interview. $20k more money...more successful football program. The town where we were crucified him for going on another interview. The dumbass school board even held it against him when his contract came up for renewal. Oh....and he wasnt renewed....overall they were very upset he was looking at other schools

IHStangFan
03-13-2007, 07:39 PM
dont get me wrong IHStangFan, im the first one who wishes I knew who was up for certain jobs. But at the same time I think about that coaches future where he is, their family and everything else. I worked for a coach that interviewed for another job and he was up front with his staff and his administrators and the school that he interviewed at leaked the names. From that day on he was treated like crap at the school we were at even those it was a no-bainer decision to interview. $20k more money...more successful football program. The town where we were crucified him for going on another interview. The dumbass school board even held it against him when his contract came up for renewal. Oh....and he wasnt renewed....overall they were very upset he was looking at other schools yup, I hear ya, and that just isn't right.

kaorder1999
03-13-2007, 07:41 PM
i bet Sinton does get someone good!

pirate4state
03-13-2007, 07:44 PM
quit stalking me! I'm not concerned with YOUR take on it, as you don't count. ;)

hahahahaha make me :devil:

IHStangFan
03-13-2007, 07:45 PM
i bet Sinton does get someone good! I'm sure they will....or at least I hope they do. I'm fixing to piss alot of people off here...but....Sinton is on the down-swing it would seem...kinda like Rome in its descent. I hope they get a good coach, and he turns it back around and upholds Sinton's tradition and level of excellence. It will make 30-3A WAY more interesting if Sinton remains competitive. With Ingleside and Orange Grove on the up, and Sinton maintaining, it will be interesting!!! 30-3A has the potential to be great next year!

pirate4state
03-13-2007, 07:49 PM
LOL. I think we all see the writing on the wall the only reason they'd be pissed is cause they don't like you. :kiss: :D Oh and only locals can trash the crappy town they live in. :p ;)

oh damn, I'm stalking you again. :o

IHStangFan
03-13-2007, 07:52 PM
LOL. I think we all see the writing on the wall the only reason they'd be pissed is cause they don't like you. :kiss: :D Oh and only locals can trash the crappy town they live in. :p ;)

oh damn, I'm stalking you again. :o I'm not trashing Sinton, but I will if you want me to, LOL.

pirate4state
03-13-2007, 07:54 PM
I'm not trashing Sinton, but I will if you want me to, LOL. If I thought it'd spice up the board I'd give you the green light, but there aren't very many locals on right now. Check back later. :p :D

IHStangFan
03-13-2007, 07:58 PM
If I thought it'd spice up the board I'd give you the green light, but there aren't very many locals on right now. Check back later. :p :D why, so yall can gang up on me? While you're at it, lets PM Sinton94 so he can get in on it, hes my favorite :D

pirate4state
03-13-2007, 07:59 PM
why, so yall can gang up on me? While you're at it, lets PM Sinton94 so he can get in on it, hes my favorite :D At least, with me you know I'm just pulling your chain & vice-versa. Sinton94 cracks me up. He/she has kept who they are a big secret. LOL

sinton66
03-13-2007, 08:28 PM
They won't announce any names until they get down to the final three (if then). Think about it, if you were one of 74 and DIDN'T make the final three, would you want that widely known? I sure wouldn't.

The final five to seven interviews should be conducted by the end of the week, then the search committee will recommend three to the board. The board will interview the final three, take into consideration the recommendations of the search committee, then make a decision. We should know by the end of next week, I think.

IHStangFan
03-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
They won't announce any names until they get down to the final three (if then). Think about it, if you were one of 74 and DIDN'T make the final three, would you want that widely known? I sure wouldn't.

The final five to seven interviews should be conducted by the end of the week, then the search committee will recommend three to the board. The board will interview the final three, take into consideration the recommendations of the search committee, then make a decision. We should know by the end of next week, I think. hope it happens soon, yall need a dang coach!! I'm looking forward to next season already!!

Phil C
03-14-2007, 08:00 AM
why shouldnt names be released? When an NFL team interviews candidates they are released, same with college, and MOST HS teams from my experiences...so what makes this any different? Just curious as to your reasoning.

This is Sinton!!

:mad:

Phil C
03-14-2007, 08:01 AM

Our football gate revenue pays for our coaches's salaries not the taxes!

:mad:

GOFOR2
03-14-2007, 08:55 AM

That is exactly the problem. Everybody thinks they should have a say in something or know what is going on.

SintonFan
03-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Thanks for "tossing the ball around" w/ me on this one. I enjoy rational, logical, & civilized debate. :) :clap:
I attained a copy of all the applicants. But it self-destructed just before I was gonna post it. :(

pirate4state
03-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I attained a copy of all the applicants. But it self-destructed just before I was gonna post it. :(

LMAO

piratebg
03-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan

I hate it when that happens :D

Sinton94
03-14-2007, 12:11 PM
why, so yall can gang up on me? While you're at it, lets PM Sinton94 so he can get in on it, hes my favorite :D

Don't worry I know your every move and where you live:eek:

IHStangFan
03-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Don't worry I know your every move and where you live:eek: thats okay, I'm not worried :)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/myguns.jpg

AP Panther Fan
03-14-2007, 12:23 PM
ROFLMAO!

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Sinton94
03-14-2007, 12:25 PM
thats okay, I'm not worried :)

Make sure the four-wheeler has gas!:doh:

Sinton94
03-14-2007, 12:28 PM
thats okay, I'm not worried :)

Nice trailer by the way! I see it came with a spare too......cool!;)

AP Panther Fan
03-14-2007, 12:28 PM
I am sooo glad I decided to read this....I needed to laugh today!:D

IHStangFan
03-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Make sure the four-wheeler has gas!:doh: LOL...always!!

IHStangFan
03-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Nice trailer by the way! I see it came with a spare too......cool!;) deer lease "bunk house" what are ya gonna do (shrug)....think you can cut us a deal on a new tire?

Sinton94
03-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I am sooo glad I decided to read this....I needed to laugh today!:D

Me too..............I was just minding my own biz..........when all the sudden I hear a cow bell

IHStangFan
03-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Me too..............I was just minding my own biz..........when all the sudden I hear a cow bell that DOES make it hard to sneak up on people

pirate4state
03-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Me too..............I was just minding my own biz..........when all the sudden I hear a cow bell LMAO!

maroonpunt
03-14-2007, 10:20 PM
what is the latest on the search? any names heard now? i have heard a few but nothing for sure. heard two alum who are head coaches now both put their names in and didnt get interviews....mind boggling to me.

pirate44
03-15-2007, 06:01 AM
ive heard rumors that my brother applied. but he absolutely DID NOT. he's very happy where he is now and three rivers is doing everything they can to keep him happy.