PDA

View Full Version : United 93

Adidas410s
03-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Has anybody ever watched this movie? I'm about 20 minutes in so far. Very intriguing indeed...

kaorder1999
03-07-2007, 08:28 PM
i thought it was great

Keith7
03-07-2007, 08:51 PM
its pretty good.. I watched it on 9/11 last year.. I won't ruin the ending for u

maestro
03-07-2007, 09:36 PM
if it is the movie release....great thought provoking movie..

if it is the usa cable tv version......

i did not care for that one..

same titles...

kaorder1999
03-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by maestro
if it is the movie release....great thought provoking movie..

if it is the usa cable tv version......

i did not care for that one..

same titles...

one was United 93 and one was Flight 93......I rented Flight 93 before United 93 was even in the theaters.....

injuredinmelee
03-07-2007, 11:22 PM
I enjoyed the movie and was able to really get into it. It was tough to watch for me for me, very emotional.

SintonFan
03-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Has anybody ever watched this movie? I'm about 20 minutes in so far. Very intriguing indeed...
I saw this in the Movie Theatre. Very powerful and well made. 3.5 out of 4 stars in my book.:)
The silence at the end of the movie in the theatre was similiar to when we watched the "The Passion of The Christ".

bullfrog_alumni_02
03-08-2007, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I enjoyed the movie and was able to really get into it. It was tough to watch for me for me, very emotional. i bought this movie and watched it once. i cried like a baby through the whole thing. it was really the first time i had ever actually revisited that day...i wrote my wife an email telling her i loved her when i was done watching it. God Bless those brave souls of that flight that did what they did.

Ranger Mom
03-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I saw this in the Movie Theatre. Very powerful and well made. 3.5 out of 4 stars in my book.:)
The silence at the end of the movie in the theatre was similiar to when we watched the "The Passion of The Christ".

I saw it at theater also and we bought it when it came out. I have to admit, it loses a little "something" when you aren't watching it on a huge screen with the powerful surround sound.

It's still an awesome movie though....very thought provoking!

Adidas410s
03-08-2007, 09:40 AM
It was definitely an intense film. I was very intrigued by how they portrayed the terrorists. They showed them as real people with feelings and fears just like anybody else. I think they definitely helped "make it real" IMO. I want to rewatch it though because my phone kept ringing right before the terrorists took the plane and I that ceased all of the emotions that were beginning to build up inside me. I think the film was very well put together and done so in an appropriate, tasteful fashion.

CHS_CG
03-08-2007, 09:46 AM
I havent seen it yet. I would really like to though.

maestro
03-08-2007, 05:06 PM
intense is the correct word....

it captures the chaos of the moment between air traffic and military.

utter chaos..

SintonFan
03-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I saw it at theater also and we bought it when it came out. I have to admit, it loses a little "something" when you aren't watching it on a huge screen with the powerful surround sound.

It's still an awesome movie though....very thought provoking!
Bring it over to SA and I promise there will not be much of a "drop off" at my house.:inlove:

piratebg
03-09-2007, 01:12 AM
I enjoyed this movie much more than I did World Trade Center. It was presented in a more real manner and the story just grabbed you from the beginning and never let go. Definitely worth the rent. :thumbsup:

kaorder1999
03-09-2007, 10:01 AM
I liked both U nited 93 and World Trade Center. The best thing about World Trade Center was is talked VERY little about the highjacking of the planes. It doesnt give the terrorists much credit for anything and the movie focused its attention on the ones that were fighting to help!