PDA

View Full Version : I get a mother of the year vote!!!!

lepfan
03-08-2007, 02:31 AM
Apparently my daughter and her friends went...wellllllllll....they went knocking on doors and running away this evening. Some dogs were let loose, fences jumped, and eventually the cops were called. I get a frantic call from her as she is scared pee-less. I go up the block and pick her up...drive around so she can give reports back to her friends as to the location of the local law enforcement gentlemen. Then....because it is after curfew I make two trips back to the place they were hiding to pick up the remaining 4 girls and deliver them safely to their homes. Now, was I a wonderful mother looking out for her daughter and friends or would you say I was aiding and abedding (spelling on that word?) juvenile delinquents? No matter....they had a great time, did not get shot, and memories were made!

JJ7997
03-08-2007, 03:46 AM
No, you were not aiding and abetting. Kids do that kind of thing. I did worse when I was that age. It happens and it always will. My Dad smacked me when he caught me. My Dad was way worse than the law, and he himself was a deputy.

pirate4state
03-08-2007, 09:55 AM
At least she called YOU. Kids do crazy things. Was anyone hurt? Doesn't sound like it.

Maybe they've learned a lesson? ;)

Txbroadcaster
03-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
Apparently my daughter and her friends went...wellllllllll....they went knocking on doors and running away this evening. Some dogs were let loose, fences jumped, and eventually the cops were called. I get a frantic call from her as she is scared pee-less. I go up the block and pick her up...drive around so she can give reports back to her friends as to the location of the local law enforcement gentlemen. Then....because it is after curfew I make two trips back to the place they were hiding to pick up the remaining 4 girls and deliver them safely to their homes. Now, was I a wonderful mother looking out for her daughter and friends or would you say I was aiding and abedding (spelling on that word?) juvenile delinquents? No matter....they had a great time, did not get shot, and memories were made!

You did nothing wrong..UNLESS one of them becomes a serial killer then after they are caught and on 60 minutes they say My life would have been different if one night while knocking on doors and running away the cops would have caught us..But a friend's mom saved us. I knew right then I could do anything and not get caught. :p

Gobbla2001
03-08-2007, 10:01 AM
curfews shmurfews... hell I guess curfews are the law, and if caught you should get punished for breaking the law, BUT, I see nothing wrong with breaking this law and you are a kickass mother, jilly-willy...

txkmom
03-08-2007, 10:23 AM
You're a GREAT mom! My kid helped move someone's vehicle from where he'd parked it the other night, and the sheriff's office got involved. They were at a kid's home in the rural LE area, and moved it about the equivalent of a city block away, leaving it on the rocky shoulder of the small country road. Before they could even get him outside to notice it was gone, the sheriff's dept pulled up and called his mom, saying it was abandoned in the middle of the highway and they did not know where her son was. Scared her half to death, scared the kids, and made the law look a little silly for their exaggeration. There's a big difference between these kinds of things and the bad stuff!

lepfan
03-08-2007, 10:55 AM
The girls had a blast....no MAJOR laws were broken. (tresspassing is all they figured) :) Nothing got stolen, nobody drank, just plain ol' fun....like we all had in the '70's and 80's before things got all radical! :)

Ranger Mom
03-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by txkmom
You're a GREAT mom! My kid helped move someone's vehicle from where he'd parked it the other night, and the sheriff's office got involved. They were at a kid's home in the rural LE area, and moved it about the equivalent of a city block away, leaving it on the rocky shoulder of the small country road. Before they could even get him outside to notice it was gone, the sheriff's dept pulled up and called his mom, saying it was abandoned in the middle of the highway and they did not know where her son was. Scared her half to death, scared the kids, and made the law look a little silly for their exaggeration. There's a big difference between these kinds of things and the bad stuff!

Haha!! That is great!!

I dated a guy one time and we broke up and I moved to Denton. About a year later, I was back in town (Big Spring...yuck) and I saw his truck parked at the mall (by the Hastings where he worked) , I remembered I still had a key to his truck, so I moved his truck to the other side of the mall! I hadn't spoken to him since I moved, so I bet he still hasn't guessed who moved it!!:D

I would take my kids TP'ing all the time when they were younger, I think I had as much or more fun than they did!! All that is just innocent fun as far as I am concerned.....but my husband would get SO mad if he woke up and saw that our house was a target....I just laughed!!

