PDA

View Full Version : sTUPID IS AS STUPID DOES THE RESULT

burnet44
03-07-2007, 09:55 AM
LM coaching finalists face public

By Joshua Buckley
The Daily News

Published March 7, 2007

LA MARQUE — About 150 La Marque fans filed into the high school’s auditorium Tuesday, hoping to have their say in who will be the Cougars’ next athletic director and head football coach.

The two finalists — Lamar Consolidated’s Lydell Wilson and Refugio’s Chris Jones — gave short presentations and answered questions from the hiring committee and the crowd about what they hoped to accomplish as the next La Marque athletic director and football coach.

La Marque interim athletic director Larry Walker was a third finalist for the position, but informed Superintendent Ecomet Burley earlier Tuesday that he was taking his name out of the running.

“I’m not at liberty to talk about Larry Walker,” Burley said.

“He gave me the reasons he withdrew, but they were personal, so I am going to decline comment on them.”

Walker’s decision caught many of the members of the crowd off guard.

“I was really surprised that Larry backed out,” said Robert Nelson, a youth football coach for the Mainland Express.

“I talked to him at about 10 o’clock today and he didn’t mention anything about it. I’m curious to find out why he took his name out of the running.”

kaorder1999
03-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
LM coaching finalists face public

By Joshua Buckley
The Daily News

Published March 7, 2007

LA MARQUE — About 150 La Marque fans filed into the high school’s auditorium Tuesday, hoping to have their say in who will be the Cougars’ next athletic director and head football coach.

The two finalists — Lamar Consolidated’s Lydell Wilson and Refugio’s Chris Jones — gave short presentations and answered questions from the hiring committee and the crowd about what they hoped to accomplish as the next La Marque athletic director and football coach.

La Marque interim athletic director Larry Walker was a third finalist for the position, but informed Superintendent Ecomet Burley earlier Tuesday that he was taking his name out of the running.

“I’m not at liberty to talk about Larry Walker,” Burley said.

“He gave me the reasons he withdrew, but they were personal, so I am going to decline comment on them.”

Walker’s decision caught many of the members of the crowd off guard.

“I was really surprised that Larry backed out,” said Robert Nelson, a youth football coach for the Mainland Express.

“I talked to him at about 10 o’clock today and he didn’t mention anything about it. I’m curious to find out why he took his name out of the running.”

unbelievable...a public forum....

kaorder1999
03-07-2007, 10:14 AM
you start letting the community feel like they have a say so in who is hired then they will think they have a say so in who should be fired when a couple of games are lost!

Gobbla2001
03-07-2007, 10:21 AM
that has to be the most uncomfortable feeling for a coach...

it's not like these people are voting for who they think should be head coach, don't have stupid crap like this...

pirate4state
03-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
you start letting the community feel like they have a say so in who is hired then they will think they have a say so in who should be fired when a couple of games are lost! EXACTLY! :rolleyes:

Unbelievable! :doh: :doh:

kaorder1999
03-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
that has to be the most uncomfortable feeling for a coach...

it's not like these people are voting for who they think should be head coach, don't have stupid crap like this...

but in their mind they feel as if they have a vote because the candidates are being presented to them! There willa lways be that..."I wanted the other guy...see I was right" kind of hostility when and if they start losing. Its a no-win situation! Im a HUGE fan of the public not even knowing the names of the finalists!

burnet44
03-07-2007, 10:32 AM
supt and sb

cyoa

its that simple

GOFOR2
03-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
supt and sb

cyoa

its that simple

Well put. Washing their hands of it.
Ridiculous.

themsu97
03-07-2007, 11:59 AM
here is the problem... plenty of schools are starting to do this... it is the wave of the new young supts that are out there that believe, or are led to believe, that you run your school like a business and that the town folk are stock holders... the problem is that they underestimate the value of the kids...
one supt at a school makes the teachers read books about successful businesses on their free time then requires them to attend after school meetings to discuss what they read with each chapter being led by a different teacher... talk about Holy Crap:doh:

burnet44
03-07-2007, 12:01 PM
I am so glad i got 80 in this year