PDA

View Full Version : Kids at Track Meets

kepdawg
03-09-2007, 12:33 AM
I have come to the conclusion that most kids don't know how to act at track meets. I am in favor of snipers with free reign to take out any kids out of line. This especially goes for kids crossing the track in the middle of a race!

BullFrog Dad
03-09-2007, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I have come to the conclusion that most kids don't know how to act at track meets. I am in favor of snipers with free reign to take out any kids out of line. This especially goes for kids crossing the track in the middle of a race! You're talking about teenagers that have to be at the school as early as 5:00am(Saturday meets) and not getting back home until 10:00pm. In other words they have a long day with lots of down time. I've been to about thirty HS track meets and have never seen much of a problem. Best advice to you is stay home. You sound like you're about to go postal.

3afan
03-09-2007, 08:08 AM
he's probably referring to grade school kids - coaches kids, etc. - who are brought and just left to run loose .... "normal" students not involved with the meet would not (should not) be allowed inside the fenced area, just like at a football game

LH Panther Mom
03-09-2007, 08:19 AM
We almost had a collision at our track meet a couple of years ago when a little old lady crossed the track in the middle of a race. :doh:

BullFrog Dad
03-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
he's probably referring to grade school kids - coaches kids, etc. - who are brought and just left to run loose .... "normal" students not involved with the meet would not (should not) be allowed inside the fenced area, just like at a football game I understand what you're saying and the 'track kids only' inside the fence is a good solution. I found his sniper remark to be way out of line even if it was posted in jest.

BullFrog Dad
03-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
We almost had a collision at our track meet a couple of years ago when a little old lady crossed the track in the middle of a race. :doh: She's lucky kepdawg wasn't there.

themsu97
03-09-2007, 09:19 AM
their kids, they will do something that is stupid at some point, especially when they get bored... they are right that it lasts a long time and all things considered, they act very well overall... if there is only one or two incidents at a track meet, that is a good thing considering the amount of kids involved

Adidas410s
03-09-2007, 09:34 AM
just tell them to turn left...it will all be ok then! ;)

bulldogman06
03-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Oh, I remember track meets, other kids act stupid because they have nothing better to do. if that was the case for us, one of our coaches had us follow him around with the notepad and record jump distances and times. i hated track meets because it showed me how stupid some people my age really are. oh, and ps, lighten up bullfrog dad, i laughed at the sniper thing, because I know kepdawg wasnt serious. if the remark was serious, then i would have arranged for kepdawg to be "taken care of"...

P.S. just so you know, I wasnt serious

P.S.S. seriously, I wasnt serious

JJ7997
03-09-2007, 09:41 AM
I have come to the conclusion that most kids don't know how to act at track meets. I am in favor of snipers with free reign to take out any kids out of line. This especially goes for kids crossing the track in the middle of a race!

Dude, dont even joke around like that. Us parents already have enough crazy A-holes to worry about out there !

Now if you want to turn your sights on the child molesters and predators I'm right there with you !

pirate4state
03-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
he's probably referring to grade school kids - coaches kids, etc. - who are brought and just left to run loose .... "normal" students not involved with the meet would not (should not) be allowed inside the fenced area, just like at a football game

parents who let their kids run loose drive me nuts - they are the same idiots later crying on tv b/c their kids been mistreated, hurt and or missing. hey, here's an idea - take care of your kids and if you can't do it - get someone who can!

BullFrog Dad
03-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
oh, and ps, lighten up bullfrog dad, i laughed at the sniper thing, because I know kepdawg wasnt serious. if the remark was serious, then i would have arranged for kepdawg to be "taken care of"...

P.S. just so you know, I wasnt serious

P.S.S. seriously, I wasnt serious Sorry but I stand by my posts. Some day if you have a family you'll understand that I am right. At least I hope you will have the wisdom to know I'm right.

BullFrog Dad
03-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
parents who let their kids run loose drive me nuts - they are the same idiots later crying on tv b/c their kids been mistreated, hurt and or missing. hey, here's an idea - take care of your kids and if you can't do it - get someone who can! Also the ones who let the little old ladies run loose!

