PDA

View Full Version : Rosie says she's treated for depression

SintonFan
03-08-2007, 01:42 AM
Rosie says she's treated for depression

Wed Mar 7, 4:12 PM ET

Rosie O'Donnell says she began being treated for depression after the Columbine school shootings and hangs upside down for up to a half-hour a day to improve her mental state. When gunmen killed 13 people at Columbine High School in Colorado in 1999, O'Donnell said she felt as if it had happened to her children.

"I couldn't stop crying," she said on an episode taped for ABC's "The View" and due to air Friday. "I stayed in my room. The lights were off. I couldn't get out of bed and that's when I started taking medication."

Anyone concerned about the stigma of taking medication for depression should know that "it saved my life," she said.

When she began taking antidepressants, O'Donnell, 44, said she began yoga and "inversion therapy," where she hangs upside down by a swing for 15 to 30 minutes a day. She demonstrates it on "The View."

O'Donnell said she also has seasonal affective disorder, often called SAD, the wintertime blues that can strike when the days grow short. SAD is characterized by recurrent major depressive episodes during the fall and winter.

She's "instantly happy" on sunny days but feels as if she's being tortured when it's cloudy. She feels the most important thing to do when you're feeling depressed is to get up and move.

"Like in `The Wizard of Oz' the color goes out," she said. "That is what happens in depression. Everything gets gray."

Friday's episode of "The View" is devoted to women and depression. Actress Linda Dano, who was diagnosed with clinical depression after her husband and mother died within 10 days of each other two years ago, is a guest.

___

ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Co.

___

On the Net:

ABC:

http://abc.go.com/
Let me understand this:
Rosie has been depressed since "Columbine" and yes that was tragic for everyone but she will have a guest she can suddenly "connect to" who lost her mother and husband within 10 days of each other?
What was the point of this story anyway?
I know i know...
friggin' holly wood liberal elite care more than we do...:( :o

JJ7997
03-08-2007, 01:56 AM
I like cows.

Rosie is a cow.

She gives other cows a bad name.

I would load her up in the 28' gooseneck and take her straight to L&H Packing.

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-08-2007, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
I like cows.

Rosie is a cow.

She gives other cows a bad name.

I would load her up in the 28' gooseneck and take her straight to L&H Packing.

She would make some Grade D beef.

JJ7997
03-08-2007, 03:30 AM
Your right my brother, grade A Alpo !

injuredinmelee
03-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Rosie makes me sick to my stomach. The only thing that I can associate her and a cow with is the stinky stuff that comes out the back end of the bovine.

Gsquared
03-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Rosie says she's treated for depression

Wed Mar 7, 4:12 PM ET

Rosie O'Donnell says she began being treated for depression after the Columbine school shootings and hangs upside down for up to a half-hour a day to improve her mental state. When gunmen killed 13 people at Columbine High School in Colorado in 1999, O'Donnell said she felt as if it had happened to her children.

"I couldn't stop crying," she said on an episode taped for ABC's "The View" and due to air Friday. "I stayed in my room. The lights were off. I couldn't get out of bed and that's when I started taking medication."

Anyone concerned about the stigma of taking medication for depression should know that "it saved my life," she said.

When she began taking antidepressants, O'Donnell, 44, said she began yoga and "inversion therapy," where she hangs upside down by a swing for 15 to 30 minutes a day. She demonstrates it on "The View."

O'Donnell said she also has seasonal affective disorder, often called SAD, the wintertime blues that can strike when the days grow short. SAD is characterized by recurrent major depressive episodes during the fall and winter.

She's "instantly happy" on sunny days but feels as if she's being tortured when it's cloudy. She feels the most important thing to do when you're feeling depressed is to get up and move.

"Like in `The Wizard of Oz' the color goes out," she said. "That is what happens in depression. Everything gets gray."

Friday's episode of "The View" is devoted to women and depression. Actress Linda Dano, who was diagnosed with clinical depression after her husband and mother died within 10 days of each other two years ago, is a guest.

