PDA

View Full Version : Man allegedly trying break-in calls cops

TexasHSFootball
03-06-2007, 05:22 PM
for my odd news post of the day...

STEVENS POINT, Wis. - If only all criminals were this helpful. A 24-year-old man called police to tell them he was trying to break into a church, but he wasn't having much luck.

Police said the would-be thief's call prompted them to show up at St. Paul's Lutheran Church, where they found him waiting. The man told them he had hoped to get married in the church and was trying to use a metal shovel to break through the doors. He told them, if anything, he figured they could help.

Officers search the man and found marijuana. He then invited them to his home, where he told them they would find more drugs.

They did: He showed them his stash of marijuana and stolen prescription drugs.

The man was arrested on charges of criminal damage to property, possession of drugs and paraphernalia, police said. He has not yet been charged.

News of the Saturday incident was spreading throughout City Hall.

"There aren't many arrests like that," Police Chief Jeff Morris said.

LH Panther Mom
03-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Well, this certainly gets my "stupid criminal of the day" nomination. :doh: :doh: :doh:

garageoffice
03-06-2007, 05:25 PM
It's a good thing they arrested him before his stupidity became terminal.

:eek:

BuffyMars
03-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Wow! What a nice thoughtful criminal! I wish more criminals were like him! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bullaholic
03-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Saw in a Ft. Worth "Cops" episode a lady who called the police because a man at an open window had taken her $20 bill and not returned it. The officer asked what she was trying to buy and she replies--"grass" and the officer just looks at her and shakes his head and says---"Lady, you want me to go over to that window and tell that drug dealer to give you $20 worth of pot or give you your $20 back. Is that right?" She says---"Yes, that's right officer". I think the officer is still laughing.

BuffyMars
03-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Saw in a Ft. Worth "Cops" episode a lady who called the police because a man at an open window had taken her $20 bill and not returned it. The officer asked what she was trying to buy and she replies--"grass" and the officer just looks at her and shakes his head and says---"Lady, you want me to go over to that window and tell that drug dealer to give you $20 worth of pot or give you your $20 back. Is that right?" She says---"Yes, that's right officer". I think the officer is still laughing.

I saw that one as well, but I thought it was crack she was wanting. :thinking:

Either way...HI-LAR-I-OUS!!!!!:D

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
I saw that one as well, but I thought it was crack she was wanting. :thinking:

Either way...HI-LAR-I-OUS!!!!!:D

And your family is not as nice..They like to ram police cars and run

44INAROW
03-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

oh this should be a good story.............

BuffyMars
03-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Just one! At least it didn't make Cops!

My family is perfect! :tongue:

All cousins are supposed to have herpes and beat their girlfriends and sell drugs and have like I dunno 6 illigitimate kids by 25 and beat their grandmas....I mean they all do. He's totally normal. I don't hate him at all. I have nothing but love for him....

:mad: :hand:

Oh... wrong cousin.

The other one. :doh: :rolleyes:

eagles_victory
03-06-2007, 06:45 PM
what about the guy who called the cops to tell them that kids were stealing his majariuana that he was growing in his garden and he wanted them arrested