PDA

View Full Version : Madden 07...thoughts???

Adidas410s
03-06-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm sure there is a thread back from last August that talks about the game...but I'm feeling lazy this morning.

I just bought it off of eBay last night. For those that have played it...is it as good/better/worse than previous years? Have they made any changes to the franchise/owner modes?

Who-dun-it!!?
03-06-2007, 09:29 AM
havn't played it.

Adidas410s
03-06-2007, 10:28 AM
thanks for the insight...:rolleyes:

injuredinmelee
03-06-2007, 10:30 AM
I played the crap out of it. But I suck.

I just bought Head Coach finally. Love some things about the game but it could have been so much better. I dont like how they limit you on playbook and roster changes during office hours and how you cant change some fo the office hours in your calendar to like sign players or make trades.

Adidas410s
03-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I played the crap out of it. But I suck.

I just bought Head Coach finally. Love some things about the game but it could have been so much better. I dont like how they limit you on playbook and roster changes during office hours and how you cant change some fo the office hours in your calendar to like sign players or make trades.

I bought it last summer...played it for a while but tired of it after a few weeks. The games were so frustrating in that your players made a lot of poor decisions that you wouldn't make when playing the game. Maybe that's just a bit more realistic though... :(

DU_stud04
03-06-2007, 11:38 AM
idk if it was just me, but i really liked playing 07 better than any previous year, just had a good feel to it for me. passing is a bit tough and if you have lt, then your just gonna have a field day running the ball, trying to stop him on the game is almost impossible....almost like in real life hahaha.

i give it one thumb up...the first madden game to get a thumb up from me.

Keith7
03-06-2007, 12:11 PM
i'd say its about the same as last year, not alot of new improvements.. unless you have it on 360, and if thats the case it sucks.. sorry I just don't like ea sports games on the 360, they havn't figured it out yet

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
i'd say its about the same as last year, not alot of new improvements.. unless you have it on 360, and if thats the case it sucks.. sorry I just don't like ea sports games on the 360, they havn't figured it out yet

EA stripped all the extras out of the game on the 360 platform to rebuild them..THIS year supposedly all the fun extras will be back in the game

Keith7
03-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
EA stripped all the extras out of the game on the 360 platform to rebuild them..THIS year supposedly all the fun extras will be back in the game

thats what they said last year tho too.. but I own every Madden since 1996 and will continue to buy them til they get it right so i guess they can do anything they want really

Adidas410s
03-06-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm planning to get a ps3 in July when we see NCAA 08, Madden 08, and TW 08 come out in consecutive months. I can only hope and pray that they've beefed up the games by then and that they have all of the stadiums in the game...especially for NCAA! :mad:

Keith7
03-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I'm planning to get a ps3 in July when we see NCAA 08, Madden 08, and TW 08 come out in consecutive months. I can only hope and pray that they've beefed up the games by then and that they have all of the stadiums in the game...especially for NCAA! :mad:

I think they will be alot better, you could see the potential they had in last years games.. plus I remember when the ps2 first game out and I played madden I thought "and this is supposed to be better?".. it just takes alittle time to get all the bugs fixed.. I wish ea would take some notes from the way 2k is going in making the game as authentic as possable with lifelike player models, and signature moves

Emerson1
03-06-2007, 07:36 PM
I think it's alright. The 360 version of both games are pretty stipped, not worth a $60 buy. I got madden free and ncaa for $25 though. I'm just going through to get achievements.

TexanAlum_06
03-06-2007, 07:57 PM
I thought NCAA on 360 was below-average. though the new stadiums and the big hits and added juke moves were nice. The only thing I use NCAA for now is just to send players to the NFL draft and sometimes I will do a dynasty with like a SMU or Duke or something and slowly build them into a respectable program, then leave and go build up another one. its fun, but gets old.For the first time since like 2001 I enjoy playing Madden better then NCAA. Madden 07 plays pretty nice. But they still have a lot to work on for the 360, which they will improve. they are still sorting things out and figuring out their capabilites on the new system. I think the 2008 lineup will be a lot more in depth and more complete. Does anyone else think the players runnings styles on the 360 look a little bit goofy? or like they are running in slow motion?