Black_Magic
03-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Im a proud dad this morning. My daughter (7th graders) had a big night last night. Won the Discus, 4th in the shot put, 2nd in the 200 ( ran a 30.1) 1st in the 4X200 and 2nd in the 4X400.:D

pirate4state
03-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
Also the ones who let the little old ladies run loose!

Well she should know better, shouldn't she? ;)

Ranger Mom
03-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Sorry but I stand by my posts. Some day if you have a family you'll understand that I am right. At least I hope you will have the wisdom to know I'm right.

I guess I don't have any wisdom, because I have 5 kids and what kepdawg said didn't offend me, worry me, or bother me in the least.

I KNEW he wasn't serious!:rolleyes:

DaHop72
03-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
parents who let their kids run loose drive me nuts - they are the same idiots later crying on tv b/c their kids been mistreated, hurt and or missing. hey, here's an idea - take care of your kids and if you can't do it - get someone who can! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

JJ7997
03-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Still, nobody needs to be play - talkin' about anybody bein' shot. Until you have to do it yourself , dont bring it up. Taking somebody's life aint joke material to me. When you've lived in Baquba or Falluja or Ramadi be quiet about slingin' lead. I dont mean t be rude, its just touchy to me thats all.

Ranger Mom
03-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Still, nobody needs to be play - talkin' about anybody bein' shot. Until you have to do it yourself , dont bring it up. Taking somebody's life aint joke material to me. When you've lived in Baquba or Falluja or Ramadi be quiet about slingin' lead. I dont mean t be rude, its just touchy to me thats all.

Sometimes when you are among "friends" you make jokes you may not otherwise make in other places.

I think kepdawg felt he was among friends and would not be so harshly judged.

I guess when my husband tells our spoiled rotten dog and "you ain't worth shooting" I should get all bent out of shape!

GEEEZ...Lighten up....it was a freaking joke made among FRIENDS!!!

kaorder1999
03-09-2007, 10:37 AM
EVERYONE RELAX....ITS FRIDAY!

http://www.psoriasisconnect.com/images/Relaxation.jpg

BullFrog Dad
03-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Sometimes when you are among "friends" you make jokes you may not otherwise make in other places.

I think kepdawg felt he was among friends and would not be so harshly judged.

I guess when my husband tells our spoiled rotten dog and "you ain't worth shooting" I should get all bent out of shape!

GEEEZ...Lighten up....it was a freaking joke made among FRIENDS!!! Sorry ma'am but he's not a friend of mine. In fact why don't you forward this thread to the FCC and get their opinion on it.

Ranger Mom
03-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Sorry ma'am but he's not a friend of mine. In fact why don't you forward this thread to the FCC and get their opinion on it.

Im not the one who has a problem with it.

But to each their own!

pirate4state
03-09-2007, 10:44 AM
:doh:

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

kaorder1999
03-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Sorry ma'am but he's not a friend of mine. In fact why don't you forward this thread to the FCC and get their opinion on it.

are you serious? FCC? Unbelievable!

mustang04
03-09-2007, 10:46 AM
sounds to me like some ppl on here are getting booty hurt

kepdawg...i laughed cuz i said the same thing before but about kids screaming and hollaring around stores haha

mustang04
03-09-2007, 10:47 AM
i knew some ppl from lake-worth...and i could tell there just wasn't something right about them....but oh well, guess i wont fret over it too much:D :D

Phil C
03-09-2007, 10:48 AM
LET THERE BE NO VIOLENCE WHERE ONLY LOVE SHOULD BE!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

mustang04
03-09-2007, 10:50 AM

ok.....lets compare how many ppl on here have been there and how many havent....i think you might be outnumbered....this is 3adownlow.com, not the jungles of Guatemala, Barbequea, or Fajita.....we aren't going to those places with these jokes...your bringing that negativism HERE

Ranger Mom
Originally posted by Phil C
LET THERE BE NO VIOLENCE WHERE ONLY LOVE SHOULD BE!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Well...to tell you the truth, I've seen plenty of that ('love') going on UNDER the stands at track meets too!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

JJ7997
Ok, I wasnt getting butt-hurt or anything, so please dont chastise me. I wasnt being rude or anything. Its just my oppinion, dont hate me for it. I just asked to not joke about killing. Thats all. I know it was JOKING, but give or take a few words and YOU would have had a problem with it. Just goes to show how blurry the line actually is. Knowing how things are run like G.W. was in charge around this board I'm probably a gonner now !

