PDA

View Full Version : Woman sues doctors after failed abortion

BuffyMars
03-07-2007, 04:42 PM
BOSTON - A Boston woman who gave birth after a failed abortion has filed a lawsuit against two doctors and Planned Parenthood seeking the costs of raising her child.

ADVERTISEMENT

The complaint was filed by Jennifer Raper, 45, last week in Suffolk Superior Court and still must be screened by a special panel before it can proceed to trial.

Raper claimed in the three-page medical malpractice suit that she found out she was pregnant in March 2004 and decided to have an abortion for financial reasons.

Dr. Allison Bryant, a physician working for Planned Parenthood at the time, performed the procedure on April 9, 2004, but it "was not done properly, causing the plaintiff to remain pregnant," according to the complaint.

Raper then went to see Dr. Benjamin Eleonu at Boston Medical Center in July 2004, and he failed to detect the pregnancy even though she was 20 weeks pregnant at the time, the lawsuit alleges.

It was only when Raper went to the New England Medical Center emergency room for treatment of pelvic pain in late September that year that she found out she was pregnant, the suit said.

She gave birth to a daughter on Dec. 7, 2004.

She is seeking damages, including child-rearing costs.

Raper and her lawyer, Barry C. Reed Jr., refused comment when contacted by The Boston Globe.

A spokeswoman for Planned Parenthood said the organization does not comment on pending litigation.

Neither doctor responded to requests for comment.

Raper alleges in the suit that Planned Parenthood and Bryant were negligent for failing to end her pregnancy and that Eleonu was negligent for failing to see she was still pregnant.

The state's high court ruled in 1990 that parents can sue physicians for child-rearing expenses, but limited those claims to cases in which children require extraordinary expenses because of medical problems, medical malpractice lawyer Andrew C. Meyer Jr. said.

Raper's suit has no mentions of medical problems involving her now 2-year-old daughter.

As with all medical malpractice suits in Massachusetts, Raper's complaint will have to be screened by a tribunal consisting of a Superior Court judge, a lawyer, and a doctor to determine whether it has merit to go to trial.

___

Information from: The Boston Globe, http://www.boston.com/globe

Adidas410s
03-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Umm...did she NOT notice that she was still pregnant? I know I'm not an expert in the matter...but there are some key indicators that should've gone off (or NOT gone off ;)) to let her know she was still pregnant.

Bullaholic
03-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Good Luck, Buffy---I hope this thread doesn't "jump" the tracks. :D

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Umm...did she NOT notice that she was still pregnant? I know I'm not an expert in the matter...but there are some key indicators that should've gone off (or NOT gone off ;)) to let her know she was still pregnant.

I agree..BUT we dont know what the doctor told her who failed to find the pregnancy..He might have said something along the lines of it is normal to still feel some pregnancy related symptoms or something

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Good Luck, Buffy---I hope this thread doesn't "jump" the tracks. :D

She does start some threads that go all over the place LOL

BuffyMars
03-07-2007, 04:48 PM
I just feel bad for the poor child. :hairpunk:

BuffyMars
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Hey! I keep it civil! :foul::foul:

:tongue:

Oh! And another thing: Look whose talking Mr. Let's Talk About Global Warming!

:tongue::tongue:

Gobbla2001
"Mommy, did y'all plan to have me or was I an accident"

"You were an accident, we tried to kill you but the doctor screwed up... now come give mommy a hug"

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

"You were an accident, we tried to kill you but the doctor screwed up... now come give mommy a hug"

And you set our family up for 3 generations..We love you honey..Now pass me another 100 dollar bil to get the fire going

Bullaholic
03-07-2007, 04:50 PM

No, no---I enjoy Buff's variety of thread choices, but this one potentially deals with a big-time, no-no issue. Hope it doesn't go there.

BuffyMars
03-07-2007, 04:50 PM

Ah Jeez! That was so morbid, BUT OH SO FUNNY! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
03-07-2007, 04:53 PM
And you set our family up for 3 generations..We love you honey..Now pass me another 100 dollar bil to get the fire going

true that...

maybe she then went to another physician and had the process reversed so she could file a lawsuit in the future...

okay maybe not

Adidas410s
03-07-2007, 04:53 PM

Then she'll say:

and then i sued them because I was REALLY pissed that i had you and didn't want to be burdened with raising you

BuffyMars
03-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Then she'll say:

and then i sued them because I was REALLY pissed that i had you and didn't want to be burdened with raising you

....but I love you!

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Hey! I keep it civil! :foul::foul:

:tongue:

Oh! And another thing: Look whose talking Mr. Let's Talk About Global Warming!

:tongue::tongue:

I have no clue what ur talking about

Gobbla2001
03-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Then she'll say:

that's all jacked up man, ALL jacked up... :clap:

BuffyMars
03-07-2007, 04:56 PM
I have no clue what ur talking about

HEY!

I am trained in video camera.

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2007, 04:56 PM
HEY!

I am trained in video camera.

And Photograpy...or how he said it phoootooography

Gobbla2001
03-07-2007, 04:57 PM
....but I love you!

I do not know how I'd react if I found out that an attempt had been made at aborting me...

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2007, 04:57 PM
I do not know how I'd react if I found out that an attempt had been made at aborting me...

If my family got a ton of money from it..they better have my arse a BIG trust fund

BuffyMars
03-07-2007, 04:58 PM
And Photograpy...or how he said it phoootooography

DON'T make me pull out my video camera!

