PDA

View Full Version : Bellville softball.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-06-2007, 09:47 PM
#7 Bellvillle beats Katy (Seven Lakes) tonight 2-1.

Bull19
03-06-2007, 09:57 PM
BELLVILLE BATS WERE DEFINENTLY IN HIBERNATION TONIGHT MANAGING JUST 3 HITS WITH 2 OF THEM COMING OFF OF BUNTS. BUT WITH PITCHING LIKE THEY HAVE IT ENABLES THEM TO WIN GAMES LIKE TONIGHT. THE BELLVILLE PITCHING STAFF DEFINENTLY HAS THE CAPIBILITES TO TAKE THIS TEAM FOR A VERY DEEP PLAYOFF RUN. MURPHY PITCHED THE FIRST 4 INNINGS (MIGHT HAVE BEEN 5, I DONT REMEMBER) THEN LUETGE FINISHED IT OUT,,,,ITS NICE TO SEE YOU HAVE MURPHY WHO CAN DEFINENTLY BRING THE GAS WHEN NEEDED THEN HAVE LUETGE WHO CAN ALSO BRING IT AND CAN MIX IT UP WITH THE OFF-SPEED. THIS TEAM IS DEFINENTLY ONE TO BE RECKONED WITH IN THE POST-SEASON

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Was katy a good team?

Bull19
03-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Was katy a good team?

YES,,THEIR PITCHER WAS VERY CRAFTY,,KEPT THE BELLVILLE GIRLS VERY OFF-BALANCED,,ITS WAS FUN TO WATCH HER PITCH,,,THEY KATY TEAM ALSO PUT THE BALL IN PLAY ALOT,,THEY WERE A SOLID CLUB

HTripleC13
03-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Hey Bull19, I dont get to go to many of the games.. Thanks for keeping us the general public informed about Bellville. My only question is does ol' DC have those brahmas in the hunt for the district title this year??? I know if you play hard good things will happen..

Bull19
03-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by HTripleC13
Hey Bull19, I dont get to go to many of the games.. Thanks for keeping us the general public informed about Bellville. My only question is does ol' DC have those brahmas in the hunt for the district title this year??? I know if you play hard good things will happen..

GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN, I THOUGHT U WERE DEAD,,,OH,,,,DC CURRENTLY DOESNT HAVE THEM IN THE HUNT FROM WHAT IVE BEEN HEARING,,HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO MAKE TO ANY OF THEIR GAMES, HOWEVER DURING SPRING BREAK I WILL MAKE SOME,,,,IVE HEARD FROM THE ROCK THAT THEY ARE CURRENTLY GOING THROUGH SOME HARD TIMES PITCHING WISE AND ESP. HITTING,,,AVG LIKE 3 HITS A GAME,,,IVE HEARD "THE CERN DOG" IS RIDING THEM PRETTY GOOD RIGHT NOW,,BUT IM SURE BY DISTRICT TIME THEY WILL HAVE MOST OF THE KINKS OUT,

P.S. PITCHING IS DOWN RIGHT NOW CAUSE #19 IS FIGHTING SOME ARM PROBLEMS AND THE UNDERCLASSMAN HAVE BEEN DOING MOST OF THE MOUND WORK,,HOPEFULLY HE'LL BE READY TO GO SHORTLY WITH THE HELP OF SPANKY

BTEXDAD
03-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
BELLVILLE BATS WERE DEFINENTLY IN HIBERNATION TONIGHT MANAGING JUST 3 HITS WITH 2 OF THEM COMING OFF OF BUNTS. BUT WITH PITCHING LIKE THEY HAVE IT ENABLES THEM TO WIN GAMES LIKE TONIGHT. THE BELLVILLE PITCHING STAFF DEFINENTLY HAS THE CAPIBILITES TO TAKE THIS TEAM FOR A VERY DEEP PLAYOFF RUN. MURPHY PITCHED THE FIRST 4 INNINGS (MIGHT HAVE BEEN 5, I DONT REMEMBER) THEN LUETGE FINISHED IT OUT,,,,ITS NICE TO SEE YOU HAVE MURPHY WHO CAN DEFINENTLY BRING THE GAS WHEN NEEDED THEN HAVE LUETGE WHO CAN ALSO BRING IT AND CAN MIX IT UP WITH THE OFF-SPEED. THIS TEAM IS DEFINENTLY ONE TO BE RECKONED WITH IN THE POST-SEASON

Both Luetge and Murphy are throwing better than they did last year and they were very good last year. Team defense and hitting weaker than last year, but in playoffs pitching is name of the game. They won't need many runs to win games.

Haven't seen boys play yet, but will get out there soon.

HTripleC13
03-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Bull19

P.S. PITCHING IS DOWN RIGHT NOW CAUSE #19 IS FIGHTING SOME ARM PROBLEMS AND THE UNDERCLASSMAN HAVE BEEN DOING MOST OF THE MOUND WORK,,HOPEFULLY HE'LL BE READY TO GO SHORTLY WITH THE HELP OF SPANKY

Well you had to figure they would go down in pitching and hitting, losing 2 real solid pitchers and hitters from last year. The right fielder had especially nasty stuff and could tag the ball pretty good. It's hard to replace a veteran staff like that. I also heard that #19 is trying real hard to follow in the footsteps of the former #19.... Those are tough shoes to fill!!!

