PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young is Invincible and Incredible!

Phil C
03-09-2007, 10:47 AM
One can't help but be overcome with awe on this great person. He is the best football player ever and is a once in every two to three generation player. Most of us will not see another like him in our lifetime. He can run and pass. He has a different throwing arm but it gets the results. In his final year of college he was the No. 1 rated passer and winner of the Davy O'Brian Award. He has shown he can make it in the NFL as he won Rookie of the Year Award. He makes poor teams good, good teams great and great teams greater. He inspires coaches to continue coaching instead of retiring and he draws free agents like a magnet to steel. He is smart and intelligent as well as being an outstanding player. Remember otheres losing their cool instead of him after he scored the winning td against USC thus not risking a costly unsportsmanship penalty after the td. This was most important because it could have helped USC get a tie to put the game in overtime. He inspires his teammates. Defenses and Special Teams play well because of him even when he isn't playing. UT made that great fourth down stop because of the confidence they had in him scoring. When he has a rare off day players take up the slack for him because of the confidence in him. Besides a great player he is like having an inspirational person like Dr. Norman Vincent Pearle. He is also like having an extra coach on the team. He has never got into trouble or done anything to embarrass his school or city. He is incredible. Even with my alcolades I am understating my case. You can't compare him to anyone you can only do it vice versa and even then the others don't reach him. The man is just magnificient. After his football days he will be successful in whatever other profession he decides whether it be coaching or whatever. I hope he goes into the movies. He will be a great success and win some oscars is he does. He will win some super bowls before his career is through. He has proven his critics wrong that one wonders how he can be doubted. Before his last year in college some of his critics said he couldn't pass yet I mentioned his awards. Then they said he wouldn't make it in the pros and hello he is rookie of the year. Now they say he won't win the super bowl and when he does they will come up with something else like he can't repeat. They will always be critical and unbelieving but will look foolish time after time. He is the best and the greatest.

He is the man that little boys wish they could be like when they get older and the man that old men wish they were like when they were young. He is Vince Young. One of a kind.

kaorder1999
03-09-2007, 11:14 AM
who is this young guy named Vince?

BTEXDAD
03-09-2007, 11:18 AM
me thinks you are starting another controversial thread on downlow, Phil.

Good post!

JJ7997
03-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Phil, your a nastolgiac guy arent you ?

mustang04
03-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
One can't help but be overcome with awe on this great person. He is the best football player ever and is a once in every two to three generation player. Most of us will not see another like him in our lifetime. He can run and pass. He has a different throwing arm but it gets the results. In his final year of college he was the No. 1 rated passer and winner of the Davy O'Brian Award. He has shown he can make it in the NFL as he won Rookie of the Year Award. He makes poor teams good, good teams great and great teams greater. He inspires coaches to continue coaching instead of retiring and he draws free agents like a magnet to steel. He is smart and intelligent as well as being an outstanding player. Remember otheres losing their cool instead of him after he scored the winning td against USC thus not risking a costly unsportsmanship penalty after the td. This was most important because it could have helped USC get a tie to put the game in overtime. He inspires his teammates. Defenses and Special Teams play well because of him even when he isn't playing. UT made that great fourth down stop because of the confidence they had in him scoring. When he has a rare off day players take up the slack for him because of the confidence in him. Besides a great player he is like having an inspirational person like Dr. Norman Vincent Pearle. He is also like having an extra coach on the team. He has never got into trouble or done anything to embarrass his school or city. He is incredible. Even with my alcolades I am understating my case. You can't compare him to anyone you can only do it vice versa and even then the others don't reach him. The man is just magnificient. After his football days he will be successful in whatever other profession he decides whether it be coaching or whatever. I hope he goes into the movies. He will be a great success and win some oscars is he does. He will win some super bowls before his career is through. He has proven his critics wrong that one wonders how he can be doubted. Before his last year in college some of his critics said he couldn't pass yet I mentioned his awards. Then they said he wouldn't make it in the pros and hello he is rookie of the year. Now they say he won't win the super bowl and when he does they will come up with something else like he can't repeat. They will always be critical and unbelieving but will look foolish time after time. He is the best and the greatest.

He is the man that little boys wish they could be like when they get older and the man that old men wish they were like when they were young. He is Vince Young. One of a kind. :( :( that was beautiful

themsu97
03-09-2007, 12:04 PM
not to be critical Phil C... and I admit, I hope that he does prove the critics wrong but I do not see it happening... Young is still Michael Vick to me, until he wins the big one... teams will adjust and they will force him to beat them with his arm ( ie New England) until the back ups are in and it does not matter...
he is impressive but I do not buy the hype, of course I do not buy into much hype...
todays media is too much into the next great thing, they overhype... Vince, as impressive as he was, imo, was not even the best rookie last year, I still say it was either Colston or Jones- Drew...
right now though, unfortunately for VY, he will not be given much of chance since the Titans let go of Bennet (favorite target), Travis Henry ( great rb) or even Chris Brown... so he has nothing around him and that is not fair to any qb...
I have met VY at Mack Brown camp and it was only brief but he seems like a great guy...
but as I have posted before and will post again... at the Alex Brown camp, when the kids asked Urlacher who was the hardest qb to sack one of the kids said "Vick" which Urlacher responded,'Not for Me" then he said in the NFL we can all run...

BuffyMars
03-09-2007, 12:26 PM

He is the man that little boys wish they could be like when they get older and the man that old men wish they were like when they were young. He is Vince Young. One of a kind.