I WILL SHOOT YOU!

Cause...HEY! I am trained in video camera.

Adidas410s
that's all jacked up man, ALL jacked up... :clap:

that was my friends response haha....

Gobbla2001
If my family got a ton of money from it..they better have my arse a BIG trust fund

that aint no joke... I better be calling the shots also...

BuffyMars
03-07-2007, 04:59 PM

That is my whole issue. That poor child is gonna know that her mother tried to abort her and failed. I mean talk about self-esteem issues, etc.

Gobbla2001
03-07-2007, 05:00 PM
That is my whole issue. That poor child is gonna know that her mother tried to abort her and failed. I mean talk about self-esteem issues, etc.

I'll put money on it now... in 13 years we hear about these people again... this time the daughter kills the mother, and momma don't come back from diss one...

pirate4state
03-07-2007, 05:02 PM

:clap: LMAO!

pirate4state
03-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Is she just now suing the doctors or is it just coming to light? I mean she had the kid 3 years ago?

JasperDog94
03-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Ummmmm, I'm no genius or anything, BUT why not just give the child up for adoption if she didn't want him/her?:confused:

Gobbla2001
03-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Ummmmm, I'm no genius or anything, BUT why not just give the child up for adoption if she didn't want him/her?:confused:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

BuffyMars
03-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

Yeah, that was my 1st thought. I never trust people like this...its just hard for me these days. Of course I never trust anyone, period. So that's settled, lol.

I personally think adoption is wonderful. :D

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Yeah, that was my 1st thought. I never trust people like this...its just hard for me these days. Of course I never trust anyone, period. So that's settled, lol.

I personally think adoption is wonderful. :D
I would hope so..your adopted :D

BuffyMars
03-07-2007, 05:42 PM
I would hope so..your adopted :D

Oh yeah....maybe that's why I like it so much! :crazy1:

JasperDog94
03-07-2007, 05:54 PM
I personally think adoption is wonderful. :D Same here. My wife and I were about to adopt (days away from starting the paper work) when we found out she was pregnant. We may yet adopt one day.

bobcat1
03-07-2007, 09:30 PM
This sorry excuse for a woman will probably give the girl up for adoption once she has the money. It would be the best thing for the girl anyway. The "shebidge" doesn't love the child. How could she? She tried to kill her but she lived. Run little girl run!

Emerson1
03-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
This sorry excuse for a woman will probably give the girl up for adoption once she has the money. It would be the best thing for the girl anyway. The "shebidge" doesn't love the child. How could she? She tried to kill her but she lived. Run little girl run!
They should make the money come with restrictions. If there is any sign the kid is abused or something it and the money should be taken from her.

bobcat1
03-07-2007, 10:53 PM
High five Emerson! We agreed on something! Woohoo!:D

SintonFan
03-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
High five Emerson! We agreed on something! Woohoo!:D
The little ones here grow up so fast, I swear! I can remember when emerson was like 3 knees high:eek::D

SintonFan
03-07-2007, 11:18 PM
BOSTON - A Boston woman who gave birth after a failed abortion has filed a lawsuit against two doctors and Planned Parenthood seeking the costs of raising her child.

ADVERTISEMENT

The complaint was filed by Jennifer Raper, 45, last week in Suffolk Superior Court and still must be screened by a special panel before it can proceed to trial.

Raper claimed in the three-page medical malpractice suit that she found out she was pregnant in March 2004 and decided to have an abortion for financial reasons.

Dr. Allison Bryant, a physician working for Planned Parenthood at the time, performed the procedure on April 9, 2004, but it "was not done properly, causing the plaintiff to remain pregnant," according to the complaint.

Raper then went to see Dr. Benjamin Eleonu at Boston Medical Center in July 2004, and he failed to detect the pregnancy even though she was 20 weeks pregnant at the time, the lawsuit alleges.

It was only when Raper went to the New England Medical Center emergency room for treatment of pelvic pain in late September that year that she found out she was pregnant, the suit said.

She gave birth to a daughter on Dec. 7, 2004.

She is seeking damages, including child-rearing costs.

Raper and her lawyer, Barry C. Reed Jr., refused comment when contacted by The Boston Globe.

A spokeswoman for Planned Parenthood said the organization does not comment on pending litigation.

Neither doctor responded to requests for comment.

Raper alleges in the suit that Planned Parenthood and Bryant were negligent for failing to end her pregnancy and that Eleonu was negligent for failing to see she was still pregnant.

The state's high court ruled in 1990 that parents can sue physicians for child-rearing expenses, but limited those claims to cases in which children require extraordinary expenses because of medical problems, medical malpractice lawyer Andrew C. Meyer Jr. said.

Raper's suit has no mentions of medical problems involving her now 2-year-old daughter.

As with all medical malpractice suits in Massachusetts, Raper's complaint will have to be screened by a tribunal consisting of a Superior Court judge, a lawyer, and a doctor to determine whether it has merit to go to trial.

___

Information from: The Boston Globe, http://www.boston.com/globe
I think the rooster has now finally come home for "Planned Parenthood". Well... maybe not the rooster but certainly their own hen. well maybe not the hen but maybe the egg is rearing it's ugly head and coming home to roost. well maybe not the egg but they sure did screw themselves on this and maybe they should pay for this big screwup... I lol at them getting sued now for this! serves them right!