PDA

View Full Version : I don't Understand Jay-Z's decision to sell Rocawear clothing line????

Fotbol
03-08-2007, 02:59 PM
JAY-Z SELLS ROCAWEAR FOR $204 MILLION
By: . EURWeb
Mar. 08, 2007

Print Email Not Avail

Company joins Joe Boxer, Candies and Ocean Pacific under Iconix Brand Group
This article is provided courtesy of our partner eurweb.com

It was announced Tuesday (March 6) that Jay-Z is unloading his Rocawear clothing label for $204 million in cash to the Iconix Brand Group, a company that licenses and markets such brands as Candies, Joe Boxer, Mudd, London Fog and Ocean Pacific.

According to reports, the deal could also net Jigga $35 million in Iconix stock, if the 12-year-old Rocawear brand meets certain performance requirements over the next three to five years.

Under the agreement, Jay-Z will continue to oversee all product development, marketing and licensing for Rocawear, which reportedly earns over $700 million in annual retail sales. He’ll also retain his stake in the operating company that manufactures the Rocawear men's apparel line.

"Iconix is pioneering a new brand management model and by combining Rocawear with their platform, my team and I can focus on our strengths in design and lifestyle marketing." Jay-Z said. "I'm also looking forward to working with [CEO] Neil Cole and the Iconix organization on other brand development opportunities."

Iconix believes its venture with Rocawear will generate almost $43 million in royalty revenue during the first 12 months of the agreement.

Meanwhile, Iconix and Jay-Z have also reached a deal to form a new brand management/licensing company that will debut a new luxury brand titled The Shawn Carter Collection, which is due in stores in 2008.

Fotbol
03-08-2007, 03:03 PM
First this guy comes to Texas and steals one of the most finest woman to ever come out of Texas (Beyonce' Knowles) fellas do you agree? Then the guy retires from Rapping, but I hear him more now then I did when he was active. Part-onwer of the New Jersey Nets(Which he's trying to move out of Jersey) Did I mentioned he stole one of Texas finest (Beyonce' Knowles):thinking:

Matthew328
03-08-2007, 03:24 PM
never wore too much Rocawear....more of a Sean John guy myself....but what is up with him getting more airplay now than after his retirement??

Matthew328
03-08-2007, 03:25 PM
I am upset about Beyonce...but I can't hate....its not in my DNA

Fotbol
03-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I am upset about Beyonce...but I can't hate....its not in my DNA Yeah I guess she's one that got away! Jay-Z is one of my favorite rappers, but I wear all kinds of clothes, Polo, Sean Jean, Fubu, Rockwear, Jordan, Red Monkey, LaCoste', Evisu,, Nautica, Nike, Gucci, Phat Farm, Stacey Adams, Kenneth Cole, Cohaans, and a whole heap of others I can remember right now.

District303aPastPlayer
03-09-2007, 10:17 AM
You do realize that he isn't retired anymore right? Since the release of Kingdom Come he hasn't been retired... You do realize that this means Pro Keds is now owned by that same group, seeing as how they are owned by the ROC. I think, i'm not sure, but Dame Dash has a part of some part of what used to be Roc-A-Fella and Roc-A-Wear...

JJ7997
03-09-2007, 10:39 AM
I dont understand why anyone would give a damn ?

District303aPastPlayer
03-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
I dont understand why anyone would give a damn ?

don't like it, don't open it. its that simple. didnt know you had a problem with pop culture as a whole though... hip hop is pop culture, whether anyone wants to admit it... its a given...

District303aPastPlayer
03-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
never wore too much Rocawear....more of a Sean John guy myself....but what is up with him getting more airplay now than after his retirement??

it seems like right after he announced his retirement, he went on EVERYBODY'S remix...