PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful day!!

garageoffice
03-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Well, now we're getting into the real track season and today is a perfect example of one of the reasons I love track meets. It's a beautiful day and I get to spend most of this afternoon and tomorrow watching my daughter and her friends compete.

What could be better this time of year?

Bullaholic
03-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Which events, GO?

garageoffice
03-09-2007, 02:18 PM
My daughter's in the 100m hurdles, 300m hurdles, 4x400 relay and the high jump.

pirate4state
03-09-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm headed to Sinton's track meet in about an hour too!! It is a nice enough day, but there are some dark clouds to the west and north - hope the rain stays away!!

good luck to your daughter!

piratebg
03-09-2007, 02:23 PM
It is a pretty day today. And like all other beautiful days, I find myself indoors at work. I hate being a grown up sometimes. :bigcry: :helpme:

garageoffice
03-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm headed to Sinton's track meet in about an hour too!! It is a nice enough day, but there are some dark clouds to the west and north - hope the rain stays away!!

good luck to your daughter!

I hope the rain stays away, for your sake. Here, it's 75 and sunny right now. :D

Bullaholic
03-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by garageoffice
My daughter's in the 100m hurdles, 300m hurdles, 4x400 relay and the high jump.

She must be pretty quick, and tall, too. Best of luck to your daughter, GO.

LH Panther Mom
03-09-2007, 03:29 PM
:foul: :foul: :foul: I want to be in Ingram right now to watch the track meet. :weeping: :weeping:

garageoffice
03-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
She must be pretty quick, and tall, too. Best of luck to your daughter, GO.

She's a little under 5' 7" (only grown 1/2 inch since 7th grade) but has pretty good spring. She was always one of the tallest girls in her class until last year, but now I think she's reached her full growth. She's still developing in the area of quickness (she's just a freshman), but her hurdle form is pretty good and she's got the mental toughness for the 300s.

The biggest problem this year has been the fact that the hurdles coach was the girls head basketball coach, so he just started working with her this week because of the playoffs, and the high jump coach is the boys basketball coach and has only spent one day with her so far for the same reason.