Phil C
03-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Well...to tell you the truth, I've seen plenty of that ('love') going on UNDER the stands at track meets too!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Say it isn't so RM! :( :eek:

They go there to watch the events not make out! :mad:

kaorder1999
03-09-2007, 10:53 AM

and on the busses!

Bubba-Joe
SIMMER DOWN FOLKS
Great Horny Toads has the world gone crazy

It was a joke.......
was it in poor taste
guess that all depends on how you like your humor

ITS FRIDAY

LIGHTEN UP FRANCES............

mustang04
Ok, I wasnt getting butt-hurt or anything, so please dont chastise me. I wasnt being rude or anything. Its just my oppinion, dont hate me for it. I just asked to not joke about killing. Thats all. I know it was JOKING, but give or take a few words and YOU would have had a problem with it. Just goes to show how blurry the line actually is. Knowing how things are run like G.W. was in charge around this board I'm probably a gonner now !

well..i didn't say any names or point any fingers, and i know you weren't being rude....you're right there is a blurry line..but i think we on here have good enough judgement to know a joke from an issue

if kepdawg said "The need to be killed" then yeah that might be a little over the line...but his wording, in my opinion, wasn't over the line

Bubba-Joe
03-09-2007, 10:55 AM
HEY LOOKIE THERE

BUBBA JOE BREAKS 1000

CALLS FOR A CELEBRATION

Ranger Mom
03-09-2007, 10:55 AM

Just lighten up a little bit please!

Most of us have known kepdawg for a while now, so we have a hard time taking something like that seriously from him....as I would with most people on here.

I just didn't appreciate reading that I must be "without wisdom" since I have kids and didn't agree with what Bulldogdad said!

No sense making a mountain out of a molehill...take it for what it was, a joke about controlling unruly kids....no more, no less!!

JJ7997
03-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Thats cool man, I dont want to be the A-hole on here, I'll shut up !

Bullaholic
03-09-2007, 10:56 AM

Phil, I am shocked.....:blush: :D

JJ7997
03-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Anyway, back to the subject, whats the craziest thing you've seen a kid do at a meet ?

kaorder1999
03-09-2007, 10:58 AM
THought this would lighten up the mood. When all else fails a picture of a rabbit with pancakes on its head has to work!!

http://img207.exs.cx/img207/6490/oolong1wa.jpg

Ranger Mom
03-09-2007, 10:59 AM

It IS an event, just not one they get a medal for.......officially anyway!!:eek:

kaorder1999
03-09-2007, 11:00 AM
It IS an event, just not one they get a medal for.......officially anyway!!:eek:

sometimes they end up with a trophy...they just get it a few months later!

mustang04
03-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Anyway, back to the subject, whats the craziest thing you've seen a kid do at a meet ?

well....back when i was young and innocent, (7th grade), i saw a guy and a girl having "intercourse" on a school bus during the meet...they were 8th graders....i was like "wow...ummmm....yeah....i'm ...gonna go...watch....the mile relay or...sumthin......yeah..."

kaorder1999
03-09-2007, 11:01 AM
ok...this thread has gotten WAY off topic!

JJ7997
03-09-2007, 11:01 AM
The rabbit helps alot, more than you could know.

JJ7997
03-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
well....back when i was young and innocent, (7th grade), i saw a guy and a girl having "intercourse" on a school bus during the meet...they were 8th graders....i was like "wow...ummmm....yeah....i'm ...gonna go...watch....the mile relay or...sumthin......yeah..."

Darn ! Thats a start !

pirate4state
Originally posted by kaorder1999
THought this would lighten up the mood. When all else fails a picture of a rabbit with pancakes on its head has to work!!

LMAO! I have never understood these pictures. :confused:

mustang68
rabbit and a side order of pancakes
:D :D :D

kaorder1999

when I saw that picture for the first time I laughed for about 20 mins straight!

JJ7997
03-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Does the rabbit come in BBQ ?

Ranger Mom
Someone needs to post that clip that was on here year or so ago.....

It wasn't HS, but that guy is doing the long jump or triple jump and that girl walks in front of him and he plows her over....does anyone remember that??

