PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Question

Bellville22
01-15-2004, 09:51 PM
Sorry to bring this up weeks after the season, but it's been bothering my uncle and I. I went to Atlanta's title game, and aside from being blown away by "the best team in 3A, IMHO", I was very impressed with their FB/'feature back'/LB. This guy looked like a man among boys, running over and around defenders, and making all kinds of plays on D. Can't remember his first name (I think Curtis), but last name was Burns, and he wore #44. I didn't see any mention of him on any State teams, in Texas Football, and my uncle said he didn't notice him on the All-District team. What's the deal with this kid? Did he just have a good showing that game? Did he join the team late? Grade problems? We're baffled. And finally, what are, if any, his college plans?

Indy Jones
01-15-2004, 10:29 PM
He was a move in from Queen City during all of their staff change last year. Some coaches in the district felt like he moved for athletic purposes, so he lacked votes for all district. Don't know the real reason why he moved, but he did play all year for the Rabbits and is the real deal for sure. If you look at Queen City in Texas football you will see him as one of their prospects.

Do not take this post as one of accusations because it is not, it is just FYI about where he came from. I thought Coach Scharnberg was a class act and I am sure he follows all of the UIL guidelines.

Marlin Coach...

Bellville22
01-16-2004, 12:46 AM
Thank you much.

Atl_Rabb_Fan
01-16-2004, 09:42 AM
He was going to school in Q-C for the past few years while he was still living in Atlanta the whole time. He decided to come back to Atlanta this year and did so. But after he left the Q-C coach didn't like it much and word is that he was the reason why he wasn't voted all Dist. Plus something about he had an argument with the New Boston coach. But what ever all their differences were this young man played his heart out and had a great season. People especially coaches should put their differences aside on something like this. He will go to college somewhere and where ever that may be he will for sure make an impact. Oh yea he was the East Texas Defensive Player of the Year on Smoaky.Com

<small>[ January 16, 2004, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: Atl_Rabb_Fan ]</small>

Bellville22
01-16-2004, 01:36 PM
Thanks Rabb_Fan. You're the first Atl poster I've seen on here. Congrats on the title, you guys had an unbelievable team.