PDA

View Full Version : used car advise

44INAROW
03-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Ok - looks like we're going to be in the market for a "new to him" vehicle for little44 - (he'll love that I am talking about him on the board NOT) anyway - his Jeep is on life-support as we speak and looks like we're going to be replacing it sooner than we anticipated - He really wants a Explorer Sport Trac - any of you'll have experience with the Sport Trac? We're just at the beginning stages of looking anyway - any comments, suggestions welcome :cool:

garageoffice
03-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Ok - looks like we're going to be in the market for a "new to him" vehicle for little44 - (he'll love that I am talking about him on the board NOT) anyway - his Jeep is on life-support as we speak and looks like we're going to be replacing it sooner than we anticipated - He really wants a Explorer Sport Trac - any of you'll have experience with the Sport Trac? We're just at the beginning stages of looking anyway - any comments, suggestions welcome :cool:

Neighbors on both sides of me each have one and they love them. I don't know anything personally, though.

AP Panther Fan
03-08-2007, 03:57 PM
I liked the "look" of the explorer sport Trac, but being a mom, I opted for the regular explorer with the fold down third row seat (seats 7, me + 6 kids on a really bad day).;)

LH Panther Mom
03-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I liked the "look" of the explorer sport Trac, but being a mom, I opted for the regular explorer with the fold down third row seat (seats 7, me + 6 kids on a really bad day).;) 44 being a mom and it being for little 44, she might not want the fold down seat. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

44INAROW
03-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
44 being a mom and it being for little 44, she might not want the fold down seat. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:
especially if it's an automatic fold-down seat :eek: :eek: :)

lepfan
03-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
44 being a mom and it being for little 44, she might not want the fold down seat. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: LOL.....True, so true!!!!

crabman
03-08-2007, 09:11 PM
What ended up wrong with the Jeep. It sounded like a bucket of crap when you were trying to start it out in the driveway.

BTW, the former athletic secretary drives a Sport Trac.

gobbler grad
03-08-2007, 09:30 PM

maybe he can go car shopping with lil' C this week...:eek: since he thinks my money tree is in full blossom...NOTTTTTT...:doh:

Astrosdawg07
03-08-2007, 09:34 PM
I work for Jasper Ford in the service department and we never have problems w/ the Sport Trac I'd say it would be a great choice...

TexanAlum_06
03-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Sport Tracs are great. You should come by one from me in san marcos at Red Simon Ford. lol.

gobbler grad
03-08-2007, 09:39 PM
What's a good vehicle for someone who is 6'4 and about 270 lbs.
some type of Dodge. preferably...??????? just not a Ford

oh, and brand new...:mad:

SintonFan
03-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Yall are gonna buy him a vehicle? I'd make him earn it. Are yall looking to adopt btw?;)

garageoffice
03-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Sport Tracs are great. You should come by one from me in san marcos at Red Simon Ford. lol.

That's funny! I was passin' through San Marcos a few weeks ago and had some time to kill on my way to SA. I stopped off for something to eat and then went and looked at the Sport Tracs at Red Simon Ford!

Hahahaha! Small world!

44INAROW
03-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by crabman
What ended up wrong with the Jeep. It sounded like a bucket of crap when you were trying to start it out in the driveway.

BTW, the former athletic secretary drives a Sport Trac.

- The noise was something about bearings or something like that. - 1st off - the mechanic replaced the "idle arm" - that is what was making the HORRIFIC clanging noise - but it seems some bearings are messed up - so, we went on and left the jeep at Cuero Automotive for another night - he's going to put heavy duty oil in it and see if he can lube up the bearings (?) Might have mis-translated some of that.... we knew we'd be getting something different for him to drive to college - this just threw us into gear (pun intended lol) sooner than we anticipated.