PDA

View Full Version : Bellville22's Player of the Week

Bellville22
11-15-2003, 01:44 PM
Sorry I've been slacking a little, Pud. But I'll make it a point to name a POW each week now in the playoffs.

Another great team effort by the Bulls again this week. But mine goes to QB Jess Buenger.

This young man has been the leader of this team all year. He's a true field general out there, and leads with his words and his play. Early in the year at the Rice game, i noticed a look in his eye that no one was gonna stop them. He's maintained this focus, and it's spread to the entire team. He stepped up his game another notch last night as the playoffs roll around. He played only the first half, but put up numbers comparable to two games. He was 8 of 11 throwing, for 223 yards and 4 TDs. He was simply in the zone tonight, putting passes right where they needed to be all night. I believe he connected with 5 different receivers, 3 different for the TDs. His favorite target, Goeke, had only one catch, showing the state that if you want to take him away, there's plenty of other weapons on the field. Jess also had some key rushing yards. Early in the game the Buffs got some decent pressure on Jess, and played great coverage in the secondary, he tucked it, made a few ball fakes, and picked up some key first downs and yardage, which really demoralized Giddings early. From there, he rolled, as did the Bulls.

Congrats to Jess, and to the entire Brahma team tonight. Tremendous effort, and tremendous statement.

And a shout out to little (or younger, at least) Buenger. Justin saw quite a bit of field tonight as the call-ups saw some action. His first taste of HS Football Playoffs.

Bellville22
11-17-2003, 10:49 PM
ttt

Pudlugger
11-17-2003, 11:18 PM
Man, what an effort. Congratulations Jess. :)

BrahmaMom
11-18-2003, 07:59 AM
Gotta concur with your POW-he had an awesome night. I still love to watch them rush him and then watch him tuck and run--surprises the fool out of the other guys! Jess just deversified! He's a great athlete and leader, whatever field he's on. It isn't two often two siblings get to play in a game together, I can think of a handful and Bellville has more than most schools, so I know it was a thrill for the Buenger parents and granddad (and relatives) to see both brothers play in the same game. I know how I felt about it, and the next set of boys will probably give me the same gift, but it is a wonderful experience for a mom. Anyway, congrats to #2, younger brother, and family on a special night! I know it had to be videotaped for posterity!