PDA

View Full Version : ACM shuts out Dixie Chicks...

JR2004
03-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Again!

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/40410711

kaorder1999
03-06-2007, 01:34 PM
good job ACM!!!

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
good job ACM!!!

why good job? If their music merits awards then they should be nominated no matter their political beliefs

kaorder1999
03-06-2007, 01:40 PM
well...the Dixie Chicks are the ones who told millions at the Grammy's that they didn't have a genre and they didnt care. I have no problem with the ACM's not considering them a part of Country Music!!!

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 01:40 PM
well...the Dixie Chicks ar ethe ones who told millions at the Grammy's that they didn't have a genre. I have no problem with the ACM's not considering them a part of Country Music!!!

ahh ok I undestandwhat u mean..I thought u was going on simply what they said

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
why good job? If their music merits awards then they should be nominated no matter their political beliefs

:clap:

Holy crap, we agree with something....:thinking:

kaorder1999
03-06-2007, 01:41 PM
i also just dont like them. I have never liked them. i cant stand their music.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 01:43 PM
i also just dont like them. I have never liked them. i cant stand their music.

I don't like any music where women are singing, it all sounds good most of the time, but just not my cup of tea.

Gp83
03-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Only way Chipsy Dicks could win a grammy was because of the liberal nut jobs.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
Only way Chipsy Dicks could win a grammy was because of the liberal nut jobs.

Here we go again with the politics....I guess we should all just move to North Korea, that way you'll never have to hear about a celebrity or a band expressing their own political views that might be different from yours. :hand:

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
:clap:

Holy crap, we agree with something....:thinking:

Jackarse:D

Adidas410s
03-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Here we go again with the politics....I guess we should all just move to North Korea, that way you'll never have to hear about a celebrity or a band expressing their own political views that might be different from yours. :hand:

Just curious...but why do you think that musicians and other entertainers feel the need to express their political views through their work? We both know it sure wouldn't fly for top executives in major companies to start passing down their political views on their employees.

big daddy russ
03-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Rascal Flatts is less country than the Dixie Chicks, but they got an invite.

Bullaholic
03-06-2007, 01:59 PM
I don't like any music where women are singing, it all sounds good most of the time, but just not my cup of tea.

You've been to one too many Yell practices, BBDE...:D

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Just curious...but why do you think that musicians and other entertainers feel the need to express their political views through their work? We both know it sure wouldn't fly for top executives in major companies to start passing down their political views on their employees.

My personal take

Art is just that a person's expression. Whether it be in paint, music, or words they are using the canvas of art as a way to express their views and beliefs.

I dont agree with all their views, but I agree they have the right

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

They're not passing down their political views, just expressing them. The difference between them saying their views and you is that it was televised and broadcast to the nation, yours aren't.

JasperDog94
03-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Here we go again with the politics....I guess we should all just move to North Korea, that way you'll never have to hear about a celebrity or a band expressing their own political views that might be different from yours. :hand: They have the right to express their views and I have the right to agree or disagree with the chicken crap way they did it.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
They have the right to express their views and I have the right to agree or disagree with the chicken crap way they did it.

Yeah, but a lot of people just didn't like what they said. You're a minority in your opinion and very well justified, I might add, but many just turned on them because they were against their political position.

garageoffice
03-06-2007, 02:17 PM
The problem isn't with the Chicks expressing their views...it's with the fact that there are people in our world who will listen to them simply because they are famous. It's not an artist or expression problem, it's a societal problem. I always laugh when I see any politician recruiting celebrities or when I see celebrities jumping into the political arguments. They are just people like you and me. They are as smart (or stupid) as anyone else, but there are some that will take everything they say as truth just because they admire their work.

We live in a silly world!

JR2004
03-06-2007, 06:44 PM
They have the right to express their views and I have the right to agree or disagree with the chicken crap way they did it.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

luvhoops34
03-06-2007, 07:56 PM

I like the Chicks music ok but ever since they decided to use their celebrity status as a political sounding board and overseas no less, I just don't have any use for them.

Bull's-eye
03-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by garageoffice
The problem isn't with the Chicks expressing their views...it's with the fact that there are people in our world who will listen to them simply because they are famous. It's not an artist or expression problem, it's a societal problem. I always laugh when I see any politician recruiting celebrities or when I see celebrities jumping into the political arguments. They are just people like you and me. They are as smart (or stupid) as anyone else, but there are some that will take everything they say as truth just because they admire their work.

We live in a silly world!

Well said! :clap: :clap: :clap:

We can all agree that it has hurt them financially.

bobcat1
03-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Well said! :clap: :clap: :clap:

We can all agree that it has hurt them financially.
And we can hope it continues to hurt them.

Merle Haggard sang it best. "If you don't love it leave it. Let this song that I'm singing be a warning. If you're running down our country hoss you're walking on the fightin' side of me."

I haven't figured out if he was singing to the hoss sized lead singer or hoss faced one that plays in the band and is married to Charlie Robinson.:D

LH Panther Mom
03-06-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm more of a Maines Brothers fan. :) And I don't care one way or the other what anyone's political views are - it never affects the music I choose to listen to or the movies I choose to watch.

lepfan
03-06-2007, 09:54 PM
i also just dont like them. I have never liked them. i cant stand their music. I like them. I have always liked them. I like their music. :)

Bull19
03-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
married to Charlie Robinson.:D

ITS ROBISON

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
And we can hope it continues to hurt them.

