PDA

View Full Version : Burnet fans at Victoria

mwisnews
11-22-2003, 11:36 PM
Hey Burnet fans I wondering how many people came to the game. Did it overflow the stands 20 minutes after the gates opened. What was their band like and what about that wide open space Victoria had in the endzones did they have temporary seats?

mwisnews
11-22-2003, 11:56 PM
what happened?

spaniard
11-23-2003, 12:02 AM
i wish i could tell you, but i cant. i still cant get a hold of anyone from home to know where the game will be next week, and what all happened, all i know is the pbp provided by hotrod. hehe, but im sure that they had a big screen set up in the parking lot for all those extra burnet folks :D :p

pirate4state
11-23-2003, 12:28 AM
The stands were not full. Your band did great, as usual!! I LOVE your band, I just wish they'd turn and face the home side. We decided to sit on the home side, we figured Burnet's side would be at capacity, but it wasn't. Still a good turn out. See ya'll next week.

olddog73
11-23-2003, 02:44 AM
pirate4state:
The stands were not full. Your band did great, as usual!! I LOVE your band, I just wish they'd turn and face the home side. We decided to sit on the home side, we figured Burnet's side would be at capacity, but it wasn't. Still a good turn out. See ya'll next week.Pirate4state, you had a better view of the Burnet side than I did because I was sitting on the green side. From where I sat our side looked pretty full and the Warton side looked pretty skimpy. I couldnt believe this game was played less than an hour from Warton and that was the bigest crowd they could muster. Burnet had a 3 1/2 hour drive and they still turned out more fans than Warton. I know Sinton will do better. I look forward to seeing you guys next week.

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-23-2003, 02:57 AM
The Victoria people were great, they opened the gates at 4:30, I'm told . Our charter got there at 5:00. I could tell the east end of the Burnet
side wasn't full. They had great parking for all the charter buses. Everthing was convenient.

On a positive side the Wharton band doubled their
last year size. They had 18 this year. Their
Drill team was real good though, very talented young ladies.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

jason
11-23-2003, 09:30 AM
olddog73:

pirate4state:
The stands were not full. Your band did great, as usual!! I LOVE your band, I just wish they'd turn and face the home side. We decided to sit on the home side, we figured Burnet's side would be at capacity, but it wasn't. Still a good turn out. See ya'll next week.Pirate4state, you had a better view of the Burnet side than I did because I was sitting on the green side. From where I sat our side looked pretty full and the Warton side looked pretty skimpy. I couldnt believe this game was played less than an hour from Warton and that was the bigest crowd they could muster. Burnet had a 3 1/2 hour drive and they still turned out more fans than Warton. I know Sinton will do better. I look forward to seeing you guys next week.the stands you (anyone) are in always look fuller than they really are ... you can't see the empty spots

RiverRatDad
11-23-2003, 09:49 AM
Actually, it looked to me that the Burnet crowd was way down from last year. Both of the end sections were empty (except for the band).
Congrats to the Burnet folks, and good luck for the rest of the playoffs. Wow, what an offense.

pirate4state
11-23-2003, 11:07 AM
RiverRatDad:
Wow, what an offense.You said it! I heard the phrase "scoring machine" several times in the stands. Just unbelievable. Shipley is like a vacuum. That guy is unreal!!! I think he took a 2 or 3 minute break last night. He is all over the place. I'm looking forward to seeing him play at UT! :D

PAINTBALL
11-23-2003, 11:48 AM
There will be even less fans at the Burnet-Sinton game. Too long to travel on the day after Thanksgiving, Mandatory visitation with relatives, and the Texas-A&M game. To much competition for the fans. The choice of this site and game date will cost both schools a lot of money. Sinton officials should have thought of this before their pick.

olddog73
11-23-2003, 11:54 AM
jason:

olddog73:

pirate4state:
The stands were not full. Your band did great, as usual!! I LOVE your band, I just wish they'd turn and face the home side. We decided to sit on the home side, we figured Burnet's side would be at capacity, but it wasn't. Still a good turn out. See ya'll next week.Pirate4state, you had a better view of the Burnet side than I did because I was sitting on the green side. From where I sat our side looked pretty full and the Warton side looked pretty skimpy. I couldnt believe this game was played less than an hour from Warton and that was the bigest crowd they could muster. Burnet had a 3 1/2 hour drive and they still turned out more fans than Warton. I know Sinton will do better. I look forward to seeing you guys next week.the stands you (anyone) are in always look fuller than they really are ... you can't see the empty spotsYour right Jason, thats why I said he had a better view of the Burnet side than I did. I usually try to get around and get a view of our stands, but last night I didnt. It was a great night, wouldn't have missed it for anything!

sinton66
11-23-2003, 12:03 PM
PAINTBALL:
There will be even less fans at the Burnet-Sinton game. Too long to travel on the day after Thanksgiving, Mandatory visitation with relatives, and the Texas-A&M game. To much competition for the fans. The choice of this site and game date will cost both schools a lot of money. Sinton officials should have thought of this before their pick.Don't know about Burnet, but it won't cost Sinton anything. There will be a HUGE crowd at this game. The rest of our district is playing basketball now as well as 31-3A, and MOST are within a 30 minute drive from Corpus. Most of our 2A friends will be there too.

PAINTBALL
11-23-2003, 12:42 PM
sinton66:

PAINTBALL:
There will be even less fans at the Burnet-Sinton game. Too long to travel on the day after Thanksgiving, Mandatory visitation with relatives, and the Texas-A&M game. To much competition for the fans. The choice of this site and game date will cost both schools a lot of money. Sinton officials should have thought of this before their pick.Don't know about Burnet, but it won't cost Sinton anything. There will be a HUGE crowd at this game. The rest of our district is playing basketball now as well as 31-3A, and MOST are within a 30 minute drive from Corpus. Most of our 2A friends will be there too.The gate is split 50/50, so for every fan that doesn't attend from whereever, each school loses $3.00. If Sinton brings more fans then Burnet, then Burnet brings a lot of Sinton's money back to Burnet. O.K. for me. Sinton's going to lose both the game and money. Somebody should send Sinton's administration back to college to retake Marketing 101.

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

sinton66
11-23-2003, 12:48 PM
Roles are reversed this time around. This year, Sinton has everything to gain and nothing what-so-ever to lose. See you in Corpus. Have a safe trip. wink

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2003, 12:49 PM
PAINTBALL:
There will be even less fans at the Burnet-Sinton game. Too long to travel on the day after Thanksgiving, Mandatory visitation with relatives, and the Texas-A&M game. To much competition for the fans. The choice of this site and game date will cost both schools a lot of money. Sinton officials should have thought of this before their pick.Well, if you need a 3A fix & can't make it to Corpus, you can always come to Seguin Saturday. wink