44INAROW
Originally posted by mustang68
rabbit and a side order of pancakes
:D :D :D

all that's missing is the peanut butter:D

kaorder1999
just think about it...you are having a HORRIBLE day and you get home and sitting in your living room floor there is a rabbit with pancakes on his head. How could you NOT forget about your horrible day??

mustang04
03-09-2007, 11:04 AM

it's a FLAPJACK-Rabbit!!!!!:D

pirate4state

LOL! Yeah, one year on our way back home from the Regional Meet in Kingsville (hotter than hell Kingsville) and these two love birds were covered from the neck down in a heavy ass quilt - yeah - it ain't that cold!!! :D

JJ7997
After all the directions this thread has taken, I thought it was welcome compared to all the A&M-UT threads !

BullFrog Dad
03-09-2007, 11:06 AM
i knew some ppl from lake-worth...and i could tell there just wasn't something right about them....but oh well, guess i wont fret over it too much:D :D Speaking for the folks of Lake Worth 'We're Crushed'.

Bullaholic
03-09-2007, 11:06 AM
I sure wish school districts would find a way to move track season a little later in the spring. Those poor kids nearly freeze to death in those track unis. I nearly froze at several years ago, and I was wearing a coat.

mustang68
03-09-2007, 11:07 AM
I sure hope no one wants to shoot the rabbit:eek:

mustang04
03-09-2007, 11:09 AM
I sure hope no one wants to shoot the rabbit:eek:

that wascallwy wabbit

pirate4state
03-09-2007, 11:12 AM
I sure hope no one wants to shoot the rabbit:eek: LMAO

mustang68
03-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Elmer Fudd was spotted at the Colisium last night:devil:

mustang04
03-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Elmer Fudd was spotted at the Colisium last night:devil:

huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh.....< his laugh

Phil C
03-09-2007, 11:15 AM

Excellent choosing mustang. :)

JJ7997
03-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Reminds me of that old movie " Night of the Lepus " in black and white with thos giant man eating rabbits !

mustang04
03-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Reminds me of that old movie " Night of the Lepus " in black and white with thos giant man eating rabbits !

they made a colored one....it was like from the 60's or 70's hahahaha

JJ7997
03-09-2007, 11:18 AM
That was too funny !

kepdawg
03-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Is there a lawyer on the board that would be willing to prepare an apology like someone always does for an athlete when they say something stupid? ;)

Seriously, I said it, so I am on my own. I will take full responsibility for my remarks. In retrospect, I realize the insensitive nature of my remarks and I apologize. At no point in time should taking someone's life be joked about. I assure you that I was in no way serious and I am in no way a threat to you or your children.

Unfortunately this is one of those situations where I feel I can't actually DO anything to make the situation better, so you will have to trust me. With the comment that started this discussion, I can understand why some would have trouble trusting me. I ask that as my friends (and fellow citizens to those who do not consider me a friend), that you continue to hold me accountable. If I am out of line, let me know. The odds are in my favor that I will be out of line at some time in the future. I will do my best; however, to not make the same mistake. Also, I would greatly appreciate it if you would pray for wisdom for me that in the future I will not repeat my actions.

Once again, I do realize that it is never appropriate to joke about taking someone's life. If you feel the need, feel free to send me a private message and I will discuss further. I will provide my phone number or I am willing to meet in person. I do not want this situation to be what you base your opinion of me on. I screwed up!

Children of all ages bring so much joy to my life, especially through UIL athletic competitions. I do not desire to see anything negative happen to anyone.

Finally, I will apologize once more. I screwed up! I hope to make better decisions in the future!

mustang59
03-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Is there a lawyer on the board that would be willing to prepare an apology like someone always does for an athlete when they say something stupid? ;)

Seriously, I said it, so I am on my own. I will take full responsibility for my remarks. In retrospect, I realize the insensitive nature of my remarks and I apologize. At no point in time should taking someone's life be joked about. I assure you that I was in no way serious and I am in no way a threat to you or your children.

