PDA

View Full Version : Darn DirecTV!!!!

crzyjournalist03
03-07-2007, 01:13 PM
I had HD service installed in my apartment the last week of January, and when the end of February came and I didn't have a bill, I started getting worried. I called the people who had installed it, but they said I had to call the corporate office to find out what was going on. Turns out they had my billing address wrong (missing the APT #). They said that they would waive late fees that I had already incurred and send me a new bill (which is supposed to contain my rebate forms). Well, here it is a week later, and still no bill...I just had a message on my answering machine to call them. When I do, I'm informed that they'll be shutting off my service due to non-payment. I explain to the lady what has been happening, and she says she'll do research, and it turns out that the first lady I talked to had corrected the service address but not the billing address! :mad:

So the lady I'm talking with apologizes but insists that my service will still be shut off unless I pay immediately, and I can't wait for a bill to be sent. So I agree to pay over the phone after making sure she explains all of my charges. After she has finished the transaction, THEN she tells me that there is a five dollar transaction fee for payment by phone that will appear on my next bill. I then flip out and explain to her that I'm not paying any fees when it's not my fault that they couldn't get the address right when I had given it to them several times--not to mention the fact that she said nothing about the fee until after she had processed my transaction!

Her response, "Ok, I can waive that fee for you if you would like."

Why the heck did she have to wait until I was completely irate to offer to waive the fees for something that was their problem in the first place??? She clearly knew all along that she was capable of waiving the fee, because she didn't even have to put me on hold to see if she could.

Afterwards, she wanted me to sign up for auto-bill pay so "this doesn't happen in the future and you'll never have your service shut off on you." It wouldn't happen in the FIRST place had they had their act together!

She promised that my rebate forms would still be sent to me, but they'd better get here soon!

Uggh...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Sounds like you need a hug.

Gp83
03-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Walk it off

Bandera YaYa
03-07-2007, 01:28 PM
I have to deal with cable and phone companies alot.....and they are the stupidest people on the face of this earth....IMO....I understand your pain..... :p

crzyjournalist03
03-07-2007, 01:31 PM
I just registered my account on their website so that I could view exactly what happened, but apparently, if you view your bill online, you agree to allow DirecTV to never send you a paper bill again!

pirate4state
03-07-2007, 01:38 PM
LOL! I'm sorry, I know it's not funny. I've been there. Sorry. Are you sure about not getting another paper bill. I view my account online and still get a paper bill.

Adidas410s
03-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I have to deal with cable and phone companies alot.....and they are the stupidest people on the face of this earth....IMO....I understand your pain..... :p

You should try talking to the people that contact the cable and phone companies. THEY are MUCH dumber ;)

crzyjournalist03
03-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL! I'm sorry, I know it's not funny. I've been there. Sorry. Are you sure about not getting another paper bill. I view my account online and still get a paper bill.

That's weird! I was trying to do it, and when I logged in and clicked "view my bill" it said click here if you agree to view your bill online...I figured it meant for security purposes or whatever...so I clicked yes, and it said, "You are about to view your bill online. By doing so, you authorize DirecTV to not send you any more paper bills through the mail, and you will view your bill online from this point forward."

So I clicked cancel.

pirate4state
03-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
That's weird! I was trying to do it, and when I logged in and clicked "view my bill" it said click here if you agree to view your bill online...I figured it meant for security purposes or whatever...so I clicked yes, and it said, "You are about to view your bill online. By doing so, you authorize DirecTV to not send you any more paper bills through the mail, and you will view your bill online from this point forward."

So I clicked cancel.

Indeed. I don't know what to tell ya.

Black_Magic
03-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Its why I go cable. Less hassle, good service, more rooms, good nomater what the weather and phone and internet service as well.. I went to dish for a couple of years and got tired of the problems and lack of flexibility.

DaHop72
03-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Its why I go cable. Less hassle, good service, more rooms, good nomater what the weather and phone and internet service as well.. I went to dish for a couple of years and got tired of the problems and lack of flexibility. But some of us don't have that option available to us.:(

crzyjournalist03
03-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Its why I go cable. Less hassle, good service, more rooms, good nomater what the weather and phone and internet service as well.. I went to dish for a couple of years and got tired of the problems and lack of flexibility.

my apartment complex has a contract with ATT stating that none of the apartments will have cable...we either have to use ATT's DirecTV service that is provided through the apartment, or get our own dish. Since ATT has DirecTV programming, we elected to get our own dish because it was cheaper even with going to HD programming throught DirecTV than paying the ATT subscription to get the same channels. Weird I know, but I'm actually saving about ten bucks a month by cutting the middle man (ATT) and getting better programming..

Black_Magic
03-07-2007, 03:01 PM
my apartment complex has a contract with ATT stating that none of the apartments will have cable...we either have to use ATT's DirecTV service that is provided through the apartment, or get our own dish. Since ATT has DirecTV programming, we elected to get our own dish because it was cheaper even with going to HD programming throught DirecTV than paying the ATT subscription to get the same channels. Weird I know, but I'm actually saving about ten bucks a month by cutting the middle man (ATT) and getting better programming.. No doubt it IS cheaper.. BUT in my view and experience overall not worth the 8-10 you save... Ive been there and went back to cable..

DaHop72
03-07-2007, 03:06 PM
No doubt it IS cheaper.. BUT in my view and experience overall not worth the 8-10 you save... Ive been there and went back to cable.. :mad: :mad: :mad: I can't get cable.

Rabbit'93
03-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I have to deal with cable and phone companies alot.....and they are the stupidest people on the face of this earth....IMO....I understand your pain..... :p Care to compare IQ's? I happen to work for Time Warner in Dallas, so I take exception with your comment. You call us stupid but you're the one dancing around an Oak @ midnight in the nude. Yep we're the stupid ones.:rolleyes: :D

burnet44
03-07-2007, 05:04 PM
welcome to customer service
there is no service
if they had service as good as they can bill ya
then it might be ok

I went through the same thing
Dish thinks I owe them 65 bucks
Im glad they think that

example

Best Buy thinks I owe them 70 bucks

1. I go into Best Buy looking for a scanner
2. I find one 120 bucks
3. sign up for a card get 20% off
4. I pay off the card next pay day 14 days
5. get a bill with pay off BUT a service charge of 25 bucks because I didnt make a payment in 1 week.
6. call best buy customer service ask about it
7. get sorry "sorry sir that is our policy"
8. ok fine I tell her cancel the card
9. then the woman asks me why i want to cancel the card
10. veins pop out of my head
11. card canceled
12. GET A BILL WITH THE 25 AND A CHARGE FOR LATE PAYMENT
13. THEY HAVE SENT ME A BILL ITS UP TO 70 they keep adding 10
and I dont have an account (see number 8 card canceled)

yeah costomer service

feafem

Emerson1
03-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Maybe there is a reason they send everything out of the country. You can't understand them but atleast they do it right.

luvhoops34
03-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I view my account online AND get a paper bill.....but I have DISH!

SintonFan
03-08-2007, 12:16 AM
I had HD service installed in my apartment the last week of January, and when the end of February came and I didn't have a bill, I started getting worried. I called the people who had installed it, but they said I had to call the corporate office to find out what was going on. Turns out they had my billing address wrong (missing the APT #). They said that they would waive late fees that I had already incurred and send me a new bill (which is supposed to contain my rebate forms). Well, here it is a week later, and still no bill...I just had a message on my answering machine to call them. When I do, I'm informed that they'll be shutting off my service due to non-payment. I explain to the lady what has been happening, and she says she'll do research, and it turns out that the first lady I talked to had corrected the service address but not the billing address! :mad:

So the lady I'm talking with apologizes but insists that my service will still be shut off unless I pay immediately, and I can't wait for a bill to be sent. So I agree to pay over the phone after making sure she explains all of my charges. After she has finished the transaction, THEN she tells me that there is a five dollar transaction fee for payment by phone that will appear on my next bill. I then flip out and explain to her that I'm not paying any fees when it's not my fault that they couldn't get the address right when I had given it to them several times--not to mention the fact that she said nothing about the fee until after she had processed my transaction!

Her response, "Ok, I can waive that fee for you if you would like."

Why the heck did she have to wait until I was completely irate to offer to waive the fees for something that was their problem in the first place??? She clearly knew all along that she was capable of waiving the fee, because she didn't even have to put me on hold to see if she could.

Afterwards, she wanted me to sign up for auto-bill pay so "this doesn't happen in the future and you'll never have your service shut off on you." It wouldn't happen in the FIRST place had they had their act together!

She promised that my rebate forms would still be sent to me, but they'd better get here soon!

Uggh...
crzy, I dumped AT&T Dish for Time Warner in January. I was tired of their spotty(at best) DVR service and the rain fades. I got HD service for a little less and yes fewer HD channels, but then again, I don't watch a lot of HD programming. I also didn't like the idea of paying, up front, $300 for equipment and a $100 installation cost. Right now, I am very miffed(yes that's a word lol) at AT&T for treating their faithful customers very poorly and giving all the breaks to "new" ones. But alas that's the way all these companies are. The only thing they really are doing is conditioning us all "fairly frugal" folks is to not have any loyalty at all.:( :mad: :o