PDA

View Full Version : Rita!!!!

Adidas410s
03-07-2007, 11:13 AM
I concur with your message from that one thread. I was in the lavatory area and didn't have a chance to share my frustration and agreeance with you. Is it possible that a moratorium on such threads and/or posters be put into place? I'm ok with a 96 hour moratorium being put into place for the 48 hrs that precede and follow such contests...but at all other times it is 86'd. Does that sound reasonable???

I know, I know...USE THE PM's!!! :mad:

Gobbla2001
03-07-2007, 11:16 AM
so ALL topics related to these two U's would be 86'd?

I hate readin' 'em myself most of the time, and hate that both sides have to have jerks on 'em, but at the same time this would be damn near un-Texan :(

Adidas410s
03-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
so ALL topics related to these two U's would be 86'd?

I hate readin' 'em myself most of the time, and hate that both sides have to have jerks on 'em, but at the same time this would be damn near un-Texan :(

I'm not saying that I like the idea either. I just realize that when I (and I'm sure many others agree) get frustrated and annoyed just by reading a few posts in ANOTHER A&H thread...that it's high time that something is done to curtail it :(

pirate4state
03-07-2007, 11:20 AM
I really don't want to ban them ALL, but you have to admit it gets old & tired to see the same people bickering about the same crap day in & day out.

Maybe we should just get rid of them. :devil: :eek:

j/k - maybe :evil: :evillol: :kiss:

Gobbla2001
03-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I really don't want to ban them ALL, but you have to admit it gets old & tired to see the same people bickering about the same crap day in & day out.

Maybe we should just get rid of them. :devil: :eek:

j/k - maybe :evil: :evillol: :kiss:

well I believe we've all said this once or twice before, "If you don't like it, don't read it", correct? It's not exactly rated R material in there... someone will say TU, someone will say Aggy etc..., but let 'em do it if they want to make a fool of themselves because there is actual GOOD discussion going on in the background of it etc...

pirate4state
03-07-2007, 11:25 AM
well I believe we've all said this once or twice before, "If you don't like it, don't read it", correct? It's not exactly rated R material in there... someone will say TU, someone will say Aggy etc..., but let 'em do it if they want to make a fool of themselves because there is actual GOOD discussion going on in the background of it etc... Well, in MY case - I have to read it and especially in those threads. You'd be surprised at the number of reported posts we get from those threads alone.

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2007, 11:27 AM
If the problem is truly that bad, dont ban the topic, ban the posters or suspend them if you truly think they are getting out of hand

garageoffice
03-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Maybe we should ban discussions of global warming...

:D :D :doh:

Gobbla2001
03-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
If the problem is truly that bad, dont ban the topic, ban the posters or suspend them if you truly think they are getting out of hand

agreed... there's just too much good discussion that goes in between all of the back and forth jerk crap...

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2007, 11:30 AM
agreed... there's just too much good discussion that goes in between all of the back and forth jerk crap...

And it is not like we dont know who the few are that are doing it

Here is a thought..BAN those problem members from THOSE threads..Cause I enjoy debating the Texas-A&M rivalry

pirate4state
03-07-2007, 11:31 AM
OR we could start deleting all those idiotic posts :thinking:

Man, that's alot of work :D

It would just be so nice if they would GROW UP and just stop bashing each others schools.

pirate4state
And it is not like we dont know who the few are that are doing it

Here is a thought..BAN those problem members from THOSE threads..Cause I enjoy debating the Texas-A&M rivalry

There is no way to ban them from just certain threads.

garageoffice

It would just be so nice if they would GROW UP and just stop bashing each others schools.

I renew my call for an idiot filter on the board!

;)

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2007, 11:32 AM

yep it would be nice..and for the record IMO the problem is not the bashing of the school..heck that is expected in a rivalry..It is the bashing of the person which makes no sense

pirate4state
Originally posted by garageoffice
I renew my call for an idiot filter on the board!

;)

If only ;)

Txbroadcaster

You PM them and tell them if you post on a UT-A&M thread your banned from the site

Adidas410s
I agree. I like taking part in the good discussions...but then one of the 5 or so posters that loves to just sling BS hops into the thread and the discussion gets lost in the mix of the "Aggots/m&a/Faggies this, Whorns/TU that" :(

pirate4state
03-07-2007, 11:33 AM
yep it would be nice..and for the record IMO the problem is not the bashing of the school..heck that is expected in a rivalry..It is the bashing of the person which makes no sense Well, it starts off as the bashing of the school and then it escalates and you're right it makes no sense!!

Gp83
I as a Texas fan get tired of it. I rarely bash a&m, but I get pushed to a point where I need to go off. Both are good schools, hell I may even be sending my son there to be a vet after he gets his grad from TEXAS. But all this tu, saw em off, t-sips blah blah blah:rolleyes:

Adidas410s

sad times indeed. Like you said...deleting posts is more work than any mod should ever have to do on a site where they do it for free! :(

pirate4state
03-07-2007, 11:34 AM
You PM them and tell them if you post on a UT-A&M thread your banned from the site

http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif

Thank you that made me SCREAM laugh!! :thumbsup:

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2007, 11:36 AM
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif

Thank you that made me SCREAM laugh!! :thumbsup:

Why?

BuffyMars
03-07-2007, 11:36 AM
I enjoy the threads as well.

I never take it personally, its just a long rivaled tradition.

But yes, some users take it way to far.

pirate4state
03-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Why?

If I told ya, I'd have to kill ya!! You have no idea!!

JJ7997
03-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Gp83
I as a Texas fan get tired of it. I rarely bash a&m, but I get pushed to a point where I need to go off. Both are good schools, hell I may even be sending my son there to be a vet after he gets his grad from TEXAS. But all this tu, saw em off, t-sips blah blah blah:rolleyes:

I agree. While I will readily admit that I have made a couple of posts that are on target with this subject, I too feel that I have been pushed to the point when I did. I am just defending the great university that I love.

buff4ever
03-07-2007, 11:50 AM
I can't believe that this is this big of a deal. What kinda babies do we have in here. My wife and I are aggies, yes this is a rivalry, and yes BOTH sides take the mud slinging a little far. But, in the end both sides know that both schools are great schools. If they didn't have respect for each other it wouldn't be a rivalry, b/c they wouldn't consider it worthy of a rivalry. A greater school doesn't elect to rival with a lesser school, that would be stupid. I have longhorns in my family as well, we can all get along and still sling mud w/o hurting anybody.

JJ7997
03-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I can't believe that this is this big of a deal. What kinda babies do we have in here. My wife and I are aggies, yes this is a rivalry, and yes BOTH sides take the mud slinging a little far. But, in the end both sides know that both schools are great schools. If they didn't have respect for each other it wouldn't be a rivalry, b/c they wouldn't consider it worthy of a rivalry. A greater school doesn't elect to rival with a lesser school, that would be stupid. I have longhorns in my family as well, we can all get along and still sling mud w/o hurting anybody.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
03-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever

It IS hard to believe that some folks WON'T or CAN'T get along w/o mud slinging.