I drove by a house in Greenwood that had lots of plastic forks sticking out of the grass....I had to ask around and see what that meant....I found out that particular kid wasn't well liked by the people who got her and they were saying "fork you"!!

(hmmm.....I wonder if I just broke a rule!!):eek: :eek:

txkmom
03-08-2007, 11:33 AM
The worst was the biscuit dough and tp that got rained on - it clung to everything, then dried hard. I don't think we ever got it all off the bushes. We parents have always driven the kids to tp.

pirate4state
03-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Haha!! That is great!!

I dated a guy one time and we broke up and I moved to Denton. About a year later, I was back in town (Big Spring...yuck) and I saw his truck parked at the mall (by the Hastings where he worked) , I remembered I still had a key to his truck, so I moved his truck to the other side of the mall! I hadn't spoken to him since I moved, so I bet he still hasn't guessed who moved it!!:D

I would take my kids TP'ing all the time when they were younger, I think I had as much or more fun than they did!! All that is just innocent fun as far as I am concerned.....but my husband would get SO mad if he woke up and saw that our house was a target....I just laughed!!

I drove by a house in Greenwood that had lots of plastic forks sticking out of the grass....I had to ask around and see what that meant....I found out that particular kid wasn't well liked by the people who got her and they were saying "fork you"!!

(hmmm.....I wonder if I just broke a rule!!):eek: :eek:

:evillol: :evillol: LMAO http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/trio.gif and with that i'm gone until after lunch!!! :devil: :D

smustangs
03-08-2007, 11:42 AM
My mom would take us as long as we didnt like destroy ne thing. and vandalism was not tolerated but just toilet papering and stuff was no big deal

lepfan
03-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
My mom would take us as long as we didnt like destroy ne thing. and vandalism was not tolerated but just toilet papering and stuff was no big deal Those are my rules also. No damage done to anyone's stuff....AND....if ya get caught you pay the consequences (ya gotta clean it up).

txkmom
03-08-2007, 03:21 PM
A friend took the kids tp-ing one night when they were in JH, and she parked down the street to keep an eye on them. Then a vehicle approached that she thought she recognized, so she drove away, leaving the kids there for a few minutes. Boy, did they freak out! She came back to get them, though. Too funny. We never let ours vandalize, either, but some people got REALLY MAD about just tp. It's a pain, but it's FUN!

AP Panther Fan
03-08-2007, 03:27 PM
I remember "wrapping" houses as a kid...lots of fun.

Once we got really creative and in addition to wrapping the house we placed a toilet in the middle of their front yard.

I'll be darned if they didn't leave it there and put a plant in it....yard art!:D

I also remember my Dad waking me up on plenty of Saturday mornings to go clean our yard...goes with the having fun part.

pirate44
03-08-2007, 03:29 PM
i dont mean to be a stick-in-the mud, but im against it. theres such things as something being wrong without being illegal. reminds me if i didnt acknowlege someone as "sir" or "ma'am" id get in trouble by my mom or dad. just saying "yeah" instead of "yes sir" wouldnt have killed anyone, but it was still wrong and disrespectful.

and plus, getting caught is all a part of learning and growing up. its good to get caught especially for minor things like this case. it may just keep a kid out of more severe trouble later. :)

lepfan
03-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Getting caught has one of two lessons to be learned....you either learn to never do it again OR you learn how to be sneakier (is that a word LOL) the next time to venture out.

Pmoney
03-08-2007, 10:56 PM
i used to have a lot of fun tping and forking lol...i would have to sneak out to do this though my parents didnt like me doing it...but i have never heard of anyone topping my story so if u have done better please tell me lol

We used 108 rolls of toilet paper, 10-100 packs of forks, shoe polish, and we just for jokes bought a birthday card when we were buying the rest of the materials lol so we decided to leave it at the doorstep...the next monday the person who we got told us that it was her dads birthday that night ha it was great!

i stopped tping once i got caught by the cops and taken home my dad was not happy:p

RMAC
03-08-2007, 11:23 PM
My dad's always told me if I go to jail, don't call until tomorrow. So I just make sure I don't get caught.:devil: