PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me....I am about to fall asleep at work!

BuffyMars
03-06-2007, 03:12 PM
But I was wondering how many of you ladies or gentlemen ended up marrying someone like your mother or father.

Terry is just like my dad.

Both are the 2 most intelligent people I have ever met. They both love to talk history, religion, etc. and both know how to hold the conversation with facts, etc.

Both played sports (well :thumbsup: ) and are athletic.

Both have full beards and mustaches.

Both were married before their current spouses.

I mean there are just so many things now that I see in Terry that I see in my dad, and never believed in the whole you always marry someone like your parents.

What is even neater about the whole situation is that Terry's pars there is an 8-9 year difference in age. Terry's dad was married before and had 2 kids before marrying Terry's mother. They have been married for 34 years. :D

There is a 5-6 year difference in my mom and dad. My dad was married 2x before my mom, no kids. My parents are celebrating their 30th anniversary this month.

And Terry was married before me and we have a 7-8 year difference in age.

Hopefully, we will have a lasting relationship much like our parents did after all the men had sewn all of their wild oats. :D

Phil C
03-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
But I was wondering how many of you ladies or gentlemen ended up marrying someone like your mother or father.

Terry is just like my dad.

Both are the 2 most intelligent people I have ever met. They both love to talk history, religion, etc. and both know how to hold the conversation with facts, etc.

Both played sports (well :thumbsup: ) and are athletic.

Both have full beards and mustaches.

Both were married before their current spouses.

I mean there are just so many things now that I see in Terry that I see in my dad, and never believed in the whole you always marry someone like your parents.

What is even neater about the whole situation is that Terry's pars there is an 8-9 year difference in age. Terry's dad was married before and had 2 kids before marrying Terry's mother. They have been married for 34 years. :D

There is a 5-6 year difference in my mom and dad. My dad was married 2x before my mom, no kids. My parents are celebrating their 30th anniversary this month.

And Terry was married before me and we have a 7-8 year difference in age.

Hopefully, we will have a lasting relationship much like our parents did after all the men had sewn all of their wild oats. :D

That is wonderful news Buffy. It is a great tribute to both your parents for making 30 years and for Terry's parents now lasting 34 years and sowing their wild oats and really making those marriages work and is very inspirational indeed.

Now tell me one thing:

DO YOU ALL REALLY EXPECT THOSE MARRIAGES TO LAST?

:D

BuffyMars
03-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
That is wonderful news Buffy. It is a great tribute to both your parents for making 30 years and for Terry's parents now lasting 34 years and sowing their wild oats and really making those marriages work and is very inspirational indeed.

Now tell me one thing:

DO YOU ALL REALLY EXPECT THOSE MARRIAGES TO LAST?

:D

LOL!!

Well personally, I don't know how Terry's dad stayed married to his mom all these years without killing her. :confused: No wonder every other word out of that man's mouth is "huh". He purposely went deaf!

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 03:25 PM
LOL!!

Well personally, I don't know how Terry's dad stayed married to his mom all these years without killing her. :confused: No wonder every other word out of that man's mouth is "huh". He purposely went deaf!

thankfully ur not like my mom..well maybe a little BIT

BuffyMars
03-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
thankfully ur not like my mom..well maybe a little BIT

I pray to god I never get like that! I thought at 1st you were going to play the whole"my mother is a saint" joke again. :hand:

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 03:28 PM
I pray to god I never get like that! I thought at 1st you were going to play the whole"my mother is a saint" joke again. :hand:

St Satan maybe

BuffyMars
03-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
St Satan maybe

Sadly, you are her only child, and she still acts like Queen of the Damned. :dispntd:

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Sadly, you are her only child, and she still acts like Queen of the Damned. :dispntd:

u just hate my mom