___

ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Co.

___

On the Net:

ABC:

http://abc.go.com/
Let me understand this:
Rosie has been depressed since "Columbine" and yes that was tragic for everyone but she will have a guest she can suddenly "connect to" who lost her mother and husband within 10 days of each other?
What was the point of this story anyway?
I know i know...
friggin' holly wood liberal elite care more than we do...:( :o
She should turn to drugs and alcohol.

mustang59
03-08-2007, 09:50 AM
This explains why bats are so happy.

pirate4state
03-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Rosie makes me sick to my stomach. The only thing that I can associate her and a cow with is the stinky stuff that comes out the back end of the bovine. LOL :evillol:

Bullaholic
03-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Unfortunately, Rosie's depression does not cause her to open her mouth any less. This woman will probably try to declare that she is partially Afro-American, Hispanic, and Native American next---that seems to be the only "card" she hasn't played yet in her attempts to gain media attention. I wish she and Geraldo Rivera would get married and then they could take turns vying for media attention 24-7 in "shifts".

pirate4state
03-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Unfortunately, Rosie's depression does not cause her to open her mouth any less. This woman will probably try to declare that she is partially Afro-American, Hispanic, and Native American next---that seems to be the only "card" she hasn't played yet in her attempts to gain media attention. I wish she and Geraldo Rivera would get married and then they could take turns vying for media attention 24-7 in "shifts".

:eek: :eek: :eek: ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :hairpunk:

Phil C
03-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Depressing news indeed. :(

kaorder1999
03-08-2007, 11:15 AM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/wenn/20051030/13/2707702703.jpg

BuffyMars
03-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/wenn/20051030/13/2707702703.jpg

She should put that hand to her forehead.

kaorder1999
03-08-2007, 11:18 AM
i think it was on its way to her forehead!

kaorder1999
03-08-2007, 11:25 AM
I read a bumper sticker yesterday that said....

"Blaming Guns for Columbine is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'Donnel being Fat"

Diet Dr. Pepper nearly came out of my nose when I read that and laughed my butt off!

STANG RED
03-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Please dont call Rosie a cow or a pig! I love steaks and porkchops, but would have to sware off of them if they are associated with her in any way. :mad:
I would call her a skunk, but thats being unfair to skunks everywhere.

themsu97
03-08-2007, 12:12 PM
I had heard that depression causes people to eat... so Rosie is a lier because she has been depressed a heck of lot longer than the Columbine incident...

she is one fat woman...

kaorder1999
03-08-2007, 12:14 PM
I WONDER WHEN THIS WAS!!

http://www.subvulture.com/archive/rosie_odonnell.jpg

themsu97
03-08-2007, 12:23 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... I just threw up in my mouth a little... get that pic off the post now:eek:

44INAROW
03-08-2007, 12:30 PM
I WONDER WHEN THIS WAS!!

East of Eden.........

JJ7997
03-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Just for finding a pic like that you need help man.

SintonFan
03-08-2007, 09:52 PM
I WONDER WHEN THIS WAS!!

I think Rosie was 8 years old in that family reunion photo...

theyoefnshow
03-09-2007, 12:29 AM
you know.....I don't get it. I've yet to ever find a PRO Rosie comment anywhere yet this fat ***** stays on tv constantly? I mean, usually you have celebs that most people hate but still many support them but I've NEVER seen people who like this woman. What's really goin on?????

kaorder1999
03-09-2007, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Just for finding a pic like that you need help man.

all i did was search Rosie O'Donnell....wild huh?

mustang04
03-09-2007, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
you know.....I don't get it. I've yet to ever find a PRO Rosie comment anywhere yet this fat ***** stays on tv constantly? I mean, usually you have celebs that most people hate but still many support them but I've NEVER seen people who like this woman. What's really goin on?????

bet she has pretty scuffed up knees