PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever blown up a microwave?

big daddy russ
03-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Mine's seen its better days. Gonna send it out with a bang. Any tips besides throw a bunch of forks and spoons in there?

piratebg
03-09-2007, 03:58 PM
I've never seen one blown up, but last week my wife put in a paper plate with an aluminum bottom. It caught fire. :D Coincidently, she also melted a whole on top of my son's tv on the same day. She put a little, scented candle on the tv and it burned through the little aluminum(I think that's what it is made of) container. We caught it before it could cause any real damage. Anyways, that was two appliances she could have blown up that day. :D

big daddy russ
03-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I've never seen one blown up, but last week my wife put in a paper plate with an aluminum bottom. It caught fire. :D Coincidently, she also melted a whole on top of my son's tv on the same day. She put a little, scented candle on the tv and it burned through the little aluminum(I think that's what it is made of) container. We caught it before it could cause any real damage. Anyways, that was two appliances she could have blown up that day. :D
Think it'd blow a fuse or anything if I let it keep running and blow up on its own?

crzyjournalist03
03-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Never blown up a microwave, but if you ever want to see what happens when you play with a high-powered magnet and your television set, I'd advise you to avoid it...

lepfan
03-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Iron Skillet + bacon grease + dish towl = EXCITEMENT!!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-09-2007, 07:11 PM
In my dorm days we used to put light bulbs in those microwaves, I wouldn't do it to one I was going to eat out of because you'll never get the glass all out but they make some insane colors and then blowup. You should try it. Then blow the whole thing to hell.

SintonFan
03-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Mine's seen its better days. Gonna send it out with a bang. Any tips besides throw a bunch of forks and spoons in there?
Check your PM Russ.;)

big daddy russ
03-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
In my dorm days we used to put light bulbs in those microwaves, I wouldn't do it to one I was going to eat out of because you'll never get the glass all out but they make some insane colors and then blowup. You should try it. Then blow the whole thing to hell.
No mas. It's a 1985 special and I'm getting a new one. We'll definitely try it.

Originally posted by SintonFan
Check your PM Russ.;)
Thanks, man. I'm on it.

DU_stud04
03-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
No mas. It's a 1985 special and I'm getting a new one. We'll definitely try it.

Thanks, man. I'm on it. i heard something about spray paint cans,..... put a bunch of them in there and ducted tape it shut.......get an extra long extension chord and set it.....from what i hear its a decent explosion, but idk....

SwtwtrMstngs04
03-10-2007, 05:47 PM
PUT A CD IN IT!

lepfan
03-10-2007, 05:55 PM
When my son worked at Subway they would put Frito packages in a microwave and turn it on....didn't damage the microwave, but it really made the packages look interesting.