PDA

View Full Version : Jasper may well dominate 3A!

Old Cardinal
01-24-2002, 09:56 PM
We will soon know if Jasper comes back to 3A-they probably will. Remember Jasper was one of the final four in 4A this season. They only have to replace ONE starter from that incredible team. Jasper returns a great team capable of winning the 4A Championship ONLY they will be playing Division I 3A! Last year they beat a highly touted Ozen team by 56 points, they can explode at any time. There is one hitch however; Jasper's Coach has taken the job at Ozen to stay in 4A competition with a magnet team. Jasper returns everyone and should win State in 3A. Interstingly enough they will be the big school Div I rep for 21-3A-- that puts Bridge City with an all Senior 3A Div I final four team (enrollment 750) thrust into Division II. I really feel sorry for Barber's Hill in bi-district, they will be the apparent Div. I representative. Jasper will kill them.

Matthew328
01-25-2002, 08:09 AM
You are right Jasper is a team that could make a splash in 3A in a hurry...losing Brooks will hurt though..but there is some talent at Jasper

JKLL
01-25-2002, 05:22 PM
If you check the records you will see that Jasper scored in the last minute to barely nip Ozen.

Old Cardinal
01-25-2002, 08:40 PM
You are right JKLL-it was Port Arthur Jefferson that they smoked in bi-district. Then lost to a good Bay City team in the semi-finals. They were a little inconsistent being a Junior laden group, but should be ready next season..... I hear BC is moving one or two of their big fast athletes into the backfield next year. Those talented light backs took a beating last year. I just wish we had more Juniors coming up, it's going to be a long tough season next year. I hear Matt Peebles is up to 200# from pumping weights--- wow, speed plus weight means momentum. At 6' 3" he will be a prime College prospect for both Safety and a backfield spot.

BH_146
01-27-2002, 12:41 AM
Old Card, kinda early to start feeling sorry for us. But hey, I watched the Jasper-Forest Brook game. Wow! You're right. One might catch a cold from the breeze. But that is a long way off. And with eight holes to fill just on the offensive side of the ball, the thought of being able to play Jasper sounds quite appealing right now. Again, November is a long way off http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

bccards
01-27-2002, 05:29 PM
I Really don't think that we will see much change. I believe that Jasper will stay in 4A, as well WOS and Silsbee.. The most likely scenario is that Newton moves down to 2A, and then 21-3A will need to have an added team, probably being Kountze if they don't move down to 2A as well. This is what I believe will be the 21-3A schedule to be come next Monday, Feb. 4: (The # is () is the number of students the school district turned in)
Heres the CURRENT 2000-01 Alignment Table:
5A 1865 and above
4A 845 to 1864
3A 345 to 844
2A 170 to 344
A 169 and below
------------------
21-3A
BC (754)
OField (492)
Kountze (366)
Kirbyville (480)
Woodville (??)
Buna (??)
Possibly 2A:
Newton (353)

[This message has been edited by bccards (edited January 27, 2002).]

Old Cardinal
01-27-2002, 10:20 PM
To: BH-146 I had not heard from you in a while, thought you might have abandoned the site till summer....I was grinning when I wrote this, cause I knew I can always rattle your cage. I think everyone will have a hard time if Jasper makes it into 3A. Byrd is a great Baseball Coach, do you think he can bring BH to the Dist. Championship with the new replacements? Who do you feel is your competition in Dist.? Are you playing in any tournaments over this way?.........On the previous post on alignment-it would seem that the top side of 3A alignment could easily reach Jasper, that could be an interesting scanerio.

Old Cardinal
01-27-2002, 10:26 PM
To: BH-146 I had not heard from you in a while, thought you might have abandoned the site till summer....I was grinning when I wrote this, cause I knew I can always rattle your cage. I think everyone will have a hard time if Jasper makes it into 3A. Byrd is a great Baseball Coach, do you think he can bring BH to the Dist. Championship with the new replacements? Who do you feel is your competition in Dist.? Are you playing in any tournaments over this way?.........On the previous post on alignment-it would seem that the top side of 3A alignment could easily reach Jasper, that could be an interesting scenerio.

BIG_UNIT
01-28-2002, 10:04 AM
JASPER IS LOSING 20 SENIORS--- ALL THE RECIEVERS, 2 OL STARTERS, 4 SECONDARY STARTERS,2 DL STARTERS, THE KICKER, THE PUNTER, AND BOTH STARTING LB'S. THEY WERE NOT VERY GOOD ON THE J.V OR FRESHMEN LEVEL.
SO THEY MAY BE A FORCE IN AAA, BUT LETS NOT HAND THEM THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Old Cardinal
01-28-2002, 12:52 PM
Did not a lot of the "Starters" you mentioned start against the weaker teams in order to "Letter" the Seniors on the squad and reduce the number of injuries to prepare for Post Season. An effort to get a number of people well, before Post Season started.

3Aroy
01-28-2002, 09:09 PM
BIG_UNIT is right. Jasper should not be as good as they were last year. They are losing some key players and also Brooks, the head coach. Jasper had a weak J.V team that was pounded last season by Newton. If Jasper drops to 3A, they will be tough, but they will have their hands full with a few 3A teams.

BH_146
01-29-2002, 03:50 PM
Old Card, the baseball coaches will have a challenge in replacing the seniors from last year. Also, a couple of players we were counting on decided not to play including one that started. But they have some young players who will bust their tail trying to succeed and maybe by the time district starts we can be competitive. I look for H-J and Huffman to be the top contenders. Our tournaments are Sealy, Columbus and our own. And none of the non-district games are that direction. As far as being gone from the board, I have been very busy with my own site and other obligations. By the end of the day, I have to get away from the computer. But I will be logged in on the day of re-alignment.

www.eteamz.com/bheagles (http://www.eteamz.com/bheagles)

[This message has been edited by BH_146 (edited January 29, 2002).]

eye of the tiger
01-29-2002, 07:25 PM
Nice web site BH. I enjoyed my visit there.

Old Cardinal
01-31-2002, 06:01 PM
BH that is a wonderful website......Well I guess Jasper maybe wont stomp BC and BH after all....Maybe my Coaches' info was not as accurate after all Ole 3A Roy is pretty dependable on football info. If you go on www.trianglefootball.net (http://www.trianglefootball.net) there is a schedule of BC Softball and Baseball tournaments-under Baseball. If you have time time read the General Discussion on ASA vs LL- its kind of sad but funny. If BH vs BC at any tournaments, I would like to meet you at the flagpole.

BH_146
02-01-2002, 06:15 PM
Old Card, our girl's softball team will be playing in BC's tournament but unfortunately I already have the weekend booked. I would think that BC's tournament should be a good test for our girls. Our team will have to overcome the loss of a senior pitcher again. Last year's two time all-district pitcher injuried her knee and missed the season. She had practically pitched almost every game since her sophmore year. It took much of the year, but one junior girl stepped up and her pitching helped carry the team 3 rounds deep. With most of the other starters coming back, the outlook was bright. Then this pitcher decided not to play; rather work.
As far as the BC site, I have been there a few times. As a matter of fact, the administrator has a link to my site as I do his. Last year and a couple of times early in the football season this year, I posted but lately I have just read some of the posts. And since grayfox started posting, I just might get toasted there. I'll probably show up though when the baseball season really gets rolling. There are some good baseball people in BC. And I hope the BC coaches do their website again this year. I enjoyed reading theirs and Woodville's.