Bull's-eye
03-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Both Luetge and Murphy are throwing better than they did last year and they were very good last year. Haven't seen boys play yet, but will get out there soon.

Does Bellville always have a pitcher named Luetge? I have never seen a game (softball or baseball) where there wasn't at least one pitcher named Luetge. :D

XMan
03-08-2007, 09:08 AM
I am really surprised at Bellville's struggles to open the season. Last years team was very young and rebuilding. They lost very few seniors from last years team and even started a couple of freshmen. Bellville should have lots of returning starters. Also, last years pitching staff, while crafty, never topped 78. Surely there are some good arms down on the lower levels that are being developed. This years staff should be as good, if not much more talented and better than last years. Fortunately, Bellville's district may be as weak as ive ever seen it. Bellville should win the district but how far they go in the playoffs is in question. Hopefully, all the pick off moves can get them to the 3rd round this year.

Good luck Brahmas

KL3
03-08-2007, 09:44 AM
I think Bellville is still pretty young this year. Pawlawski, Blezinger, Pfeffer, Porter are the only seniors I can think of. I know their pitching is pretty young as well. Luetge is a Jr, Huebner is a soph. and I think the 6'4" freshman pitcher Mueller is up on varsity.

Bull 19, is that correct?

Bull19
03-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by KL3
I think Bellville is still pretty young this year. Pawlawski, Blezinger, Pfeffer, Porter are the only seniors I can think of. I know their pitching is pretty young as well. Luetge is a Jr, Huebner is a soph. and I think the 6'4" freshman pitcher Mueller is up on varsity.

Bull 19, is that correct?

THEIR ARE A FEW MORE SENIORS THAN WHAT YOU LISTED ( O'CONNER, B. PRICE, WEISS) BUT THE ONES YOU LISTED GET THE MAJORITY OF THE PLAYING TIME, SENIOR WISE.

PITCHING IS REALLY HURTING THEM SO FAR THIS YEAR. LUETGE IS OUT WITH ARM PROBLEMS, AND FROM WHAT IVE BEEN TOLD BY GOOD SOURCES IS THAT THE SOPH'S ARE HAVING TOUBLE FINDING THE STRIKE ZONE ( HUEBNER AND TALLERINE). RIGHT NOW TALLERINE IS CARRYING MOST OF THE LOAD ALONG WITH HUEBNER. PITCHING IS IN A STRUGGLE RIGHT NOW SIMPLY BECAUSE THE BOYS NOW PITCHING DIDNT GET TO SEE VERY MANY INNINGS LAST YEAR.

OFFENSIVE PRODUCTION IS ALSO A STRUGGLE. IVE BEEN TOLD BY SOME PLAYERS ON THE TEAM THAT THEY ARE SIMPLY NOT HITTING THE BALL,,AVG LIKE 3 OR 4 HITS A GAME.

IT WILL BE INTERSTING TO SEE IF THEY CAN TURN IT AROUND IN THE LA GRANGE TOURNY AND GET IT ALL TOGETHER COME DISTRICT TIME.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-09-2007, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by HTripleC13
Well you had to figure they would go down in pitching and hitting, losing 2 real solid pitchers and hitters from last year. The right fielder had especially nasty stuff and could tag the ball pretty good. It's hard to replace a veteran staff like that. I also heard that #19 is trying real hard to follow in the footsteps of the former #19.... Those are tough shoes to fill!!!

Like a good bass player!

buff4life
03-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by XMan
I am really surprised at Bellville's struggles to open the season. Last years team was very young and rebuilding. They lost very few seniors from last years team and even started a couple of freshmen. Bellville should have lots of returning starters. Also, last years pitching staff, while crafty, never topped 78. Surely there are some good arms down on the lower levels that are being developed. This years staff should be as good, if not much more talented and better than last years. Fortunately, Bellville's district may be as weak as ive ever seen it. Bellville should win the district but how far they go in the playoffs is in question. Hopefully, all the pick off moves can get them to the 3rd round this year.

Good luck Brahmas

calling the district weak...well i think atleast three teams will battle you for that opinion...

Bull19
03-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
calling the district weak...well i think atleast three teams will battle you for that opinion...

I DONT KNOW HOW EXWOMAN CALL CALL THE DISTRICT WEAK,,,,YOU LOSE HEMPSTEAD AND RICE,,,TWO OF THE WEAKEST TEAMS IN THE STATE AND REPLACE THEM WITH TWO VERY SOLID PROGRAMS. THIS DISTRICT IS SET UP TO WHERE ANY TEAM CAN BEAT ANYBODY ON ANY DAY OF THE WEEK

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-12-2007, 10:34 PM
This was a s softball thread.

Bull19
03-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
This was a s softball thread.

THAT MERGED INTO A BASEBALL ONE