Merle Haggard sang it best. "If you don't love it leave it. Let this song that I'm singing be a warning. If you're running down our country hoss you're walking on the fightin' side of me."

I haven't figured out if he was singing to the hoss sized lead singer or hoss faced one that plays in the band and is married to Charlie Robinson.:D

Here is the problem with that IMO..This country was BUILT on the ability to agree or disagree with politics, religion or anything.

I NEVER have liked the if you dont like it then just leave, cause our country prides itself on debate in the political and public forum. Sometimes it goes to the extreme, but I would rather have extreme debate than extreme fall in line with the government no matter what they do

big daddy russ
03-07-2007, 01:08 AM
I don't agree with what they said, but if I hated them I'd be forced to hate Green Day, Rage Against the Machine, and tons of other political bands. So would everyone else.

I haven't heard any of their new stuff, but I still like the Dixie Chicks' music just the same as I still love Rage's music... even though Zack de la Rocha is a staunch supporter of one crazy, genocidal, but dead revolutionary.

Honestly, I can't stand Green Day. Loved "Dookie," but they've just sucked ever since, and they continue to get worse. But even though their music is horrible these days, the thing that pisses me off the most now is that they seem to lead the charge for uneducated people throwing their opinions out into the political arena.

burnet44
03-07-2007, 02:54 AM
ty AMC

bobcat1
03-07-2007, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Here is the problem with that IMO..This country was BUILT on the ability to agree or disagree with politics, religion or anything.

I NEVER have liked the if you dont like it then just leave, cause our country prides itself on debate in the political and public forum. Sometimes it goes to the extreme, but I would rather have extreme debate than extreme fall in line with the government no matter what they do Here's my retort. If I don't like a TV show, I don't watch it. I do not now nor ever will I like the Band called the Dixie Chicks. I don't like their look nor style. The fact that they failed to back our President, made disparaging remarks about him and his decisions only added to my disdain for them. At that point I believe we needed to ban together as a country, back our leaders 100% and pray for them daily for wisdom and guidance, not run them in the ground. I now have them right up there with Hanoi Jane and Barbara Streisand. Whenever they are on radio or TV I change channels. They make me want to barf.:foul:

Originally posted by Bull19
ITS ROBISON
I knew that. I am old and entitled to 1 mistake daily:crazy1:

Ingleside Fan
03-07-2007, 06:31 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bobcat1
[B]Here's my retort. If I don't like a TV show, I don't watch it. I do not now nor ever will I like the Band called the Dixie Chicks. I don't like their look nor style. The fact that they failed to back our President, made disparaging remarks about him and his decisions only added to my disdain for them. At that point I believe we needed to ban together as a country, back our leaders 100% and pray for them daily for wisdom and guidance, not run them in the ground. I now have them right up there with Hanoi Jane and Barbara Streisand. Whenever they are on radio or TV I change channels. They make me want to barf.:foul:

Judge not lest ye be judged! Time to forgive. :)

gato 76
03-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm more of a Maines Brothers fan. :) And I don't care one way or the other what anyone's political views are - it never affects the music I choose to listen to or the movies I choose to watch.

Good point,I could not have said it better but when i hear the bashing of the dixie chicks its the same stuff or comments you hear from people like Shuan Hannity,Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh too many people take what they say to heart.I think people like the dixie chicks know that if they make a statement about certain issues it could come back to haunt them,same with our political leaders they just have to deal with it.Besides i don't think they really care what you think anyway.

kaorder1999
03-07-2007, 09:07 AM
When the country music fans turned their back on the Chicks, instead of working to win back their fans (though they shouldnt have to) they flipped country music the bird and said screw all of yall.

themsu97
03-07-2007, 09:20 AM
They said they were ashamed to be from Texas... and now Texas is ashamed of them... whiny sounding women on the radio is not what I prefer... if I wanted to hear that I would just hang out in the teachers lounge... it would be more entertaining...

and I could care less if they could care less about me... Hollywood does not either... but as long as the Susan Sarandon's, Tim Robbins and Alec baldwins think that AMerica cares what they think and the media keeps cramming it down our throats, America will continue to degenerate...
not agreeing and debating is a good thing and it is healthy, but we have gone to the unhealthy side

pirate4state
03-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Gp83
Only way Chipsy Dicks could win a grammy was because of the liberal nut jobs. :doh: :doh: :rolleyes: good grief

Gobbla2001
03-07-2007, 09:57 AM
I'm not an "anti-Chicks" person though I was upset when they did what they did...

but I will say, had they said "Bush Rocks, we're glad he's from our home state so kiss our asses", this album would not have won grammys... but it may be winning AMC awards right now (;) ... it goes both ways)... this Album could have been even BETTER than it is now, but it would not have won grammys... but that's up to the grammys, not me, so they do what they do...

but as some have said on here and I have said since hearing this, they don't want to be a part of country music, they say they do not have a genre, so how were they "shut out" or "snubbed"???