PDA

View Full Version : Other than Napster

Gsquared
03-06-2007, 07:28 PM
What other good cheap source of dowloadabe music can you get online?

carter08
03-06-2007, 07:30 PM
amiestreet.com

all songs start out free and increase in price as they are downloaded

the only problem is that you have never heard of the artists

Keith7
03-06-2007, 07:40 PM
torrents

Emerson1
03-06-2007, 07:42 PM
limewire

Just don't share it.

GreenGobbla
03-06-2007, 07:44 PM
my thoughts exactly

Emerson1
03-06-2007, 07:45 PM
If you are gonna pay for it because you think it's illegal if you don't, do it from a site you have heard of. Paying $0.10 a song to a site in china doesn't make it 'legal'.

I have never understood how the RIAA is allowed to sue because because share music. What if an artist wants his music shared, can they still sue on his behalf or something?

garageoffice
03-06-2007, 08:44 PM
I don't know about other sites, but Wal-Mart.com has music downloads for $0.88 each and offers most complete CD collections for anywhere from $6.44 to $13.88 or so.

Emerson1
03-06-2007, 08:46 PM
I think yahoo might be $5 a month for unlimited

bccards
03-06-2007, 09:16 PM
www.allofmp3.com

Gobbla2001
03-07-2007, 10:52 AM
I use iTunes... sometimes I'll use limewire...

pirate44
03-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I think yahoo might be $5 a month for unlimited
is there a "realistic" limit? if not, sounds like a good idea to pay for 1 month and then take a week vacation from work and stay up night and day downloading every song i could think of

BuffyMars
03-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Bearshare

Gsquared
03-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Bearshare
I like bareshare

theyoefnshow
03-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Ares. Been using it for years. Anything you want, you can find it there. I've found movies a month or more before they even hit theaters.

Gobbla2001
03-07-2007, 11:20 AM
taking one song here and there doesn't seem like a lot... kinda like taking a penny out of these artists' bank accounts, doesn't seem like much until you do it over 300 million times a year... and I'm not talkin' about Kenny Chesneys account, I'm talking about the songwriter who's just a regular joe like you and I, they lose money off of it, that's why I buy songs now...

Adidas410s
03-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I like bareshare

You like sharing it in the bare that's for sure... ;)

Adidas410s
03-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
taking one song here and there doesn't seem like a lot... kinda like taking a penny out of these artists' bank accounts, doesn't seem like much until you do it over 300 million times a year... and I'm not talkin' about Kenny Chesneys account, I'm talking about the songwriter who's just a regular joe like you and I, they lose money off of it, that's why I buy songs now...

Agreed. The other day I was getting a few songs for the iPod. The ones that were mainstream...I don't mind taking off of limewire. The ones that were EYB, Miranda Lambert, and M&MC I took off of iTunes.

Gobbla2001
03-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Agreed. The other day I was getting a few songs for the iPod. The ones that were mainstream...I don't mind taking off of limewire. The ones that were EYB, Miranda Lambert, and M&MC I took off of iTunes.

I'd even do it with Mainstream... coming back around to Kenny Chesney, RRB has a song on his latest one (which I'm sure you know, and am shocked I haven't heard it on country radio yet, but I guess that'd require listening to country radio)... now let's say they didn't say "burn it, listen to it however you can get it" at all of their shows (RRB), it'D be taking money out of their pockets as well...

I'll burn one on limewire at my friend's every now and then, and it's usually some old school 90's alternative or some real classic country song... either that or a song by an artist that doesn't mind you burning...

Adidas410s
03-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I'd even do it with Mainstream... coming back around to Kenny Chesney, RRB has a song on his latest one (which I'm sure you know, and am shocked I haven't heard it on country radio yet, but I guess that'd require listening to country radio)... now let's say they didn't say "burn it, listen to it however you can get it" at all of their shows (RRB), it'D be taking money out of their pockets as well...

I'll burn one on limewire at my friend's every now and then, and it's usually some old school 90's alternative or some real classic country song... either that or a song by an artist that doesn't mind you burning...
haha...I actually bought that one song on iTunes because 1) I wanted to hear RRB gone pop and 2) the slogan on GW was "Here's to a tour bus". Lee Ann Womack recorded "Down and Out" and it will be on her new album. I think the reason that the KC version of RRB didn't get on the radio is because it was just album filler where he got to record a song that he liked. I've noticed that most A list artists have "preset" singles and they're usually the first few tracks of the album so that the average fan will buy the album to listen to those songs before giving up on the CD.

Gsquared
03-07-2007, 11:34 AM
You like sharing it in the bare that's for sure... ;)
You outta see how I dress when I clean my apartment.

Gobbla2001
03-07-2007, 11:35 AM
haha...I actually bought that one song on iTunes because 1) I wanted to hear RRB gone pop and 2) the slogan on GW was "Here's to a tour bus". Lee Ann Womack recorded "Down and Out" and it will be on her new album. I think the reason that the KC version of RRB didn't get on the radio is because it was just album filler where he got to record a song that he liked. I've noticed that most A list artists have "preset" singles and they're usually the first few tracks of the album so that the average fan will buy the album to listen to those songs before giving up on the CD.

I put off listening to that song because I didn't want to hear it KC style, but my friend had it in his car one day so I listened... didn't do a bad job of it, but still he shoulda just put RRB's version on there...

I heard KC picks out RRB songs in his rehersals just for the hell of it... but that was a long time ago

Gp83
03-07-2007, 11:39 AM
I use Limewire

injuredinmelee
03-07-2007, 12:46 PM
I wear out bearshare