You read my mind. I do love my future baby's daddy! :inlove:

Txbroadcaster
03-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
not to be critical Phil C... and I admit, I hope that he does prove the critics wrong but I do not see it happening... Young is still Michael Vick to me, until he wins the big one... teams will adjust and they will force him to beat them with his arm ( ie New England) until the back ups are in and it does not matter...
he is impressive but I do not buy the hype, of course I do not buy into much hype...
todays media is too much into the next great thing, they overhype... Vince, as impressive as he was, imo, was not even the best rookie last year, I still say it was either Colston or Jones- Drew...
right now though, unfortunately for VY, he will not be given much of chance since the Titans let go of Bennet (favorite target), Travis Henry ( great rb) or even Chris Brown... so he has nothing around him and that is not fair to any qb...
I have met VY at Mack Brown camp and it was only brief but he seems like a great guy...
but as I have posted before and will post again... at the Alex Brown camp, when the kids asked Urlacher who was the hardest qb to sack one of the kids said "Vick" which Urlacher responded,'Not for Me" then he said in the NFL we can all run...

I think the biggest thing Young has over Vick, is that Young is already considered a better leader. We have started to see Vick implode, and as of NOW Young has not gotten close to that.

On Young running and Vick running..Vick is fast and has great moves..BUT he does not posses IMO the raw strength Young has in the open field.

themsu97
03-09-2007, 12:33 PM
good and valid points broadcaster... but I think what most people forget is that Vick early in his career led the Falcons to a playoff win at Lambeau and people thought he had those leadership skills as well...

what scares me for VY is how the Titans are showing that as long as they have VY they will win no matter who else is there, the same trap that the Falcons fell into, and Vick has since imploded since everyone is expecting him to do it... its one thing in college but it is another in the NFL...
I hope Vince can do it, I am just one of those that until he does, I do not want to hear how great people think he will be..
honestly, I think the whole Amhad Rashad and Bob Costas riding all over Michael Jordan's jock made me sick of sports casters...:mad: ;) :doh:

Txbroadcaster
03-09-2007, 12:35 PM
good and valid points broadcaster... but I think what most people forget is that Vick early in his career led the Falcons to a playoff win at Lambeau and people thought he had those leadership skills as well...

what scares me for VY is how the Titans are showing that as long as they have VY they will win no matter who else is there, the same trap that the Falcons fell into, and Vick has since imploded since everyone is expecting him to do it... its one thing in college but it is another in the NFL...
I hope Vince can do it, I am just one of those that until he does, I do not want to hear how great people think he will be..
honestly, I think the whole Amhad Rashad and Bob Costas riding all over Michael Jordan's jock made me sick of sports casters...:mad: ;) :doh:

Yea the love affair for Jordan sickened me as well

And yes when Vick was first with the Falcons he won alot and quickly..BUT I still dont remember leadership being considered one of his strong points

IMO Young will not truly take off until year 3...Like you said teams will be better prepared for him next year,, and he will and the titans wil have to adjust. But I think in year 3 it all comes together for him

BTEXDAD
03-09-2007, 01:06 PM

Agree for the most part, themsu97.
they do have a lot of draft picks, and can find someone that in long run may be even better, but I have no idea why they got rid of them at this time.

themsu97
03-09-2007, 01:23 PM
answer... Bud Adams is hoping that having VY is enough to try and stick to Houston... that man is a moron...

I feel the same way broadcaster and hope VY the best... but I willsay that part of me hopes he is not successful because of my disdain for Bud Adams... maybe by year 3 Adams will no longer be a part of the Titans and all will be well...

but just like part of me wished VY would had stayed in college for his sr. year and the Texans would have a shot at him now...
but I do not think that last year the Texans should have picked him because I feel he, like Bush, would have gotten killed behind that oline

Phil C
03-10-2007, 06:24 PM
The thing is that Vince would great in whatever profession he chose. It is just that it happens to be football which has made him wealthy. But he is the type that if he went into another profession such as the restaurant business he would have eventually went from waiter to cook to manager to successful owner. If he had gone into drama he would have eventually had a successful movie career.

DU_stud04
03-10-2007, 11:38 PM
The thing is that Vince would great in whatever profession he chose. It is just that it happens to be football which has made him wealthy. But he is the type that if he went into another profession such as the restaurant business he would have eventually went from waiter to cook to manager to successful owner. If he had gone into drama he would have eventually had a successful movie career. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

vince is a good athlete, but out of football he would be a struggling student not knowing what to do with his life. football saves some people, might be the story here, but for some people, without their sport, there is nothing left to the person.

JJ7997
03-11-2007, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

vince is a good athlete, but out of football he would be a struggling student not knowing what to do with his life. football saves some people, might be the story here, but for some people, without their sport, there is nothing left to the person.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I know, Phil talks like he grew up with the goy and is his best friend. Where you there through his college career Phil ? How where this intellectual marvel's grades ?

Emerson1
03-11-2007, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think the biggest thing Young has over Vick, is that Young is already considered a better leader. We have started to see Vick implode, and as of NOW Young has not gotten close to that.

On Young running and Vick running..Vick is fast and has great moves..BUT he does not posses IMO the raw strength Young has in the open field.
Rumor has it that during Pro Bowl week, after spending time with him players were whispering in his ear for the team to give their agents a call.

Titans need to get a big name receiver to help them out. What pick do they have in the draft?

bandera7
03-11-2007, 02:46 PM
VY is an amazing athlete, but PhilC, he was almost the first starting QB in the NFL to get single digits on that test...for some reason cant recall the name. he is not very intelligent...but he is an incredible athlete. You really cant argue that one.

DDBooger
03-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
VY is an amazing athlete, but PhilC, he was almost the first starting QB in the NFL to get single digits on that test...for some reason cant recall the name. he is not very intelligent...but he is an incredible athlete. You really cant argue that one. wonderlic test i believe