Unfortunately this is one of those situations where I feel I can't actually DO anything to make the situation better, so you will have to trust me. With the comment that started this discussion, I can understand why some would have trouble trusting me. I ask that as my friends (and fellow citizens to those who do not consider me a friend), that you continue to hold me accountable. If I am out of line, let me know. The odds are in my favor that I will be out of line at some time in the future. I will do my best; however, to not make the same mistake. Also, I would greatly appreciate it if you would pray for wisdom for me that in the future I will not repeat my actions.

Once again, I do realize that it is never appropriate to joke about taking someone's life. If you feel the need, feel free to send me a private message and I will discuss further. I will provide my phone number or I am willing to meet in person. I do not want this situation to be what you base your opinion of me on. I screwed up!

Children of all ages bring so much joy to my life, especially through UIL athletic competitions. I do not desire to see anything negative happen to anyone.

Finally, I will apologize once more. I screwed up! I hope to make better decisions in the future!
I think most people know you were joking and not making an actual threat to anyone. We've all been guilty of saying sometime that was meant to be funny and had it offend someone. It's all good and you're a decent person for apologizing.

mustang68
03-09-2007, 01:02 PM
I really wanted to blast your appology for the politaclly correct BS that it is, but having reread I can only take it as a tongue in cheek satire.
If it is not please shoot me.

kepdawg
03-09-2007, 01:14 PM
I really wanted to blast your appology for the politaclly correct BS that it is, but having reread I can only take it as a tongue in cheek satire.
If it is not please shoot me.

No satire intended. I was insensitive and I screwed up. Sorry if you thought it was just BS.

BullFrog Dad
03-09-2007, 01:48 PM

Finally, I will apologize once more. I screwed up! I hope to make better decisions in the future! kepdawg, This post is one of the highest acts of class I've seen anywhere in a long time. If I were in a similar situation I'm not sure that I could do the same thing. No hard feelings from me and God bless you and your family. Sidenote to mustang04: There is some truth about some people in LW not quite being right. Heck our mascot is the Bullfrog for crying out loud!!!

Ranger Mom
03-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Heck our mascot is the Bullfrog for crying out loud!!!

Funnest run-through sign I ever got to make too!!:D :D

Bullaholic
03-09-2007, 03:09 PM

I think you are being a little too hard on yourself, Kep. I've met you at a game and you seem to be a fine young man who loves kids and their athletics. It's really good to see someone who takes responsibility for what they say and is willing to apologize for any offense they may have caused.

Ranger Mom
03-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think you are being a little too hard on yourself, Kep. I've met you at a game and you seem to be a fine young man who loves kids and their athletics.

Amen and Amen!

mustang68
03-09-2007, 04:41 PM
I am not being insensitive, but goodness gracious it waas a joke.
We will soon not be able to say anything.
Bush was attacked for giving someone a compliment by having the unmitigated gall to call them "articulate".
If someone is so easily offended on this board I'M OUT OF HERE.

Shoot me and put me out of my misery.

One of my favorite sayings is "cats make good speedbumps" If you are offended; get over it; deal with it; consider me a boor and ignore me, but please don't come on here and whine about an insensitive joke:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Buccaneer
03-09-2007, 04:44 PM
ok.....lets compare how many ppl on here have been there and how many havent....i think you might be outnumbered....this is 3adownlow.com, not the jungles of Guatemala, Barbequea, or Fajita.....we aren't going to those places with these jokes...your bringing that negativism HERE
Where are jungles of Barbequea and Fajita? They sound delicious!

bulldogman06
03-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Kepdawg, the apology was good, but I thought unnecessary. This is not intended to be offensive, but everyone who goes out of their way not to offend anyone has no life at all. grow a pair, say what you think, joke about what you like, and move on. if you dont think its funny, dont laugh. if you do think its funny, laugh. Bullfrog Dad, you have as much right to say you didnt like the joke as kepdawg had of sayin it. I dont understand why everyone tries to make everyone else happy. it will make you miserable. fcc? id love for them to come. who gives them the right to tell anyone what they can and cannot say? this is still a free country, thank God. Im trying not to pick sides, just callin it like I see it, and what I see is two people who dont know each other misunderstanding intentions and it escalating from there. but, since I had been back, its looks like yall resolved it, so this post was completely unnecessary. but im postin it anyway. gotta get them numbers up! hehehe

pirate4state
03-09-2007, 11:35 PM
well, i saw some of them kids today at our track meet :devil: :D